Windows 10: Automate OneDrive 'User Login' Sign-in Process via Powershell

Discus and support Automate OneDrive 'User Login' Sign-in Process via Powershell in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, At the moment, when a user logs into a computer for the first time, OneDrive is running in the background as a process but doesn't appear in the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by dbreet, Jan 30, 2020.

1. dbreet Win User

Automate OneDrive 'User Login' Sign-in Process via Powershell

Hi,

At the moment, when a user logs into a computer for the first time, OneDrive is running in the background as a process but doesn't appear in the foreground. When the 'grey cloud' icon in the system tray is clicked, the user is prompted to enter their email address to link to Office365, their password is automatically picked up, then the usual 'click-next' prompts are shown, finally presenting the OneDrive folder within Windows Explorer.

I'd like for this process to be automated via Powershell, so that their email address is filled in through a look up of AD using their domain/username details for reference, as well as bypassing the 'click-next' screens.

Is this possible to do? Has anyone given it a try already?

Thanks.

:)

dbreet, Jan 30, 2020
  2. Suman_B Win User

signing into onedrive

Hi JoelDavial,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to sign in to OneDrive on your Surface Pro. We do have a dedicated team, which supports issue related to OneDrive. Meanwhile you can try the following steps and check if that helps.

I would suggest you to check if you are able to login to
    OneDrive
    website. If you are able to login to the website, then please try downloading the
    latest version of OneDrive
    and check if that helps.

However, if the issue persist I would suggest you to contact OneDrive support team. You can follow the steps below to contact the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the '?' help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Unable To Login To OneDrive On Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to login to Sign in to your Microsoft account with your Microsoft Account, which you are using to login
    to OneDrive and check if you are able to login to Sign in to your Microsoft account.

If you are unable to login to Sign in to your Microsoft account, then follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account and check if this helps.

If you are able to login to Sign in to your Microsoft account, then the issue might be with your OneDrive Account,
    so try the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:
    OneDrive Cached Credential.

1. Exit OneDrive > Go to Control Panel >
      User Accounts > Credential Manager.
    2. Click on Windows Credentials on the right > Choose the down arrow to the right of
      OneDrive Cached Credential > Click on Edit > Enter your
      Microsoft Account (OneDrive) username and password.
    3. Then, go to Start Menu and launch OneDrive and try to login and check if this helps.

Method 2:
    Resetting OneDrive.

• Press Win + R keys to launch Run menu >
      Copy/paste the following command in the Run menu and hit
      Enter.

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Wait for a minute or so > The OneDrive icon will reappear in the notification area > If it does not appear then open
      Win + R to launch Run menu again > Copy/paste the following command in the Run menu and hit
      Enter.

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe
    • OneDrive icon will reappear in the notification, so try logging in to OneDrive and check if the issue persists.

If the issue still persists, then I suggest you to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance by following the below steps:

Login to OneDrive > Click the
    ? Help icon on the top banner of the page > Select
    Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Automate OneDrive 'User Login' Sign-in Process via Powershell

How to make Windows 10 login Screen display users that are signed in

1. Press the Windows logo key + R simultaneously to open the Run box. Type cmd and press Enter.
    2. When the Command Prompt window opens, type query user and press Enter. It will list all users that are currently logged on your computer.

RainbowPride, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Automate OneDrive 'User Login' Sign-in Process via Powershell

1. Automate OneDrive 'User Login' Sign-in Process via Powershell - Similar Threads - Automate OneDrive 'User

2. Automated check on running process

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automated check on running process: Hi all I have a query related to automating a process within Windows 10. For background, I have several headless machines in what I call my "data dungeon" (it's dark and cold), which I use to run a Python script that scrapes information (publicly available, nothing dodgy -...
  3. Install a certificate for remote desktop via powershell or any tool I can automate by...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Install a certificate for remote desktop via powershell or any tool I can automate by...: I have been trying for 3 years now to automate this stupid process, but I can't find info anywhere and can't get replies to pleas for help. For the love of god help me please..... : Here's what I have so far powershell running on windows 10 pro. #Remove Old Cert...
  4. Automation Ideas and PowerShell Scripts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automation Ideas and PowerShell Scripts: I want few automation ideas related to DFS and Active Directory Certificate Services. Please provide few automation ideas and how they can be done using PowerShell scripts. Thank you....
  5. How can I choose an other network adapter setting on user login, automated from Powershell?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I choose an other network adapter setting on user login, automated from Powershell?: Edition to show this is a question. Hi all, We share a Windows 10 computer, my wife and I, with each our own account. I have a VPN installed but my wife doesn't need it and she doesn't want to be left with my choice of country. And some native streaming apps change...
  6. Change Network on User Login with Powershell.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Network on User Login with Powershell.: Hi all, We share a Windows 10 computer, my wife and I, with each our own account. I have a VPN installed but my wife doesn't need it and she doesn't want to be left with my choice of country. And some native streaming apps change behavior when not at home. Depending on...
  7. OneDrive configuration via PowerShell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive configuration via PowerShell: Hi, after first launch and configuration of Win10, the last part which is not done automatically in my Script is OneDrive configuration. Is it possible to somehow run OneDrive from PS and then let it configure itself with already registered credentials for...
  8. Automate LOGIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Automate LOGIN: Is there a way to automate a LOGIN? I often need to login to a large number of pcs. I was wandering if there is a way to do it automatically by connecting an usb. Thanks 99320
  9. Automating Password sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Automating Password sign in: Using the "Netplwiz" in the Run box, I was able to automate the sign in password upon initially booting up my machine. When I first start up my machine, it immediately goes to my desktop without asking for the password. So far, so good. But when I put the computer to sleep...
  10. Running Powershell for login of users

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Powershell for login of users: I'd like to place a batch file in task scheduler and run simple uninstalling of the live tiles on windows. I have ran these separately but it would be perfect for anyone who logs into our domain on the pc would get these icons removed as well. Possible even run this in...