Windows 10: Automate transferring of pictures and videos from memory card

Discus and support Automate transferring of pictures and videos from memory card in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to automatically move the files from these paths every time a drive is connected (it's an SD memory card in a USB card reader)? There's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THX1138, Jun 3, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Automate transferring of pictures and videos from memory card

Is there a way to automatically move the files from these paths every time a drive is connected (it's an SD memory card in a USB card reader)? There's a specific folder I'd like to automatically move them too on my HDD. I'm not sure that the drive letter (J) stays the same though.

J:\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM

J:\DCIM

:)

THX1138, Jun 3, 2017
  2. balajiav Win User

Music, Videos and Photos are not being recognized by Lumia 535.

I bought a new sandisk 16Gb class 10 memory card and transferred all my music, videos and pictures to the new memory card from my old memory card and inserted it in my Lumia 535, but non of transferred files are being detected by the phone. The files are
    visible on files app but the music app is not detecting it, even the storage sense option is not detecting music, photos and videos in the memory card.

Please help me regarding this ASAP!

balajiav, Jun 3, 2017
  3. is it possible to copy or move musics,video,pictures from phone mem to memory card and vice versa?

In lumia series,is it possible to copy or move mucis,videos,pictures from internal memory toh memory card in the device itself.I'm not talking about the transfer via PC

sidd913---01, Jun 3, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

See if running this command helps a little *Smile
    Code: Copy-Item "J:\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM" -Destination "J:\DCIM" -Recurse[/quote]

axe0, Jun 3, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Automatically... there used to be a way to do this with editions of Windows to Win 7, using Autorun.inf files. However I believe that to have been removed for security reasons. E.g.

"Windows 8 does not have a autorun on usb for security reasons. But there is a workaround in this article. You need to separate the usb into two partitions, and make Windows believe one is a CDROM. This will bypass the security on windows."

Otherwise I suppose you could write a script which detects the insertion of your device, then takes the appropriate action.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Automate transferring of pictures and videos from memory card - Similar Threads - Automate transferring pictures

2. Problems with importing photos from a memory card using the Pictures App.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with importing photos from a memory card using the Pictures App.: hello, I am having trouble importing photos from a memory card that is placed in the PC slot. I will click on the photos I want to import and it will start to import then more times than not it will stop importing and an error message will appear and it will say "something...
  3. Transfer pictures from iPhone

Transfer pictures from iPhone: My Photo Gallery is not displaying any photos past July 2020. Normally, they transfer automatically from my IPhone. How can I fix this? ***original title: Photo Gallery***...
  4. Transferring pictures from phone

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring pictures from phone: I have an early model Google Pixel that has photos on it yet when I plug the phone into the computer via USB cable and go to This PC and click on Pixel it says no data found on this device . Anyone know how one can transfer pictures from the phone to the desktop computer...
  5. Transferring pictures from Windows Photos

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Transferring pictures from Windows Photos: I have over 37,000 pictures on my laptop and I need to know how do I transfer these pictures from my laptop to an external hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-pictures-from-windows-photos/b99c9924-d1eb-4c44-908c-426c16646c58
  6. how do it determine what app downloads pictures from a memory card?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do it determine what app downloads pictures from a memory card?: how do I change the default for what downloads pictures from a memory card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-it-determine-what-app-downloads-pictures/ca6488b1-d59f-4836-8abb-fd6aa95e92ff"
  7. transferring pictures & videos from my PC to my iPhone 7

transferring pictures & videos from my PC to my iPhone 7: I successfully uploaded my pics & videos from my old iPhone to my PC. My icloud was too full to do this. I'm having a problem with transferring them to my new iPhone 7...
  8. how to transfer pictures from memory card to computer windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to transfer pictures from memory card to computer windows 10: how to transfer pictures from memory card to computer windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-pictures-from-memory-card-to/4aaf129d-4e6a-4380-8690-4d454bec0d0b"
  9. "Import pictures and videos using Windows" option missing from autoplay for memory cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Import pictures and videos using Windows" option missing from autoplay for memory cards: I cannot figure out a way to add "Import pictures and videos using Windows" as an option in autoplay for memory cards or cameras on a new Windows 10 computer....
  10. Video AVC format not appearing on memory card

Video AVC format not appearing on memory card: I've a Sony Cybershot video camera which downloads as an AVC format however whilst it plays back on the camera ok it doesn't appear on the memory card for download, only appearing on Sony's "Play Memories Home" player which is clumsy and cumbersome. Appreciate any...