Windows 10: Automated Install Disk Configuration

Discus and support Automated Install Disk Configuration in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I've been banging my head against the wall for a couple days and hoping for a little help. I'm trying to build a Windows 10 Pro Image. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NDoyle, Jan 9, 2019.

1. NDoyle Win User

Automated Install Disk Configuration

Hello,

I've been banging my head against the wall for a couple days and hoping for a little help. I'm trying to build a Windows 10 Pro Image. I've built a USB key with 2 partitions, 1 for booting and one for the images. The image is on the second partition that I'd like to assign letter u to and I'd like the boot partition to have letter t assigned. For some reason though I always get an error, Windows could not collect information for [OSImage] since the speified image file ... does not exist and when I hit Shift-F10 I see that the disk configuration was not done and that's why it can't find my file. Below is my disk configuration that was built with Windows System Image Manager. Does anyone see why it's not working?

-<DiskConfiguration>

<WillShowUI>OnError</WillShowUI>

-<Disk wcm:action="add">

-<CreatePartitions>

-<CreatePartition wcm:action="add">

<Order>1</Order>

<Size>500</Size>

<Type>Primary</Type>

</CreatePartition>

<Order>2</Order>

<Size>100</Size>

<Type>EFI</Type>

</CreatePartition>

<Order>3</Order>

<Size>16</Size>

<Type>MSR</Type>

</CreatePartition>

<Extend>true</Extend>

<Order>4</Order>

<Type>Primary</Type>

</CreatePartition>

</CreatePartitions>

-<ModifyPartitions>

-<ModifyPartition wcm:action="add">

<Format>NTFS</Format>

<Label>WinRE</Label>

<Order>1</Order>

<PartitionID>1</PartitionID>

<TypeID>DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC</TypeID>

</ModifyPartition>

<Format>FAT32</Format>

<Label>System</Label>

<Order>2</Order>

<PartitionID>2</PartitionID>

</ModifyPartition>

<Order>3</Order>

<PartitionID>3</PartitionID>

</ModifyPartition>

<Format>NTFS</Format>

<Label>Windows</Label>

<Letter>C</Letter>

<Order>4</Order>

<PartitionID>4</PartitionID>

</ModifyPartition>

</ModifyPartitions>

<DiskID>0</DiskID>

<WillWipeDisk>true</WillWipeDisk>

</Disk>

-<Disk wcm:action="add">

-<ModifyPartitions>

-<ModifyPartition wcm:action="modify">

<PartitionID>1</PartitionID>

<Letter>U</Letter>

<Order>5</Order>

</ModifyPartition>

-<ModifyPartition wcm:action="modify">

<Letter>V</Letter>

<Order>6</Order>

<PartitionID>2</PartitionID>

</ModifyPartition>

</ModifyPartitions>

<DiskID>1</DiskID>

<WillWipeDisk>false</WillWipeDisk>

</Disk>

</DiskConfiguration>

-<ImageInstall>

-<OSImage>

-<InstallTo>

<DiskID>0</DiskID>

<PartitionID>4</PartitionID>

</InstallTo>

-<InstallFrom>

<Path>v:\pcnT460driversonly-windowspartition.wim</Path>

</InstallFrom>

</OSImage>

</ImageInstall>

:)

NDoyle, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10  

Yes, skip Step Three entirely and you have normal option to partition disks and select on which disk Windows will be installed. Do Step Four, though, to automate OOBE.

Kari, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Jan 9, 2019
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Steam does not install from disk?!?!

no you're doing steps 1 and 2 wrong. steam creates the directory, you stop steam and then you install the game from the disk to that directory.

also steam must be off, not in offline mode but off, aka no steam services in the task manager when you install the game.

yogurt_21, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Automated Install Disk Configuration - Similar Threads - Automated Install Disk

2. Automating the desktop configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automating the desktop configuration: Before releasing a Windows 10 desktop or laptop to the final user a customer perform some manual activities, including: - assigning an IP address - replacing the default background - adding some icons to the desktop - adding some shortcuts to the desktop - setting some local...
  3. Automating the desktop configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automating the desktop configuration: Before releasing a Windows 10 desktop or laptop to the final user a customer perform some manual activities, including: - assigning an IP address - replacing the default background - adding some icons to the desktop - adding some shortcuts to the desktop - setting some local...
  4. Automating the desktop configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Automate diskpart for Clean Install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automate diskpart for Clean Install.: I want to FULLY Automate a Clean Install on Disk 0 [ the ONLY internal HDD ] with . . . [1] OS on C:\ >>> size=30720 - 30GB [2] Data on D:\ >>> size=51200 - 50GB [3] System_Image on S:\ >>> size=30720 - 30GB I want to use a Script to achive this which I will run after...
  6. Automate post-installation tasks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automate post-installation tasks: For context I work in a computer shop and we do a lot of installations manually and this takes a lot of time, I already looked into creating a unattended install and now I'm searching for a way to turn off some settings like the window transparency and the background apps...
  7. Automate Disk CleanUp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automate Disk CleanUp: How do I use Task Schedular to run Disk CleanUp daily? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automate-disk-cleanup/bfa9d3c2-fc3a-426d-a05c-4628dda1a434"
  8. Windows Malfunction after automated disk repair

Windows Malfunction after automated disk repair: Hello there! I was simply browsing in chrome one day and I suddenly got a message indicating that the system was experiencing disk errors, I proceeded to shut down and windows ran an automated disk repair tool which at the time seemed to do the trick! I've recently noticed...
  9. Multiboot USB with automated installer(s)

Multiboot USB with automated installer(s): Hi, I'm an IT student and I want to create a Multiboot USB drive with everything one may need when diagnosing and installing windows. So, I went ahead and downloaded the ISO-s, and merged them all into one big ISO file. BUT, I want for the installer to automatically...
  10. Automated Win10 Installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automated Win10 Installation?: I would like to get a bit automated when it comes to clean installing Win10. All I really need, is to ONLY automate the wiping of ALL partitions so it would just only show the Unallocated disk space like the one in my image. Thats all I need. Can anyone provide me with a...