Windows 10: autodiscover.msn.com certificate problem

Discus and support autodiscover.msn.com certificate problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Started getting this a couple of days ago, assume it is coming from my .msn email account when outlook checks for mail? Any guess's what might be... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by meebers, Aug 17, 2017.

1. meebers Win User

autodiscover.msn.com certificate problem

Started getting this a couple of days ago, assume it is coming from my .msn email account when outlook checks for mail? Any guess's what might be causing this. Tx..

:)

meebers, Aug 17, 2017
  2. Richatom Win User

Can't sign into Ovi account with my Ovi Suite 3.0.0.284

I've deleted expired GTE certificates, and left one valid GTE certificate. However, I still can't connect.

I'm not prepared yet to delete ALL expired certificates - that can cause lots of problems.

Can anybody suggest which other expired certificates might be causing the problem?

Richatom, Aug 17, 2017
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Excessive certificate error notifications at websites I commonly visit.

Hi,

Occasionally you'll get an error message telling you there's a problem with a website's security certificate.

For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to know which of these error messages were you getting:

Error message
    What it means

This website's security certificate has been revoked
    You shouldn't trust this website. This often means that the security certificate was obtained or used fraudulently by the website.

This website's address doesn't match the address in the security certificate
    A website is using a certificate that was issued to a different web address. This can occur if a company owns several websites and uses the same certificate for multiple websites.

This website's security certificate is out of date
    The current date is either before or after the time period during which the certificate is valid. Websites must renew their certificates with a certification authority to stay current. Outdated certificates can be a security risk.

This website's security certificate isn't from a trusted source
    The certificate has been issued by a certification authority that isn't recognized by Internet Explorer. Phishing sites often use fake certificates that trigger this error.

Internet Explorer has found a problem with this website's security certificate

Internet Explorer found a problem with a certificate that doesn't match any other errors. It could be because a certificate has been damaged, tampered with, written in an unknown format, or is unreadable. You shouldn't trust the identity of the site if
    a certificate has this error.

In the meantime, we suggest checking your Date & Time settings.

We're here to help. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 17, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Do you use EMET security?...this kind of warning appears when using that app.

I note yours is issued by DigiCert Cloud Services CA-1.

dencal, Aug 17, 2017
  5. webby61 Win User
    I'm having an identical problem with this same message when I open Outlook 2010- autodiscover.msn.com certificate problem.
    Just started a few days ago too.
    I did countless Google searches and could find no solutions that weren't complicated and they dealt with exchange servers. Yours is the only hit I could find with same issue. I'm a home user with only my msn e-mail account in Outlook.

webby61, Aug 17, 2017
  6. meebers Win User
    I am using MS Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium 3.1.2. I use SuperAntiSpyware on occasion. It is not enabled by default but enable it once in a while for weekly maintenance. Might add that I am on Win 10 Pro CU and using Outlook 2013.

meebers, Aug 17, 2017
  7. webby61 Win User
    I don't use EMET. I have Norton Security on Windows 7 64 bit,with correct firewall settings and no alerts for Outlook- the screenshot meebers posted is solely an Outlook security warning and I suspect an error on Microsoft's part in not updating or renewing certificate names of .msn e-mail accounts.

webby61, Aug 18, 2017
  8. autodiscover.msn.com certificate problem

Same thing started to happen to me a few days ago. (W10, defender, Office365 home)

Horsepower, Aug 18, 2017
  9. webby61 Win User
    I started a thread on Microsoft forums for whatever good it will do. Responses from Microsoft moderator not helpful "we suggest that you contact your IP/Admin/email provider directly to check the settings on their end."- provider is Microsoft not any third party provider.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-94e284b456fa

webby61, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. autodiscover.msn.com certificate problem - Similar Threads - autodiscover msn com

2. Problem with client certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with client certificate: Hi every oneI am currently having a problem with the certificate working on windows 10 and windows 11 clients. user after login and the computer shows this certificate even though no action has been taken. This error appears on many users in the domain, has anyone encountered...
  3. Problem with client certificate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with client certificate: Hi every oneI am currently having a problem with the certificate working on windows 10 and windows 11 clients. user after login and the computer shows this certificate even though no action has been taken. This error appears on many users in the domain, has anyone encountered...
  4. COM Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COM Problem: 7.4.2022PC Win 10 Pro + NordVPN disabled and Kaspersky Internet security - user is an administratorHello,There are a lot , 645 in a week, of these Error messages. OK, I am supposed to enable the permission - but is that really the solution and so, how do I change the...
  5. COM Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM Problem: 7.4.2022PC Win 10 Pro + NordVPN disabled and Kaspersky Internet security - user is an administratorHello,There are a lot , 645 in a week, of these Error messages. OK, I am supposed to enable the permission - but is that really the solution and so, how do I change the...
  6. COM Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. COM port problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    COM port problem: How do I find out which COM ports are in use and the devices connected to them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-port-problem/3ab3732e-cced-420e-bc67-689c349fdfd4
  8. Autodiscover computer names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Autodiscover computer names: cannot autodiscover computer names that is in different VLAN connetion, we get this on Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/autodiscover-computer-names/a1a060ab-f7de-480e-9bfe-7d38a66359c4
  9. Problems with Certificates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems with Certificates: When I run certutil –store, all the certificates have the same data at the end of each entry, which is:- No key provider information Cannot find the certificate and private key for decryption I don’t think that this is correct, as I believe Windows has lost the location of...
  10. Msn,com Picture.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Msn,com Picture.: Not sure where to post this. I have taken three pictures of myself in settings account, using the camera. I had to do this to get another picture out of view/selection. Now I have my new picture + 2 on the side. The problem is that I logged out the in to msn.com, but it is...