Windows 10: Automate post-installation tasks

Discus and support Automate post-installation tasks in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For context I work in a computer shop and we do a lot of installations manually and this takes a lot of time, I already looked into creating a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_Malinki, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Automate post-installation tasks

For context I work in a computer shop and we do a lot of installations manually and this takes a lot of time, I already looked into creating a unattended install and now I'm searching for a way to turn off some settings like the window transparency and the background apps automatically, I guess this is probably can be done with power-shell, but I have no idea how to do it.

submitted by /u/_Malinki
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_Malinki, Feb 10, 2021
  2. x509 Win User

Automating installation rename optical and SSD/HDD during post install

Wow. A script that automates every aspect of the post-install process. *Thumbs Any chance that you could be persuaded to post this script, and explain how you built it up.

3. Automating installation rename optical and SSD/HDD during post install

This is super simple.

• I remove/disconnect all drives that is not for the boot drive.
    • I install Windows, reconnect all drive and power up
    • I go into computer management and change letters of drives to be what I want them to be.
    • I then run a huge script that customizes windows settings, installs programs and does a million other things. This script expects specific drives to be in place because the script does several restores. I ALWAYS do clean installs, never in place upgrades.

All I want to do is change those drive letters from a command line or powershell script I can call from or include in my script. And that most certainly has everything to do with automation.

At that point I can then use set up complete or autounattend.xml and then there is ZERO manual intervention in the installation process. This turns a 6 hour job into a 5 minute automated process.

My script automates every aspect of the post installation process of Windows (OOBE and beyond), installation of games and programs, Group Policy settings, registry tweaks, scheduled tasks etc. The only reason it's not totally unattended (or "Automated" as I call it), is because I have to manually intervene to change drive letters.

Wobitancrawfodi, Feb 10, 2021
  4. kulamani Win User

Automate post-installation tasks

How Automate installation of IPFW+DummyNET Driver using comman/ script

I want to install a NDIS network adapter in windows-7 machine using program/script or any command.

I need to automate these steps:

Pull up the properties for the NetworkAdapter that is used to access the Internet
    Click"Install"
    Select"Service" and click "Add"
    Click"Have Disk" and "brows"
    Select the myDriver.inf service (and click through any warnings about the driver being unsigned)
    I follows this process mentioned here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...ing-powershell using power-shell command list. But those commands only compatible with window-8 or better.

How can i achieve this task in windows-7 64bit. Also tried using PnPUtile.exe, no result.

kulamani, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Automate post-installation tasks

1. Automate post-installation tasks - Similar Threads - Automate post installation

2. Task Automation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Automation: HiI need to automate a number of tasks:1. I have a program that I use for stocks. It allows me to save data as a CSV. I need to automate the running of this program so it copies the data to a local folder.2. I have a data provider that provides data via SFTP. I need to...
  3. Task Automation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Automation: HiI need to automate a number of tasks:1. I have a program that I use for stocks. It allows me to save data as a CSV. I need to automate the running of this program so it copies the data to a local folder.2. I have a data provider that provides data via SFTP. I need to...
  4. Task Automation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Automate Tasks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automate Tasks: Hey, bit of a long shot but always worth a try. Pretty much I'm needing some software to automate repetitive tasks on a locked down work PC that can't have software installed. I'm assuming if it was possible the device or software would have to pretend it's a mouse or...
  6. App to automate Windows tasks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    App to automate Windows tasks: Hi, can someone please recommend software for the automation of some Windows tasks? As example, open an app in Windows Explorer, click on a button, switch windows within the app, place check in option box, or remove said check, etc. Since I'm not really familiar with the...
  7. How would I automate this task?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How would I automate this task?: I'm using a program called 4K Stogram, which lets you download Instagram posts. Bulk downloads get you banned, so I've been downloading each account manually by hitting the refresh icon next to each profile name and stopping after a certain number of requests (see below for a...
  8. Automating installation rename optical and SSD/HDD during post install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automating installation rename optical and SSD/HDD during post install: Does anyone know of a way to rename drives in a system via powershell, registry or commands (eg DISM, WMIC, etc).. NOTE: Powershell's get-disk does not appear to detect optical drives. I have 10 PCs. They have a varying number of drives. All have at least one optical, all...
  9. Is it possible to automate a sequence of task in windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to automate a sequence of task in windows?: We all regularly use window. Being a coder sometime we feel that we are repeating a set of task in windows everyday. Do windows provide us any way to achieve the same? For example After logging in I would like to go a folder Click a batch file in that folder Delete a...
  10. Automation of tasks in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automation of tasks in Windows: Hi Guys, There is a specific task that I would like to automate on a laptop with Windows 10: The situation is as follows: .zip file is downloaded to folder Download. Now I want the following to happen automatically: 1. Extract the .zip file to folder Extracted 2....