Windows 10: Autologon never works on Windows 10 1709

Discus and support Autologon never works on Windows 10 1709 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, Its been a while we trying to resolve an issue with Autologon on Windows 10. We set registry values as recommended by MS to get Autologon done... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Sukesh Chandran (CIS), Feb 11, 2019.

1. Autologon never works on Windows 10 1709

Hi,

Its been a while we trying to resolve an issue with Autologon on Windows 10.

We set registry values as recommended by MS to get Autologon done for domain user. Issue is after a reboot of machine autoadminlogon reaches to value 0 and never login . Also default password value disappears. There are n number of articles exists in net but no suitable soulution yet. Can some one help?

:)

Sukesh Chandran (CIS), Feb 11, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Feb 11, 2019
  3. AutoLogon not working in domain environment

I have a strange problem with AutoLogon in our domain environment:

we have several machines that are configured for autologon, where the registry entries DefaultUsername, DefaultPassword, DefaultDomainName are all verified as having the correct data, and AutoAdminLogon is set to a value of '1'....

...but the machine does not autologon to that account, but instead shows the LOCK SCREEN for the account, and it is asking for email address instead of username, like it is not in a domain environment.

This occurs whether we run the Autologon.exe application, or manually configure the registry.

My guess is there is something else amiss, like a security setting, because everything I am reading says autologon itself is configured properly.

Has anyone experienced this? Do you know where I should start looking?

----------------------------------------------
    Windows 10 Enterprise, build 1709

jrothstein, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Autologon never works on Windows 10 1709

AutoLogon is disabled after feature pack install

After windows 10 feature pack 1709 is applied, AutoLogon is disabled. This is happening going from 1607 to 1709 on all machines using Autologon. Is this a function of all feature packs? Is there a way of re-enabling without manually touching all our machines?
    We can manually re-enable it using the same Autologon file that's still on the machine. We use the Sysinternals Autologon.

Moved from:
    Windows 10
    /Windows settings

JohnOtero1, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Autologon never works on Windows 10 1709

1. Autologon never works on Windows 10 1709 - Similar Threads - Autologon never works

2. Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally: Hello!Day by day in our company we have problem with random cases when autologon stops working. Below u can find my analysis, please if u had some similar cases or u know the cause of this issue please help me. Hostname: x domain objectUser: y domain objectDomain:...
  3. Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally: Hello!Day by day in our company we have problem with random cases when autologon stops working. Below u can find my analysis, please if u had some similar cases or u know the cause of this issue please help me. Hostname: x domain objectUser: y domain objectDomain:...
  4. WIndows 10 Autologon

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WIndows 10 Autologon: We configure our computers to use autologon with the Autologon tool to engrypt the passwords. The auto log work normally on restart. If the computer shuts down due to power issue the computer stops at log on prompt. If you select restart from this screen the autologon...
  5. Windows 10 autologon isn't working on PCs with wireless adapter

Windows 10 autologon isn't working on PCs with wireless adapter: I need some workstations to automatically log on a specific domain account when they boot, as they're supposed to work like kiosks and aren't linked to any person. We used to set the autologon by registry editing on Windows 7, but now at Windows 10 it doesn't work anymore in...
  6. Windows 10 Autologon İssue

Windows 10 Autologon İssue: Hello, I've problem with autologon. I have set all the features of Regedit to Autologon. All settings are okay. But when i restart computer, it shows the user name i entered but there are 2 boxes under that username. 1. of asks Enter your e-mail adress or phone number, 2....
  7. Autologon

Autologon: How to make autologon work in Windows 10 (I have version 1903) with a Microsoft account? Is it even possible? I can make it work with a local account, but not with an MS account....
  8. Windows 10 autologon failing repeatedly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 autologon failing repeatedly: Using Windows 10; for years have had autologon set (via netplwiz) and working properly to log me into MS account at boot on my personal machine. Occasionally following an update, the autologon would not work, though settings appear not to have changed. No error messages;...
  9. Windows Never Updates. Always Reverts Back to 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Never Updates. Always Reverts Back to 1709: Hello I've been having a really hard time with Windows updates. It seems my computer has been on 1709 for the longest time and it won't update to 1803 or 1809. I keep getting updates for 1709 and they are working but I always have popups and interruptions for 1803 and 1809...
  10. AutoLogon not working in domain environment

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    AutoLogon not working in domain environment: I have a strange problem with AutoLogon in our domain environment: we have several machines that are configured for autologon, where the registry entries DefaultUsername, DefaultPassword, DefaultDomainName are all verified as having the correct data, and AutoAdminLogon is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unattend autologon does not work

2. windows 1709 unattend autologon

3. autologon.exe with 1809

4. sysinternals autologon not working windows 10,
  5. windows 10 sysinternals autologon domain,
  6. Windows 10 1709 Autologon,
  7. autologon does not work on windows10