Windows 10: Automate daily Backup for Specific Folder to my local drive and network drive

Discus and support Automate daily Backup for Specific Folder to my local drive and network drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, How can I Automate daily Backup for Specific Folder to my local drive and network drive by using windows built-in features?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ssdusd, Apr 16, 2021.

1. ssdusd Win User

Automate daily Backup for Specific Folder to my local drive and network drive

Hi,

How can I Automate daily Backup for Specific Folder to my local drive and network drive by using windows built-in features?

:)

ssdusd, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Decaf Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

anyone know how to, or a program that will automatically backup my laptop (windows 8) onto my buffalo hard drive that is connected through my wireless network?

the hard drive is wired directly into the network, and can be accessed from any computer on the network.

Decaf, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Automate daily Backup for Specific Folder to my local drive and network drive

Can't backup one drive folder with Backup & Restore

It seems that after the most recent Microsoft update to OneDrive, my previously working daily backup using "Backup & Restore (Windows 7)" in Windows 10 has stopped working. I have a separate internal hard drive specifically for my OneDrive folder. I noticed
    my backup was not working properly so I went into the settings and found that the listings under this separate hard drive contained no "OneDrive" folder. OneDrive seems to be working properly in every other way, I just can't run a "Backup & Store" backup job
    including my OneDrive folder because it does not appear. I've tried other backup programs and they see the folder just fine but I would like to use my Windows backup because I still like it the best.

P.S. I am NOT talking about Windows 10 file history. I DO NOT want to use this backup.

Moved from: [OneDrive / Working with files and folders on OneDrive / Editing and viewing files and folders / OneDrive in Windows 10]

Bryan Carlton, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Automate daily Backup for Specific Folder to my local drive and network drive

1. Automate daily Backup for Specific Folder to my local drive and network drive - Similar Threads - Automate daily Backup

2. Installing w10 to specific folder or drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing w10 to specific folder or drive: I want to separate my games to my os. I want to put all my game at my sd drive and the files and windows 10 on the hdd. Is it possible to move the files or install office on specific place?Thanks in advance....
  3. Installing w10 to specific folder or drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing w10 to specific folder or drive: I want to separate my games to my os. I want to put all my game at my sd drive and the files and windows 10 on the hdd. Is it possible to move the files or install office on specific place?Thanks in advance....
  4. Local USB Backup Drive moved to Network Drive ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Local USB Backup Drive moved to Network Drive ?: Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 I have a 4TB USB drive I'm currently using for Windows File Backup. I want to move this to a NAS Drive configuration using a Raspberry Pi using this tutorial: How to Turn a Raspberry Pi into a Low-Power Network Storage Device...
  5. Adding PC to Network without adding a specific folder/drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding PC to Network without adding a specific folder/drive?: Is it possible to have a shortcut show up in Network windows 10 latest update as of 6/14/2020 like in older builds where I can click into it and have access to that pc's shared drives? I know how to setup a network drive, but can't figure out how in this newest build to link...
  6. Cannot access one specific folder on network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access one specific folder on network drive: Thanks in advance for any help! I have an external drive Buffalo Model: HD-LXU3 hooked up to my Netgear R9000 router. On the drive I have about 7 folders. I shared these folders through the router software. I am able to access all the folders except 1 I have tried...
  7. Thumbnails not showing on network drive but on local drives.

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not showing on network drive but on local drives.: Hello, I have a strange problem. I just finished my new rig and installed win 10 pro. I also have the latest version and all the updates. When I go to my NAS the explorer doesn't show thumbnails anymore(gif,png,jpg etc.). On my local drives, they are showing. I already...
  8. Unknown local drive after a backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown local drive after a backup: Hi, I have an external drive of 1tb L: that I use to store all of my pictures on. I have another external drive of 3tb K: that is designated for backups of the internal drives but I also wanted to backup the smaller drive and store the backup on the larger drive. I sat...
  9. backup to a network drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to a network drive: How to setup automatic backups to a network drive? From my laptop running Win 10 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-to-a-network-drive/1d5dbd64-d939-4b84-bb3b-b80505d0406f
  10. Trying to set a backup to my local network drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to set a backup to my local network drive: It won't let me do so as I don't have a password set up on my network? Why is this? My network doesn't insist on a password, I don't want or need to set a password, so why should Windows 10 back up?...