Windows 10: Automated phone-line re-activation and related problem

Discus and support Automated phone-line re-activation and related problem in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm running Win10, 64-bit, v.1903 A few weeks ago I upgraded my PC's mobo and successfully went through the rigmarole to reactivate Windows via the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MartynAyers2905, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Automated phone-line re-activation and related problem

I'm running Win10, 64-bit, v.1903

A few weeks ago I upgraded my PC's mobo and successfully went through the rigmarole to reactivate Windows via the automated phoneline.

It turned out that the new mobo was defective so today I installed a replacement. When I went to re-activate Windows, I couldn't find a route through to the point where Windows gives you the phone number to call for the automated procedure. Instead the only option I was presented with was to log into my MS account, which I did.

I still couldn't fid the route to the automated line, so activated Windows using a spare Pro key I happened to have.

When I rebooted after that, I was delighted (not!) to find that the local account I normally use on the PC was no longer in the list of available log-ins and had been replaced by a log-in to my MS account. I absolutely do not want to use my MS account credentials on this PC, and equally I want to continue using my previous local account which, needless to say, is no longer listed either under Users in Control Panel not in the list in NetPLWiz.

So my questions are:

1. How to I reinstate my local account log-in? Fwiw, my new, unasked-for MS account login seems to be using the entry for my local account under C:\Users.

2. Has the option to re-activate Windows via the automated phone-line been removed, and if not, how **exactly** do I get directly to it, starting from the desktop?

:)

MartynAyers2905, Aug 10, 2019

2. Microsofts Activation services phone #?

So I had an old rig that was running a RETAIL version of Win XP Home. Well the thing died. I want to use the product key from that old machine to do a win 7 upgrade, however, I cannot seem to find Microsoft's support number anywhere on their site, instead it redirects me to a page and here's what it says:

Well guess freakin what, THE COMPUTER IS DEAD, THEREFORE I CAN NOT DO ANY OF THOSE DAMN THINGS!!!!!!! *Bang Head :banghead:

This is seriously getting on my nerves!

Even googling it takes me to the same place. Does anyone have the number for their "Activation services" department?

BlackOmega, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    activation problem

Hi,

I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Aug 10, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Automated phone-line re-activation and related problem

DOCSIS 3.0 modem with phone line?

I'm thinking about buying my own modem for a few reasons:

1. Upgrade to DOCSIS 3.0, the modem I have from them is 2.0
    2. Eliminate the monthly rental fee.

Time Warner has a official supported modem list on their site, but none of them have phone lines like my current modem does, and then there's this little tidbit: if you choose to purchase your own modem, you will need another device from them to use their phone service, as none of the modems on their list have phone lines (including the modem I am currently using, from them, that does have phone lines on it). It seems they are trying to get their monthly equipment fee regardless if you have their modem or your own.

Considering my modem isn't on their list and it has phone lines on it, and I don't have a second box from them for the phone, I'm thinking ANY modem should work, whether it's on their list or not.

So, I'm looking for a DOCSIS 3.0 modem that has phone lines on it, any recommendations? I don't mind if the modem is also a router, provided I have full control over it as I would with my current router.

Thema:

Automated phone-line re-activation and related problem

1. Automated phone-line re-activation and related problem - Similar Threads - Automated phone line

2. Activate Windows by phone automated voice keeps dropping out -unable to activate Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows by phone automated voice keeps dropping out -unable to activate Windows: For the past two days I've made several attempts to Activate Windows by phone 888-571-2048 since I can't use internet access Windows XP in VM. The automated voice keeps dropping out at each instruction where I am suppose to speak the Installation Id. Since I do not hear the...
  3. Activate Windows by phone automated voice keeps dropping out -unable to activate Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows by phone automated voice keeps dropping out -unable to activate Windows: For the past two days I've made several attempts to Activate Windows by phone 888-571-2048 since I can't use internet access Windows XP in VM. The automated voice keeps dropping out at each instruction where I am suppose to speak the Installation Id. Since I do not hear the...
  4. Windows 10 phone activation - no automated activation option available

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 phone activation - no automated activation option available: I am trying to activate Windows 10 on a virtual machine. I have a product key that Microsoft confirmed on the phone is valid but I am unable to activate it online.In the past I have had this issue before and I was able to sort it out using the automated phone activation run...
  5. Windows 10 phone activation - no automated activation option available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 phone activation - no automated activation option available: I am trying to activate Windows 10 on a virtual machine. I have a product key that Microsoft confirmed on the phone is valid but I am unable to activate it online.In the past I have had this issue before and I was able to sort it out using the automated phone activation run...
  6. Windows 10 phone activation - no automated activation option available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Urgent Activation Related Problems!!!!

Urgent Activation Related Problems!!!!: hi, so I've had this laptop for 6 months now and only today started seeing this your windows will expire soon message every few seconds or when I connect to the net. some info its a dell laptop, windows 10 pro. the windows came preinstalled. this has never happened before...
  8. windows activation related problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows activation related problem: I have trobleshooted my activation window but it is not working. It shows try updating windows again and to contact my system administrator. So kindly inform me how to activate my windows....
  9. WAB.EXE and windows Activation Problem are they related ?

WAB.EXE and windows Activation Problem are they related ?: On a windows 10 os build 17143.950 installed on a dell e6510 dell laptop. I have a Windows activation Problem [img] When I go to activate windows I get this: [img] 0xC004F074 activation expires This laptop is a dell and should at least have windows 7 licence. I thought...
  10. Problem with phone activation

Problem with phone activation: Hi, I'm having a problem with the phone activation. I'm stuck at the security check dialogue, keeps saying "we cant verify you". Is it just me, or did MS kill phone activation? 40307