Windows 10: Autocorrect Problem

Discus and support Autocorrect Problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I disabled autocorrect for misspelled words in "typing settings" but in Windows Explorer search box it autocorrects when I type something. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gholamreza Heidari, May 24, 2024.

1. Autocorrect Problem

Hello I disabled autocorrect for misspelled words in "typing settings" but in Windows Explorer search box it autocorrects when I type something. Please help me how to solve this problem. Thanks. OS: Windows 11 23H2 Build 22631.3593

:)

Gholamreza Heidari, May 24, 2024

2. Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

In this case, we suggest following the steps below to work around the issue:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do step 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exist.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, May 24, 2024
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

Hi,

Notepad is a simple text-editing program that allows minimal formatting and limited to simple text entry. Meanwhile, the autocorrect in Windows 10 can be enabled or disabled by following the steps below:

• Type Devices in Cortana search and press Enter.
    • Click Typing beside the keyboard icon.

Each program has their own autocorrect features, from Windows built-in applications, web browsers, to installed applications. We suggest that you contact the application support to know more about their features.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, May 24, 2024
  4. Autocorrect Problem

Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

Okay. I have followred th instuctions to the ltter and am now trstngn to see if it wporked.

Sorry to say that it did not.

Charles.Haacker, May 24, 2024
Thema:

Autocorrect Problem

1. Autocorrect Problem - Similar Threads - Autocorrect Problem

2. How do I turn off autocorrect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off autocorrect?: I have an hp all in one desktop computer. It has Windows 11. I have been trying to turn off autocorrect as my son needs to do a test, but it isn't showing it as an option. What do I do? I have gone into settings and typing and looked all through there but the autocorrect and...
  3. How do I turn off autocorrect?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off autocorrect?: I have an hp all in one desktop computer. It has Windows 11. I have been trying to turn off autocorrect as my son needs to do a test, but it isn't showing it as an option. What do I do? I have gone into settings and typing and looked all through there but the autocorrect and...
  4. How to disable autocorrect in Explorer search bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable autocorrect in Explorer search bar.: Every time I search for a file or something in Explorer, I have to type slower, so the autocorrect don't 'eat up' the words I'm typing when it tries to correct what I'm trying to type, even when it has nothing wrong, or it tries to capitalize the first letter of the word.This...
  5. How to disable autocorrect in Explorer search bar.

How to disable autocorrect in Explorer search bar.: Every time I search for a file or something in Explorer, I have to type slower, so the autocorrect don't 'eat up' the words I'm typing when it tries to correct what I'm trying to type, even when it has nothing wrong, or it tries to capitalize the first letter of the word.This...
  6. Autocorrect Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autocorrect Problem: Hello I disabled autocorrect for misspelled words in "typing settings" but in Windows Explorer search box it autocorrects when I type something. Please help me how to solve this problem. Thanks. OS: Windows 11 23H2 Build 22631.3593...
  7. Is there a way to recuperate language keyboards and autocorrect in each language from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to recuperate language keyboards and autocorrect in each language from...: I had a major computer crash and Microsoft installed Windows 11 instead of Windows 10, against my wishes. I have lost hundreds and hundreds of Autocorrect settings in several languages. I would like to get them back....
  8. Is there a way to recuperate language keyboards and autocorrect in each language from...

Is there a way to recuperate language keyboards and autocorrect in each language from...: I had a major computer crash and Microsoft installed Windows 11 instead of Windows 10, against my wishes. I have lost hundreds and hundreds of Autocorrect settings in several languages. I would like to get them back....
  9. In Windows 10, where is the autocorrect file?

In Windows 10, where is the autocorrect file?: In Windows 10, where is the autocorrect file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-where-is-the-autocorrect-file/6f7e3dd1-7b4d-4393-945d-d34571972743
  10. Word AutoCorrect problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word AutoCorrect problem: I've been adding words and names in Anglo-Saxon to autocorrect (spelling and formatting in italic) and for the most part things work fine, but recently words are disappearing from autocorrect and I have to identify them again. For example, the word gerefa should display as...