Windows 10: Autodiscover computer names

Discus and support Autodiscover computer names in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; cannot autodiscover computer names that is in different VLAN connetion, we get this on Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Christiaanmj, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Autodiscover computer names

cannot autodiscover computer names that is in different VLAN connetion, we get this on Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktops

:)

Christiaanmj, Sep 26, 2018

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Baron164 Win User
    Can you disable Proxy Server Autodiscover?

My office has a proxy that is autodiscovered by Internet Explorer. I have my laptop set to not autodiscover proxies so I can bypass it. But I found that my new Windows Phone 7 device also autodiscovers proxies. Anyway of disabling that? It's messing up with
    my email syncing which is the primary reason I need to disable it.

Baron164, Sep 26, 2018
  4. taward Win User

Autodiscover computer names

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Autodiscover computer names

1. Autodiscover computer names - Similar Threads - Autodiscover computer names

2. Name of computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Name of computer: When I originally set up my laptop I logged in with my hotmail account. I have since created a business standard account and login to my outlook etc via the apps. The problem is the computer is still attached to the hotmail account. I wish to give the laptop to a new employee...
  3. Computer name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer name: I changed the computer name on my new Dell XPS and the computer now shows that as its name, however, the old name is still showing up as a network device. Of course when you click on it, you get a not found message. How do I get rid of this?...
  4. Mail app ignoring autodiscover SMTP settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app ignoring autodiscover SMTP settings.: I am trying to set up a simplified setup process for my users to configure the Windows Mail app for IMAP and SMTP. I am providing an autodiscover.xml file which tests perfectly when using Outlook. When I use "Test E-Mail Autoconfiguration" from Outlook, I get a proper...
  5. Naming Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Naming Computer: It's been awhile since I had to set up a new computer. There are two places to 'name your computer' one is in system properties in control panel. The other is in settings/system. Which one do I use? Do I have to do it in both places?...
  6. COMPUTER NAME

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COMPUTER NAME: I changed my pc IP, DNS names to "mypurplelaptop" and now want to restore them to the original names but I don't know what they are supposed to be. Can someone walk me through this in detail?...
  7. Computer Name

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer Name: I want to change the computer name on my PC. It is currently a name that was assigned when I installed Windows 10. I want to give it a different, more common name for use on my home network. My question is, if I change the computer name will that deactivate my Windows 10...
  8. COMPUTER NAME

COMPUTER NAME: HOW TO CHANGE IN WINDOWS 10, THE COMPUTER NAME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-name/a16e131f-f451-4b3e-ace4-c52ba17afabe
  9. Computer name

Computer name: Is it dangerous to change the computers name after I have been using the computer for years? Will it have an effect on any aspect of the computers operation including apps, email, search engines, network connections, WIFI, internet access, computer performance, etc.? I...
  10. Computer name?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer name?: I just noticed when checking my router that my Windows 10 computer is named something like DESKTOP-XXXXXX, where X is a bunch of random letters and numbers. Then I remembered that unlike with Windows 8.x, setup (in the clean install sense) never asked me to enter a name for...