Windows 10: Autocorrect misspelled words not working / can I use SwiftKey?

Discus and support Autocorrect misspelled words not working / can I use SwiftKey? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to have misspelled words in Dutch autocorrected while typing in the webbrowser chrome on windows. On my android phone, my keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by prinsrob, Jan 5, 2021.

1. prinsrob Win User

Autocorrect misspelled words not working / can I use SwiftKey?

I would like to have misspelled words in Dutch autocorrected while typing in the webbrowser chrome on windows. On my android phone, my keyboard (GBoard) does this fantastically. SwiftKey by Microsoft seems to do the same on android.

In windows 10 PC Settings - Devices - Typing, I have 'autocorrect misspelled words' activated. For hardware keyboard, I have 'autocorrect misspelled words as I type' activated.

Autocorrect misspelled words not working / can I use SwiftKey? [​IMG]

Autocorrection does not work. I see suggested words (see attachment), and when I misspell a word, the correct suggestion usually comes up first. But I have to click the word to have it corrected.

My questions: Am I doing something wrong and does this work for others? If it does not work for others, is there something I can do to get the android kind of typing on windows 10?

My windows version number is 19041.685

:)

prinsrob, Jan 5, 2021
  2. tyagih Win User

'Autocorrect/Highlight misspelled words' NOT working in Windows 10 Pro

Hello

I am using Windows 10 Pro on my laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad T450) and facing issue with 'Autocorrect/Highlight misspelled words' option. Windows is not autocorrecting or highlighting the misspelled words in any of the application. I have checked the following
    Windows settings and both these options are enabled there.

Settings -> Devices -> Typing -> Spelling -> Autocorrect misspelled words

Settings -> Devices -> Typing -> Spelling -> Highlight misspelled words

I have tried turning off/on these settings but it didn't help.

Is anybody out there also facing this issue. What could be the resolution steps to fix this?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

tyagih, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

In this case, we suggest following the steps below to work around the issue:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do step 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exist.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Autocorrect misspelled words not working / can I use SwiftKey?

Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

Okay. I have followred th instuctions to the ltter and am now trstngn to see if it wporked.

Sorry to say that it did not.

Charles.Haacker, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Autocorrect misspelled words not working / can I use SwiftKey?

1. Autocorrect misspelled words not working / can I use SwiftKey? - Similar Threads - Autocorrect misspelled words

2. Autocorrect mispelled words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autocorrect mispelled words: My keyboard keeps correcting my speeling and I want to turn off "autocorrect mispelled words" but the option to turn it of does not show up in my settings. Where can i find this optionExample 1 - Black background, my settings, missing "autocorrect mispelled words"Example 2 -...
  3. Autocorrect on dictate in word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autocorrect on dictate in word: I want to turn off autocorrect when I dictate in word. Can anyone tell me how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autocorrect-on-dictate-in-word/06746729-4c30-4185-870a-39147c7f285e
  4. Autocorrect on dictate in word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autocorrect on dictate in word: I want to turn off autocorrect when I dictate in word. Can anyone tell me how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autocorrect-on-dictate-in-word/06746729-4c30-4185-870a-39147c7f285e
  5. Autocorrect on dictate in word

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to enable or disable Autocorrect and Highlight Misspelled Words settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Autocorrect and Highlight Misspelled Words settings in Windows 10: In Windows 10, misspelled words get autocorrected and highlighted automatically. However, if you want to turn off Spell Checker & Auto-Correct functionalities, you can do it via Settings as well as using REGEDIT and GPEDIT. Today we show you how to do it using the Local Group...
  7. Misspelled words

Misspelled words: I'm finding simple words like "the" and "with" and others within the Microsoft pages and can't correct them. This is also on other Microsoft pages. I don't know where the problem originates from, Windows, Microsoft, Edge, etc. I first noticed this with using Goggle Chrome...
  8. Word AutoCorrect problem

Word AutoCorrect problem: I've been adding words and names in Anglo-Saxon to autocorrect (spelling and formatting in italic) and for the most part things work fine, but recently words are disappearing from autocorrect and I have to identify them again. For example, the word gerefa should display as...
  9. Highlight misspelled words

Highlight misspelled words: Hi, Just have a fresh installed Windows 10 Pro with all latest updates. And I have to languages: ENG (US) and RUS. When I type some random word like "sadfg" in application in windows (Steam, Discord, Chrome) it`s highlight the word with red line like misspelled.I turn off...
  10. AutoCorrect in Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AutoCorrect in Word: Autocorrect spelling not working in Office Word Windows 10 April update. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autocorrect-in-word/8e719db2-b957-4235-a080-6fe97780d372