Windows 10: Autofill doesn't work when opening files in Chrome or Notepad

Discus and support Autofill doesn't work when opening files in Chrome or Notepad in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had AutoSuggest and Append Completion set to yes in registry, but Autofill does not work in the Open dialog box [ATTACH] [ATTACH] 157467 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Helbram, May 31, 2020.

1. Helbram Win User

Autofill doesn't work when opening files in Chrome or Notepad

I had AutoSuggest and Append Completion set to yes in registry, but Autofill does not work in the Open dialog box

Autofill doesn't work when opening files in Chrome or Notepad Iv4UJ8.jpg

Autofill doesn't work when opening files in Chrome or Notepad Iv4wLb.jpg

:)

Helbram, May 31, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Autofill doesn't work when opening files in Chrome or Notepad [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 31, 2020
  3. WldKatt Win User
    How to set up to open html files with Notepad by default

OS - Windows 7. This has never happened before but I just bought this laptop on eBay. Everything works fine BUT this.

I can create a new .html file in Notepad and save as such. Can view in Chrome alright. However can't open with the Notepad as it is not listed as an option. The only options are Chrome, Firefox and IE.

How can I add Notepad to the options? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

WldKatt, May 31, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Autofill doesn't work when opening files in Chrome or Notepad [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, May 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Autofill doesn't work when opening files in Chrome or Notepad - Similar Threads - Autofill doesn't opening

2. Issues with MS Autofill extention in Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with MS Autofill extention in Chrome: I have an iPhone using MS Authenticator and 2 Windows systems using the Chrome autofill extension. I am able to sync between my phone and laptop but on my Desktop PC running Windows 10 it will not sync.I have tried signing out and back in, removing extension and reinstalling...
  3. Issues with MS Autofill extention in Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with MS Autofill extention in Chrome: I have an iPhone using MS Authenticator and 2 Windows systems using the Chrome autofill extension. I am able to sync between my phone and laptop but on my Desktop PC running Windows 10 it will not sync.I have tried signing out and back in, removing extension and reinstalling...
  4. Notepad open new tab not working when opening a .bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad open new tab not working when opening a .bat file: When I try to edit a bat file using notepad the notepad is open in a new window instead of a new tab and when I open the notepad app it opens two windows one with the bat file and one with my previous tabs....
  5. Notepad open new tab not working when opening a .bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad open new tab not working when opening a .bat file: When I try to edit a bat file using notepad the notepad is open in a new window instead of a new tab and when I open the notepad app it opens two windows one with the bat file and one with my previous tabs....
  6. Biometric authentication for chrome autofill

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Biometric authentication for chrome autofill: submitted by /u/HovercraftMain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0uc10/biometric_authentication_for_chrome_autofill/
  7. Chrome intermittently doesn't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome intermittently doesn't open: My operating system is Windows 10, 64 bit. My everyday browser is Chrome, which I have been using for some years without any problems. Recently I have had the situation that every few days Chrome will not open. After I reboot it works OK again for a few days then again won't...
  8. Opening files doesn't autocomplete in Chrome or Notepad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening files doesn't autocomplete in Chrome or Notepad: What registry key or group policy should I modify for it to work? Autofill doesn't work in Chrome or Notepad submitted by /u/pastadough [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsutr8/opening_files_doesnt_autocomplete_in_chrome_or/
  9. Files opening with Notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files opening with Notepad: i have a issue where all my .rpf files are opening with notepad. how would i get them back to normal? the icon was a white piece of paper before if its any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-opening-with-notepad/97a85f6f-c2f4-43a6-9c92-1e4e69ddaf28
  10. Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open: Hi, I just updated to W10. If I open several files/documents I get the icon in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom of the page), hover over it and see the documents that are open. I then open Chrome and the Chrome icon appears in the taskbar and the documents open icon...