Windows 10: Automated Windows 10 clean install using USB for multiple units, how to get started?

Discus and support Automated Windows 10 clean install using USB for multiple units, how to get started? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Reddit, I work in a workplace where we clean install and update windows 10 home machines on a daily basis as a service for our costumers. As of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AwesomeFly96, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Automated Windows 10 clean install using USB for multiple units, how to get started?

Hi Reddit,

I work in a workplace where we clean install and update windows 10 home machines on a daily basis as a service for our costumers.

As of the moment, we manually install pc's using the windows tool with usb-sticks but this is a time consuming process for time we don't really have. Unpacking the physical pc's takes enough time as is and the windows setup, including entering boot menu, partioning and going through all the setup questions is a pain in the rear to say the least. After the install is complete we manually have to enter our Wifi and manually make windows update search for updates for the necessary drivers and install a couple of applications like Chrome, PDF reader etc.

We basically set up every PC in almost the same way and I know that there is some way to automate this entire process using stuff like unattend.xml, however I have no prior knowledge on how to make this a real thing to use in our process and also make it partition, go though install, make a user account called "User" with no password and connect to wifi and search for and install updates, rebooting when done by itself.

I'm looking for help to push me into the right direction. I've been googling for hours but what I find is mostly painstakingly long and complicated tutorials for something that someone probably already has a script for, or a very easy way to show how.

Thanks!

TL;DR: Looking for an automated Win 10 Home installer (script?) doing partitioning, setup process, local user account without a password, connecting to wifi and automatically updating by itself and installing a couple programs by itself since we install manually today taking a lot of time from us on our workplace where we have this as a service for our costumers.

submitted by /u/AwesomeFly96
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AwesomeFly96, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 22, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Automated Windows 10 clean install using USB for multiple units, how to get started?

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Automated Windows 10 clean install using USB for multiple units, how to get started?

1. Automated Windows 10 clean install using USB for multiple units, how to get started? - Similar Threads - Automated clean install

2. How to Clean Install Windows 10 Without USB or DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Clean Install Windows 10 Without USB or DVD: How to Clean Install Windows 10 Without USB or DVD. I want to Know This Method Because I Want to Clean Install Windows 10 but I don't have USB or DVD. Please Help Me.Thanks For Any Help!...
  3. How to Clean Install Windows 10 Without USB or DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Clean Install Windows 10 Without USB or DVD: How to Clean Install Windows 10 Without USB or DVD. I want to Know This Method Because I Want to Clean Install Windows 10 but I don't have USB or DVD. Please Help Me.Thanks For Any Help!...
  4. Automate diskpart for Clean Install.

Automate diskpart for Clean Install.: I want to FULLY Automate a Clean Install on Disk 0 [ the ONLY internal HDD ] with . . . [1] OS on C:\ >>> size=30720 - 30GB [2] Data on D:\ >>> size=51200 - 50GB [3] System_Image on S:\ >>> size=30720 - 30GB I want to use a Script to achive this which I will run after...
  5. Automating Clean Manager.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automating Clean Manager.: I thought I would post this more for information than anything else. It deals with the running of CleanMgr.exe in an Elevated CMD Prompt allowing the Hidden cleanup options to become available. I am about to Clean Install and then customise the OS. I decided to write a Batch...
  6. Clean install of windows 10 using USB installation media

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean install of windows 10 using USB installation media: Hello, After clean installation of windows 10 I have this message. your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are collecting some info and we will restart for you. Stop code: critical process died. Then it goes back to a blue screen that says just a moment...
  7. Clean install of windows 10 using USB installation media

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean install of windows 10 using USB installation media: Hello, I have to do a clean install of windows10 every 2 to 3 months now. I am doing something wrong here. My PC is a Lenovo Ideapad 320. I follow all clean install instructions but when I get to the drivers page where u have to delete them all and choose where u want to...
  8. Can i clean install windows 10 2004 on "unsupported unit"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i clean install windows 10 2004 on "unsupported unit": this may sound a bit stupid to ask but stay with me alright. I need to reinstall windows, I do this one's a year, to ensure maximum performance. Can I just install 2004 even though I get the "this unit isn't quite ready yet" inside windows update on 1909? Or do I have to...
  9. Multiboot USB with automated installer(s)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiboot USB with automated installer(s): Hi, I'm an IT student and I want to create a Multiboot USB drive with everything one may need when diagnosing and installing windows. So, I went ahead and downloaded the ISO-s, and merged them all into one big ISO file. BUT, I want for the installer to automatically...
  10. Clean install of windows 10 = to preloaded OS on a new unit

Clean install of windows 10 = to preloaded OS on a new unit: HP Envy on sale. I am looking at buying this new PC that still has the Windows 8.1 I am wondering if a should wait until the new PC's come out with the pre-loaded Windows 10 or does that not make any difference in regard to left over reg. files and other parts of crap soft...