Windows 10: Automatic addition of English US keyboard layout in Windows 11: Assistance needed

Discus and support Automatic addition of English US keyboard layout in Windows 11: Assistance needed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I am reaching out to you with a problem I've encountered while operating on Windows 11. I've noticed that every time I launch certain games or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by skorpions2000, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Automatic addition of English US keyboard layout in Windows 11: Assistance needed

Hello,I am reaching out to you with a problem I've encountered while operating on Windows 11. I've noticed that every time I launch certain games or applications, my system automatically adds the English US keyboard layout, even if it wasn't previously installed. This causes inconvenience as I am used to using a different keyboard layout.I've attempted to remove this layout through the language settings in Windows, but it returns each time I launch certain applications. I've also tried editing the registry to remove this layout, but this hasn't yielded the desired effect either.I've searched

:)

skorpions2000, Jun 3, 2023

2. Keyboard Switching Layout Automatically - Windows 11

Hi,

Keyboard on my system is changing layout automatically from English (IN) to English (UK).

Under Settings -> Time & Language -> Language & Region -> Options -> Keyboards - Only English (India) Keyboard is showing but in Keyboard Layout (Taskbar) English (UK) layout is also showing.

Please help me to delete English (UK) layout from my system.

Screenshot - Inked-Untitled-LI hosted at ImgBB

Regards

Ashish

Ashish.Arora, Jun 3, 2023
  3. tanyary Win User
    Custom Keyboard Layouts in Windows 11

A wonderful day everyone,

Previously I have used the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator to create custom keyboard layouts, however not only is Windows 11 not listed as a supported operating system, but I cannot use the installed keyboards as they get shrugged off as "Unavailable input method" and are also unselectable as they break the taskbar language button in strange ways.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how one can create a functioning keyboard layout for Windows 11? It'd be much appreciated.

Best regards.

tanyary, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Automatic addition of English US keyboard layout in Windows 11: Assistance needed

Keyboard layout selection

I need English (United Kingdom) as the region in order to get the desired date format. However I use the keyboard layout for English (United States) in addition to the language layout for the local language where I live.

Unfortunately, when I use "Windows key"-space to change keyboard layouts, English (United Kingdom) appears on the list which makes me change an additional time. Is there any way that I can keep the date format and English (United States) as my default language
    without English (United Kingdom) being a keyboard layout option?

Haim Shalom Snyder, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

Automatic addition of English US keyboard layout in Windows 11: Assistance needed

1. Automatic addition of English US keyboard layout in Windows 11: Assistance needed - Similar Threads - Automatic addition English

2. Automatic addition of English US keyboard layout in Windows 11: Assistance needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic addition of English US keyboard layout in Windows 11: Assistance needed: Hello,I am reaching out to you with a problem I've encountered while operating on Windows 11. I've noticed that every time I launch certain games or applications, my system automatically adds the English US keyboard layout, even if it wasn't previously installed. This causes...
  3. Windows 365 keyboard layout stuck on English US

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 365 keyboard layout stuck on English US: I've just got a new Windows 365 PC and nothing I do will make the keyboard the UK layout instead of the US.Under language and region everything is set as English UK, and I've deleted the English US language pack but the keyboard is still US layout.How can I get it to switch?...
  4. Windows 365 keyboard layout stuck on English US

Windows 365 keyboard layout stuck on English US: I've just got a new Windows 365 PC and nothing I do will make the keyboard the UK layout instead of the US.Under language and region everything is set as English UK, and I've deleted the English US language pack but the keyboard is still US layout.How can I get it to switch?...
  5. US keyboard layout persists in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    US keyboard layout persists in Windows 11: I want to remove EnglishUS keyboard layout in Windows 11 but I can't still remove it. I only want ATOK Japanese IME, uses Japanese keyboard layout to be displayed when pressing Win+Space.lot of detailsAs many of other users say I don't have the US language in [Time & Language...
  6. US keyboard layout persists in Windows 11

US keyboard layout persists in Windows 11: I want to remove EnglishUS keyboard layout in Windows 11 but I can't still remove it. I only want ATOK Japanese IME, uses Japanese keyboard layout to be displayed when pressing Win+Space.lot of detailsAs many of other users say I don't have the US language in [Time & Language...
  7. windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout: For some reason, Windows seems to regularly check to see if I'm using the EN-US keyboard layout, and adds it if I'm not. Normally, I use a variety of other layouts. This ends up adding another entry to my already long list of layouts to cycle through. It appears without an...
  8. Keyboard layout switching keeps adding US English to the list

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard layout switching keeps adding US English to the list: Okay I live in the UK but I use a German-Russian bilingual keyboard because I do. I have it all set to United Kingdom and then in the preferred languages I have it on German and Russian only because you can write in English perfectly fine with the German layout. Problem is...
  9. English US keyboard added automatically, can't remove it!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    English US keyboard added automatically, can't remove it!: I regularly use spanish, arabic and japanese keyboard. And been using them for a long time. After the last windows update the US keyboard appeared out of nowhere and it is not listed on my keyboards installed, but when I press win+space to change keyboards it appears there...
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942