Windows 10: Autocorrect in Word/Office 2019 turns back on after it has been disabled: Windows 10 has...

Discus and support Autocorrect in Word/Office 2019 turns back on after it has been disabled: Windows 10 has... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A discussion in the Word/Office community forum suggests that the auto-correct function in word/office can be turned off. But even when it has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrendanMcManus1, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Autocorrect in Word/Office 2019 turns back on after it has been disabled: Windows 10 has...

A discussion in the Word/Office community forum suggests that the auto-correct function in word/office can be turned off. But even when it has been turned off, apparently it turns itself back on. The discussion there suggests this is probably also a Windows problem. So I am asking whether anyone has an answer as to what to do to get Word/Office to not turn the autocorrect function--if there is some connection with Windows 10. I replicate exact texts and ANY autocorrection is a headache. Old files suddenly have caps where they do not belong and substitutions.

:)

BrendanMcManus1, Jul 29, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2021
  3. GDSTR1 Win User
    Autocorrect won't turn off on Windows 10 tablet.

Using a Fusion 5 tablet, installed with Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17134.706, running Office 365 16.0.11425.20228. Want to disable autocorrect. Turned off via Windows settings, but it's still operating. How can I stop it?

Just to be clear: I am using the onscreen software keyboard. Settings App -> Devices -> Typing -> Autocorrect misspelt words and Highlight misspelt words are off. I've even tried to stop it via a registry edit. Same result: autocorrect is still operating.

Ideally, I'd like to keep suggestions on. Happy with suggestions, I just want to do the corrections myself because it often `corrects` them wrongly which makes it harder to spot when proofreading.

However, if turning off suggestions as well is the only way, I can live with that, but whenever I toggle that off, it toggles itself back on again and so autocorrect comes back.

Tried asking this on the Office forums because I initially came across the problem when using Word, but it seems to be a general Windows problem.

Any suggestions?

GDSTR1, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Autocorrect in Word/Office 2019 turns back on after it has been disabled: Windows 10 has...

Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

In this case, we suggest following the steps below to work around the issue:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do step 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exist.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Autocorrect in Word/Office 2019 turns back on after it has been disabled: Windows 10 has...

1. Autocorrect in Word/Office 2019 turns back on after it has been disabled: Windows 10 has... - Similar Threads - Autocorrect Word Office

2. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator has been disabled.: I reset my laptophp and it has problems that administrator has been disabled.So I tried to fix it. I opened the command prompt and I did sfc/scannow.Verification 100% complete, but I got Windows resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.How can I fix it?...
  3. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    administrator has been disabled.: I reset my laptophp and it has problems that administrator has been disabled.So I tried to fix it. I opened the command prompt and I did sfc/scannow.Verification 100% complete, but I got Windows resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.How can I fix it?...
  4. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. audio has been disabled

audio has been disabled: The audio function on our computer appears to have been disabled after a friend's child was playing x box or something on the computer, we have tried everything to find out how the audio seems to have disappeared but the message on the computer just keeps saying that there is...
  6. This feature has been disabled by your administrator Office 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    This feature has been disabled by your administrator Office 2016: I clicked to use the help in MS Excel and I got an error message stating that the feature was disabled my my administrator. However this is my home computer and I am the only person that uses the computer. I opened up Word and tried clicking on help and I get the same error...
  7. This feature has been disabled by your administrator Office 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    This feature has been disabled by your administrator Office 2016: I clicked to use the help in MS Excel and I got an error message stating that the feature was disabled my my administrator. However this is my home computer and I am the only person that uses the computer. I opened up Word and tried clicking on help and I get the same error...
  8. AutoCorrect in Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AutoCorrect in Word: Autocorrect spelling not working in Office Word Windows 10 April update. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autocorrect-in-word/8e719db2-b957-4235-a080-6fe97780d372
  9. account has been disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    account has been disabled: hi, just bought a new dell with windows 10. During the point when you enter your new password and have to reenter the password the screen went haywire with flashing colours, it would not stop, so i turned the computer off. So i never got to set a password. So now when i...
  10. Disable Windows 10 "App has been blocked"

Disable Windows 10 "App has been blocked": [img] Online I've only seen work-arounds posted that involve logging into the built in Administrator account and running it from there, but I want to disable this app blocking entirely for any account. How do? 55002