Windows 10: Autohide windows notification area

Discus and support Autohide windows notification area in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, my computer is always showing all my icons in the notifications area. I had previously set it so it would hide but I think something changed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shmish, Feb 10, 2021.

1. shmish Win User

Autohide windows notification area

Hello, my computer is always showing all my icons in the notifications area. I had previously set it so it would hide but I think something changed in an update. In gpedit.msc I have enabled "Hide the notification area".

In settings I have turned off "Always show all the icons in the notification area".

Autohide windows notification area [​IMG]

What I have on my taskbar:

What I want:

Windows 10 version 2004 (build 19041.746)

thanks!

:)

shmish, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Hans L Win User

Startup and Notification area

R]I ran this batch file, but it did not help (which I understand, because Task Manager > Processes does NOT show WinDates).

I am back to the conclusion that Win 10 can run WinDates manually, but not automatically at startup (via link). If I double-click on the link C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\WinDates.lnk, WinDates opens fine.

My next step will be to run a scan of system files to see if something is corrupt. However, any other suggestions are welcome.

Hans L, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Dan_on_MS Win User
    Can you please change notifications and autohide taskbar behavior?

This behaviour is killing the entire reason for taskbar auto-hide. When trying to work on something in a group with maximum screen area and ability to efficiently switch between multiple applications in a Teams conversation, the Teams notifications brings
    the taskbar onto the screen constantly and there is then no point in trying to autohide. I understand that this is by design in Windows 10 (Stop taskbar from not autohiding when receiving notifications)
    however is is a step backward as other OS including previous versions of Windows do not suffer from this design limitation.

Dan_on_MS, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Autohide windows notification area

notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Autohide windows notification area

1. Autohide windows notification area - Similar Threads - Autohide notification area

2. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  3. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  4. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar in Autohide mode - notification area not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar in Autohide mode - notification area not showing: Hi there,I've the taskbar set up in autohide. It works.The area on the right hand side though, it doesn't show up at all, that is the corner overflow icons, the clock and date... there is nothing there. If I turn the autohide off, the area magically appears again. If I then...
  6. Taskbar in Autohide mode - notification area not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar in Autohide mode - notification area not showing: Hi there,I've the taskbar set up in autohide. It works.The area on the right hand side though, it doesn't show up at all, that is the corner overflow icons, the clock and date... there is nothing there. If I turn the autohide off, the area magically appears again. If I then...
  7. notification area not working

notification area not working: my action center, sound option, battery option, calendar option, wifi option which are on the right corner of thetaskbar are not opening even after clicking millions of times...
  8. notification area.

notification area.: Hi, I was wondering if it were possible too view my notifications on the left side of my screen as my task bar in down my left side. Any help would be welcomed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/26b98150-31c3-4808-b6d4-0cfc5d03f53d
  9. Notification area inconsistencies

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area inconsistencies: Hello: My Notification area shows four application icons, and there is no problems with them. When I click the ^ icon, I see 13 icons, all of which I have identified. No problem there either. Then, I right-click on the task bar, and click Taskbar Settings > Taskbar >...
  10. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area: Hi, Having more icons showing in notification area bug are still there and will disrupt the layout of the notification area and show white scroll bars with arrows but in another way and this is random one and just blinking not standing. Any one else having this issue...