Windows 10: Autocorrect

Discus and support Autocorrect in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I stop Word in Windows 10 from capitalizing the first letter of a line of type? I want to corect my own mistakes, when they are mistakes. And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SethCotharn, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Autocorrect

How do I stop Word in Windows 10 from capitalizing the first letter of a line of type?

I want to corect my own mistakes, when they are mistakes.

And where to I see an answer to my question? I would love to get email at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

SethCotharn, Dec 30, 2019

2. Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

In this case, we suggest following the steps below to work around the issue:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do step 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exist.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

Hi,

Notepad is a simple text-editing program that allows minimal formatting and limited to simple text entry. Meanwhile, the autocorrect in Windows 10 can be enabled or disabled by following the steps below:

• Type Devices in Cortana search and press Enter.
    • Click Typing beside the keyboard icon.

Each program has their own autocorrect features, from Windows built-in applications, web browsers, to installed applications. We suggest that you contact the application support to know more about their features.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Autocorrect

Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

Okay. I have followred th instuctions to the ltter and am now trstngn to see if it wporked.

Sorry to say that it did not.

Charles.Haacker, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Autocorrect

1. Autocorrect - Similar Threads - Autocorrect

2. Is there a way to recuperate language keyboards and autocorrect in each language from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to recuperate language keyboards and autocorrect in each language from...: I had a major computer crash and Microsoft installed Windows 11 instead of Windows 10, against my wishes. I have lost hundreds and hundreds of Autocorrect settings in several languages. I would like to get them back....
  3. Is there a way to recuperate language keyboards and autocorrect in each language from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to recuperate language keyboards and autocorrect in each language from...: I had a major computer crash and Microsoft installed Windows 11 instead of Windows 10, against my wishes. I have lost hundreds and hundreds of Autocorrect settings in several languages. I would like to get them back....
  4. In Windows 10, where is the autocorrect file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In Windows 10, where is the autocorrect file?: In Windows 10, where is the autocorrect file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-where-is-the-autocorrect-file/6f7e3dd1-7b4d-4393-945d-d34571972743
  5. In Windows 10, where is the autocorrect file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 10, where is the autocorrect file?: In Windows 10, where is the autocorrect file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-where-is-the-autocorrect-file/6f7e3dd1-7b4d-4393-945d-d34571972743
  6. In Windows 10, where is the autocorrect file?

7. How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: No, the answers elsewhere are not correct/sufficient.First off, why is spellchecking something that is set up in the "settings-> devices -> typing"...Generalizing autocorrecting and spellchecking to be a global on and off like that is the reason why so many people can't...
  8. How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: No, the answers elsewhere are not correct/sufficient.First off, why is spellchecking something that is set up in the "settings-> devices -> typing"...Generalizing autocorrecting and spellchecking to be a global on and off like that is the reason why so many people can't...
  9. How to fully disable Autocorrect in Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fully disable Autocorrect in Windows?: Hello!Is there a way to fully disable Autocorrect and/or predictive text in Windows 10?I've tried disabling all the settings under Settings > Devices > Typing, but Windows will still apply some autocorrect / predictive typing.Also tried enabling the "Turn off autocorrect...
  10. How to fully disable Autocorrect in Windows?

How to fully disable Autocorrect in Windows?: Hello!Is there a way to fully disable Autocorrect and/or predictive text in Windows 10?I've tried disabling all the settings under Settings > Devices > Typing, but Windows will still apply some autocorrect / predictive typing.Also tried enabling the "Turn off autocorrect...