Windows 10: Automated check on running process

Discus and support Automated check on running process in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all I have a query related to automating a process within Windows 10. For background, I have several headless machines in what I call my "data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/morocco3001, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Automated check on running process

Hi all

I have a query related to automating a process within Windows 10. For background, I have several headless machines in what I call my "data dungeon" (it's dark and cold), which I use to run a Python script that scrapes information (publicly available, nothing dodgy - i.e. contact details, do they have a shopping cart, etc) from websites, and store them in a MySQL database. I'd like to stop here and be fully open that I don't understand how either of these platforms work, and didn't build either the script or the database - it just does what I want it to do, and I don't know how it does it.

This script is brilliant, apart from one thing - it randomly stops after an unspecificied period of time, and I have to use remote desktop to log into each machine individually twice a day to check they're still running / restart the script. This can take an hour each time I do it, not only that, but it slows down the completion of the script - I think it would take at most 24 hours to run through to completion, however those 24 hours are often spread across several working days. It could be stopping again 10 minutes after I restart it, for all I know.

The dev who built this script set it to run via a .BAT file - I double click it, it opens a CMD window, it runs (until it doesn't) which is the extent of my input. So - I was wondering if possible, and how, I could go about setting a scheduled check to run on each machine to see if the Python process was running, if YES > do nothing, if NO > run the RUN.BAT file, and have this check run on the hour, every hour? The CMD window is automatically closed when the script is not running, which is how I can tell immediately that it's stopped. Happy to use any tools in Windows to achieve this, or install 3rd-party apps as necessary, and I'm good at following instructions, so just point me in the direction of a guide!

TIA

submitted by /u/morocco3001
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/morocco3001, Feb 26, 2021

2. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 26, 2021
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 26, 2021
  4. outrunner Win User

Automated check on running process

X800GTO2 AUTOMATED FLASH UTILITY Via DVD\CD... Very easy Automated check on running process :)

I had a reply from a mate just now, he has a card that I can borrow, so I shall collect it tonight and re-flash the card. I should just need to do the following to recover the BIOS with your automated process correct?

step 1, install a pci graphics card,

step 2, boot from DVD\CD

step 3, select option 2 from the boot menu

Step 4 Reboot and Retry the flash.

Then I should be able to reflash it again

outrunner, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Automated check on running process

1. Automated check on running process - Similar Threads - Automated check running

2. Automated starting of processes in a sequence post Azure windows server reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automated starting of processes in a sequence post Azure windows server reboot.: Hi experts,Good day!!We have an Azure VM running windows 2016 OS Which runs a specific BigHand Application. It has a pre-requisite that whenever the Machines fresh starts or reboots, the BigHand Services should start in a specific sequence or else the Services get stuck and...
  3. smartdrive service even if it set to automate stop running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    smartdrive service even if it set to automate stop running: Hello, , I am having a problem with a n externl USB key that I have tested on another PC and it is working properly. The USB contains software and certificates to allow me to digital sign documents. After reviewing the problem with the provider, a reknown one that provide...
  4. How to check if a process is running with admin rights in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to check if a process is running with admin rights in Windows 10: There are many processes for different programs that run with administrative rights or elevated privileges. While some processes need elevated privileges to run programs properly, other processes don’t need such privileges. If you want to check which processes are running...
  5. Background Processes Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background Processes Running: I bought my laptop recently and yesterday they installed Microsoft 365 and today is the first time I am using it and there are 91 background processes in my task manager. Why do I have 91 background processes running in Task Manager when I have only just booted up my...
  6. Automate OneDrive 'User Login' Sign-in Process via Powershell

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Automate OneDrive 'User Login' Sign-in Process via Powershell: Hi, At the moment, when a user logs into a computer for the first time, OneDrive is running in the background as a process but doesn't appear in the foreground. When the 'grey cloud' icon in the system tray is clicked, the user is prompted to enter their email address to...
  7. game process not run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game process not run: When I run a game called Euro Truck Simulator 2, it does not happen after selecting Yes in the user account control window. This problem arose a week ago. I have another game with the same platform called american truck simulator running without any problems. All my games...
  8. Run Selenium Automation on Microsoft Tablet browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Selenium Automation on Microsoft Tablet browser: As a part of the Automation Test, I have to set up my test framework to run tests on Microsoft Tablet(real device), I am not sure how to connect my framework with the tablet device. please suggest me some reliable approaches. Selenium framework is written using C# and NUnit....
  9. How can I automate these reinstall processes with a bat file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I automate these reinstall processes with a bat file?: I really screwed up my computer and I'm having to do a fresh install and I want to automate the process for potential future issues, so I'm writing a bat file. I can reinstall most of my programs using chocolately etc. I know I can change a lot of the settings using the...
  10. Batch process to automate installing crap.

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch process to automate installing crap.: Where in the heck do I even start? I know for my steam stuff I have to reinstall the distro packs and stuff so I'd like to be able to install all the needed packs, then run a game exe for 30 seconds minimized and then end the game exe move to the next game,ect. 59105