Windows 10: Automate system integrity

Discus and support Automate system integrity in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The attached script schedules a weekly /RestoreHealth and /scannow execution to maintain file integrity. It runs silently and will only prompt if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Superfly, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Superfly Win User

Automate system integrity

The attached script schedules a weekly /RestoreHealth and /scannow execution to maintain file integrity.
    It runs silently and will only prompt if unable to complete either scan or corrupted files are found.

On first run it creates the task to run weekly.

Automate system integrity [​IMG]

If an Install.wim file is in the same directory, it will use that to repair files offline, otherwise it will use the WU service.
    It also creates a log file and appends the results of each run of the component check.
    - I have it in the RecoveryImage folder where my Install.wim resides..

Automate system integrity [​IMG]

RestoreHealth.vbs (Minimized windows version)

RestoreHealth.vbs (Silent version)

:)

Superfly, Apr 4, 2015
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 4, 2015
  3. ESENT Events 454 and 517...

Method 1:
    Run this automated troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved.

This automated troubleshooter repairs Windows Search when it is not started or doesn’t work as expected.

Fix Windows Desktop Search when it crashes or not showing results

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_search?wa=wsignin1.0

Method 2: Run System File Checker (SFC) scan and check if the issue is resolved.

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. When the scan is complete, the System File Checker tool indicates whether
    integrity violations were found. If integrity violations are found, the System File Checker tool lets you fix the integrity violations.

Follow these steps to run SFC scan:

a.
    Click on the Start button and type
    Command Prompt on the Search Field.

b.
    Click/tap on Command Prompt (Admin).

c.
    In the elevated command prompt, type sfc /scannow and press
    Enter.

Smittychat., Apr 4, 2015
Thema:

Automate system integrity

1. Automate system integrity - Similar Threads - Automate system integrity

2. Task Automation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Automation: HiI need to automate a number of tasks:1. I have a program that I use for stocks. It allows me to save data as a CSV. I need to automate the running of this program so it copies the data to a local folder.2. I have a data provider that provides data via SFTP. I need to...
  3. Task Automation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Automation: HiI need to automate a number of tasks:1. I have a program that I use for stocks. It allows me to save data as a CSV. I need to automate the running of this program so it copies the data to a local folder.2. I have a data provider that provides data via SFTP. I need to...
  4. Need for Automated System File Checker?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need for Automated System File Checker?: How many Windows 10 systems have problems because of underlying system file problems. I guess that a lot of Patch Tuesday issues are due to system problems which users are unaware of. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to design a process which is constantly on the lookout for...
  5. Need for Automated System File Checker?

in Windows 10 Support
    Need for Automated System File Checker?: How many Windows 10 systems have problems because of underlying system file problems. I guess that a lot of Patch Tuesday issues are due to system problems which users are unaware of. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to design a process which is constantly on the lookout for...
  6. System integrated webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System integrated webcam: i have a ASUS TUF F17 laptop, my camera was not working properly, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, after I uninstalled and scanned for hardware changes, the driver didn't get install again, I tried restarting but it didn't help, I tried some third party websites to...
  7. Advanced automation

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced automation: Hopefully someone can help me with a task I have. I have about 70 URLs and on each page is a Vimeo video. For me to get a downloadable link to the Vimeo video I have to go into developer tools and get the direct download link to the Vimeo video so I can save it to my...
  8. Automated Restarts..?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automated Restarts..?: What Microsoft employee is responsible for Windows update policies? Please provide a direct telephone number to the correct Microsoft executive so I can tell them to F#@K OFF for withholding my control over restarting my personal computer. There must be a single...
  9. Windows Defender log only on Industrial Automation System

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender log only on Industrial Automation System: On an Industrial Automation System running Windows 10 IoT LTSB 2016 I want to use Windows Defender. Because the machines these systems control can be operational 24/7 I do not want uncontrolled file deletion or have them quarantined. This way I want to prevent the machine...
  10. Automate LOGIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Automate LOGIN: Is there a way to automate a LOGIN? I often need to login to a large number of pcs. I was wandering if there is a way to do it automatically by connecting an usb. Thanks 99320