Windows 10: Automated phone-line re-activation and related problem

Discus and support Automated phone-line re-activation and related problem in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm running Win10, 64-bit, v.1903 A few weeks ago I upgraded my PC's mobo and successfully went through the rigmarole to reactivate Windows via the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MartynAyers2905, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Automated phone-line re-activation and related problem

I'm running Win10, 64-bit, v.1903

A few weeks ago I upgraded my PC's mobo and successfully went through the rigmarole to reactivate Windows via the automated phoneline.

It turned out that the new mobo was defective so today I installed a replacement. When I went to re-activate Windows, I couldn't find a route through to the point where Windows gives you the phone number to call for the automated procedure. Instead the only option I was presented with was to log into my MS account, which I did.

I still couldn't fid the route to the automated line, so activated Windows using a spare Pro key I happened to have.

When I rebooted after that, I was delighted (not!) to find that the local account I normally use on the PC was no longer in the list of available log-ins and had been replaced by a log-in to my MS account. I absolutely do not want to use my MS account credentials on this PC, and equally I want to continue using my previous local account which, needless to say, is no longer listed either under Users in Control Panel not in the list in NetPLWiz.

So my questions are:

1. How to I reinstate my local account log-in? Fwiw, my new, unasked-for MS account login seems to be using the entry for my local account under C:\Users.

2. Has the option to re-activate Windows via the automated phone-line been removed, and if not, how **exactly** do I get directly to it, starting from the desktop?

:)

MartynAyers2905, Aug 10, 2019

2. Microsofts Activation services phone #?

So I had an old rig that was running a RETAIL version of Win XP Home. Well the thing died. I want to use the product key from that old machine to do a win 7 upgrade, however, I cannot seem to find Microsoft's support number anywhere on their site, instead it redirects me to a page and here's what it says:

Well guess freakin what, THE COMPUTER IS DEAD, THEREFORE I CAN NOT DO ANY OF THOSE DAMN THINGS!!!!!!! *Bang Head :banghead:

This is seriously getting on my nerves!

Even googling it takes me to the same place. Does anyone have the number for their "Activation services" department?

BlackOmega, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    activation problem

Hi,

I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Aug 10, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Automated phone-line re-activation and related problem

DOCSIS 3.0 modem with phone line?

I'm thinking about buying my own modem for a few reasons:

1. Upgrade to DOCSIS 3.0, the modem I have from them is 2.0
    2. Eliminate the monthly rental fee.

Time Warner has a official supported modem list on their site, but none of them have phone lines like my current modem does, and then there's this little tidbit: if you choose to purchase your own modem, you will need another device from them to use their phone service, as none of the modems on their list have phone lines (including the modem I am currently using, from them, that does have phone lines on it). It seems they are trying to get their monthly equipment fee regardless if you have their modem or your own.

Considering my modem isn't on their list and it has phone lines on it, and I don't have a second box from them for the phone, I'm thinking ANY modem should work, whether it's on their list or not.

So, I'm looking for a DOCSIS 3.0 modem that has phone lines on it, any recommendations? I don't mind if the modem is also a router, provided I have full control over it as I would with my current router.

Thema:

Automated phone-line re-activation and related problem

1. Automated phone-line re-activation and related problem - Similar Threads - Automated phone line

2. direct phone line

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    direct phone line: i need to speak to a live person https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct-phone-line/75f2c503-d36f-4403-8493-450b0a0dd4e5
  3. re-activating windows 10 problem

re-activating windows 10 problem: I've just changed my motherboard on my pc and thus windows 10 is not showing as being activated (was originally activated through usb key i got off amazon) however even the troubleshooting option to select 'i've changed my hardware' in the settings has led me to a dead end...
  4. Problems re-activating windows after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems re-activating windows after hardware change.: I've changed motherboard, CPU etc and can't seem to reactivate windows. It works and updates as normal but displays the 'activate this copy of windows' message on desktop and reports error 0x803FA067 when I try and enter my valid product key. I've tried troubleshooter,...
  5. Windows Re-activation

Windows Re-activation: I had a digital license and it was also binded with my Microsoft account, I have recently changed my PCs hardware(Mobo, RAM, Processor) and then I'm not able to activate windows. Launched the troubleshooter, It didn't find any licenses, then I clicked "I've changed my pc's...
  6. Problem re-activating my pc.

Problem re-activating my pc.: Good day everyone. I just upgraded my computer after 7 years of service (my old computer already gave up on me) 1. installed a new Board and CPU. 2. i used offline just to enter my windows. 3. after installing and updating my Mobo, i can't seem to activate my windows....
  7. problem related to audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem related to audio: actually once I connected my earphones to my device which is having a Realtek software in it then a dailouge box araised then I simply selected don't ask again and closed that box. I didn't studied the matter in that box and closed. Now when I connect the earphones no such...
  8. Re-activation

Re-activation: I've switched hardware (including motherboard) on my computer and as soon as I started the newly built PC I realised that windows wasn't able to activate. There's an option to troubleshoot so I did just that and proceedingly i pressed the "I have recently swithced hardware on...
  9. Problem with phone activation

Problem with phone activation: Hi, I'm having a problem with the phone activation. I'm stuck at the security check dialogue, keeps saying "we cant verify you". Is it just me, or did MS kill phone activation? 40307
  10. Windows 10 Pro Re-activation problems

Windows 10 Pro Re-activation problems: I recently changed motherboards on my Win 10 PC. I had set up a Microsoft account, which was working prior to changing any hardware. I am attempting to reactivate Win 10 under Settings / Activation / Troubleshoot, however, I seem to be getting an error. I get an option to...