Windows 10: Autofill passwords on mail accounts in windows 10

Discus and support Autofill passwords on mail accounts in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I added an old AOL account to my Window 10 mailboxes. I then changed the password. Now the autofill function in windows 10 reverts to my old password.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jean Floten, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Autofill passwords on mail accounts in windows 10

I added an old AOL account to my Window 10 mailboxes. I then changed the password. Now the autofill function in windows 10 reverts to my old password. I have tried deleting the account and readding, I have cleared cookies....help please

:)

Jean Floten, Sep 5, 2020

2. How to fix autofill in Windows 10 Mail App

Went to Start-Settings-Privacy-Contacts. "Let apps access contacts" Was ON.

Still does not autofill when you create a New Mail + to send out and type in a Contact that is in the People App.

Two accounts in Mail App with Incoming as imap.cox.net and Outgoing as smtp.cox.net.

Calendar App says Microsoft Account in Left panel.

Any suggestions to fix autofill?

JamesMartinX, Sep 5, 2020
  3. nkuma2171 Win User
    how to correct an autofill entry

To delete the email address from the autofill in mail app you need to navigate to People app. In people app you will have to assign a fake account and link that account to the email is you are going to delete. Finally. delete the id which comes obviously
    after right clicking. If you feel to know in detail read How to Disable Autofill Email Id Suggestions in Windows 10
    Mail App
    . However People App is the key from where you can manipulate the things.

nkuma2171, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Autofill passwords on mail accounts in windows 10

windows 10 MAIL

Autofill passwords on mail accounts in windows 10 [​IMG]
    Note Please notice: This is how it should work, in theory. However I have not tested this method and post this only as a non-tested idea.

When you sign in to Windows with an MS account and you have set that account up in the Mail app, you cannot delete the account. You can delete all other mail accounts in Mail app but not the first, initial account when signing in with an MS account.

In theory, this workaround should work and achieve what you want to, remove the IMAP account and set it up as a POP3 account:
    1. Enable POP3 for your Outlook.com / Hotmail.com email account, link in Cliff's post
    2. If you have set up the Two Step Verification for your Outlook.com / Hotmail.com account you need to set up an app password for that account account at https://account.live.com/proofs/Manage:

Autofill passwords on mail accounts in windows 10 [​IMG]
    3. Switch to a local account (tutorial)
    4. Delete the IMAP account from the Mail app (tutorial, Option Two). When signed in to Windows with a local account you can delete even the initial mail account from Mail app, something not allowed when signed in with an MS account
    5. Set up your account as POP3 account (tutorial, Option One Step 13). Notice that if you have set up the Two Step Verification you need to use the app password set up in step 2 above instead of your real Outlook.com / Hotmail.com password; your Outlook.com / Hotmail.com password will still be what it is, it remains the same, but Windows Mail app cannot use that password if the Outlook.com / Hotmail.com account is set up as POP3 account and it is using the Two Step Verification. In that case it needs the so called app password
    6. Switch back to MS account (tutorial)

That's it. From this Microsoft help page you can find the required POP3 and SMTP servers: Set up an email app with Outlook.com - Outlook.com Help

Kari, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Autofill passwords on mail accounts in windows 10

1. Autofill passwords on mail accounts in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Autofill passwords mail

2. Password Autofill

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Autofill: Why am I now continually seeing a 'Key' window stating:-"Enable Password Autofill. Check the toolbar button to enable iCloud password extension for Edge" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-autofill/bd9a4df9-35ea-4f0e-a2d5-2b5bb2ff6a97
  3. Password Autofill

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Autofill: Why am I now continually seeing a 'Key' window stating:-"Enable Password Autofill. Check the toolbar button to enable iCloud password extension for Edge" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-autofill/bd9a4df9-35ea-4f0e-a2d5-2b5bb2ff6a97
  4. Pin Request for Autofill Passwords

Pin Request for Autofill Passwords: How do I disable pin requests for autofill passwords? Whenever I go to log in with a saved password my computer asks for my pin before logging me in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-request-for-autofill-passwords/2d4a93a8-1de7-427c-927a-b29dd8b4b86b
  5. Pin Request for Autofill Passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Request for Autofill Passwords: How do I disable pin requests for autofill passwords? Whenever I go to log in with a saved password my computer asks for my pin before logging me in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-request-for-autofill-passwords/2d4a93a8-1de7-427c-927a-b29dd8b4b86b
  6. Pin Request for Autofill Passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Mail Account Passwords

Mail Account Passwords: I am attempting to enter email accounts on another device. When I try to get the passwords from the Mail account in windows 10, all I get is 16 dots. Is there a way to view what these passwords actually are?...
  8. autofill passwords dissappeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    autofill passwords dissappeared: My autofill passwords are gone. I went to log in to a website , the password didn't fill in automatically, I checked under settings/autofill and there's nothing there. I restarted and still nothing. Can I retrieve the information somehow?...
  9. Autofill address Mail for Windows 10

Autofill address Mail for Windows 10: How does one delete an address from the autofill pop up from Mail for Windows 10 Version 16005.12430.20136.0. I have researched this problem for hours and have not found a solution. Many sites have suggested to start typing the name in the To: box and when the addresses...
  10. Autofill email addresses in Windows 10 Mail

Autofill email addresses in Windows 10 Mail: I would like to delete permanently, some of my autofill email addresses that pop up whilst I'm typing the first few letters in the 'TO' field in the Windows 10 Mail App on my laptop. NB Some instructions have told me to click the 'X' beside the address you want to delete...