Windows 10: Autolaunch a program on startup?

Discus and support Autolaunch a program on startup? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I'm trying to get a program to autolaunch when I start the computer. Previously, I used Task Scheduler, but it does not seem to work. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Muyfa666, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Muyfa666 Win User

Autolaunch a program on startup?

Hi.

I'm trying to get a program to autolaunch when I start the computer.

Previously, I used Task Scheduler, but it does not seem to work. I suspect UAC is making this hard for me. I have it set to default.

How can I make a random program run at startup without issues?

:)

Muyfa666, Sep 7, 2015

2. Autolaunch External Drive - Windows 10

AT&T U-verse recommends having Windows 10 autolaunch external drives. Nothing in Win 10's help files says this can or should be done. Is there a method for doing so - or is it NOT recommended?

*jeep! and God Bless!

---Grandpa Chet

Grandpa_Chet, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 File system error [1058340861]

I also get the error message 1058340861
    when I put a Video DVD in

These used to autolaunch (with Media Player) but Windows Control Panel now says it should have a new app

Nicholas T Smith, Sep 7, 2015
  4. Autolaunch a program on startup?

Hi and Welcome to TenForums,

I usually just put a short cut to the program i want to start in one of the following folders:

Current User - %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    All Users - %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Regards,
    Jamie

JDobbsy1987, Sep 7, 2015
  5. Muyfa666 Win User
    That's how I used to do it. It does not seem to work anymore if UAC is enabled.

Muyfa666, Sep 7, 2015
  6. Muyfa666 Win User
    It does actually seem to work now. Weird. Thanks alot thou. Autolaunch a program on startup? :)

Muyfa666, Sep 8, 2015
  7. SoxmisUK Win User
    Won't something like this run in the Task Scheduler? I have all my old start folder programs in there now..

SoxmisUK, Sep 9, 2015
  8. XweAponX Win User

Disable it (UAC) maybe, it's the most irritating feature of any OS ever made save for Apple's iCloud Lockout. You can also create a Task that starts a program at Boot or Login, using Task Scheduler.

XweAponX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Autolaunch a program on startup? - Similar Threads - Autolaunch program startup

2. startup program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    startup program: Hello, How can I set chrome as my startup browser. It used to be under task manager under process and startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-program/2c04d635-5ff5-4273-b893-bf60a36cd991
  3. startup program

in Windows 10 Customization
    startup program: Hello, How can I set chrome as my startup browser. It used to be under task manager under process and startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-program/2c04d635-5ff5-4273-b893-bf60a36cd991
  4. startup program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Startup programs

Startup programs: Can i disable windows security notification and GrooveMonitorUtility in startup programs from task manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-programs/ad477c2f-7210-4b81-8938-279260ea4389
  6. Startup Program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Startup Program: I'd like to know what's this startup program if its a virus, I cant even open it's location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/startup-program/28b9ac5d-b1d0-4ed4-bbae-c65a93aaead1
  7. Startup programs

Startup programs: Hi, I disabled google AVG chrome from starting with windows but it starts anyways and when it starts It leads me to strange sites, I've got feeling that I've got virus in my computer. Is there way to fix it?...
  8. Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup Programs: Hello! I have 2 questions about startup programs. Firstly, which of these programs can I disable from the Task Manager Startup Tab: -Windows Security notification icon SecurityHealthSystray.exe; -Realtek HD Audio Manager RtkNGUI64.exe; -Delayed launcher...
  9. startup programs

startup programs: friends, i'm looking in my norton security at my startup items and find three listings of windows command processor for the same drive 'c'.. and i can't stop any of them... why three? and i don't think i really need them in my startup menu to begin with; i rarely use cmd...
  10. Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup Programs: Hello Microsoft Community, How can I prevent certain programs from starting when Windows starts? Will startup programs slow my computer down? And is there a way to modify the program so it will not start up when Windows starts up during the installation process? Any help...