Windows 10: Automatic and clean ways to force remove specific software.

Discus and support Automatic and clean ways to force remove specific software. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, My software is deployed with MSI and my customers use SCCM or GPO to batch install it on their PCs (about 1K PCs). The initial deployment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bill Hoo, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Bill Hoo Win User

Automatic and clean ways to force remove specific software.

Hi there,

My software is deployed with MSI and my customers use SCCM or GPO to batch install it on their PCs (about 1K PCs).

The initial deployment is success, but problem is when updating my app, some of their PCs (about 50) are getting Windows Installer error 1316, and others successed. They will not provide me the MSI log with security concern. I guess that there're something wrong just on these 50 PCs, but I must provide a solutions for them.

I have 2 thought right now, but each of them can not work without your help.

Solution 1:

Use "MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab" from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Solution 2:

Manually delete all Windows Installer's registry entries of my Product Code and redeploy.

So here are my questions:

1. Does "MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab" support command line mode? Or can it be deployed through GPO or SCCM?

2. If I must delete registry mannually, is it enough to just delete registrys with my ProductCode or there're other Windows Installer entries I should delete too?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Bill Hoo, Dec 20, 2018

2. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-bueno-search/

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Dec 20, 2018
  3. malicious software removal tool

Hi Alex,

We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool?
    • What is the last action taken before this issue happens?

We suggest that you check this link for more details regarding your issue:
    The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running supported versions of Windows.

We look forward to your response.

Anthony Gal, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Automatic and clean ways to force remove specific software.

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Automatic and clean ways to force remove specific software.

1. Automatic and clean ways to force remove specific software. - Similar Threads - Automatic clean ways

2. Clean install of windows 11 removes oem software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install of windows 11 removes oem software?: I have a HP laptop and I had to reinstall windows due to my stupidity but after i reinstalled it none of my oem software were installed, What should i do and is it fine if there's no oem software installed on my laptop?...
  3. Clean install of windows 11 removes oem software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install of windows 11 removes oem software?: I have a HP laptop and I had to reinstall windows due to my stupidity but after i reinstalled it none of my oem software were installed, What should i do and is it fine if there's no oem software installed on my laptop?...
  4. Is there a way to force the Windows store to do Automatic updates using Intune?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to force the Windows store to do Automatic updates using Intune?: I've been dealing with Store updates for a while now. The issue is that it will not automatically update any of the apps even when enabling the local policies for it. For the issue I've tried troubleshooting the store but no luck, I can update the store if I do it manually...
  5. Download Specifications on Software

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download Specifications on Software: Hi Microsoft CommunityI need to download a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. The Microsoft Store has the file. I spent 40 minutes looking around trying to find out if the file will download the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version that my PC is set up for. I was looking for a...
  6. Download Specifications on Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download Specifications on Software: Hi Microsoft CommunityI need to download a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. The Microsoft Store has the file. I spent 40 minutes looking around trying to find out if the file will download the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version that my PC is set up for. I was looking for a...
  7. Download Specifications on Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Is there a way to remove the USB connect/disconnect sound for specific devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to remove the USB connect/disconnect sound for specific devices?: I know you can remove the sound entirely when connecting/disconnecting USB devices, but is there a way to remove it only for specific devices? submitted by /u/andynm8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2avvc/is_there_a_way_to_remove_the_usb/
  9. Windows 10 Removing Softwares Automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Removing Softwares Automatically: I have a genuine windows 10 os home i got along my lenovo yoga laptop from amazon. Alright here is the problem, windows 10 removes the softwares automatically without me doing anything. some softwares, 1 4k Video downloader 2 Wfd Downloader 3 MS Teams 4 Bandicam 5 Zoom...
  10. Is there a way to force the Login Pin-pad and Touch Kyboard to automatically appear on a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to force the Login Pin-pad and Touch Kyboard to automatically appear on a...: Hi, I use an older (non-touchscreen) Windows 10 PC and the majority of the time use an air-mouse device and Onscreen Keyboard to navigate and input, not the physical keyboard. Is there a way to enable touch support (though my PC doesn't have a touchscreen) so that when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use sccm to force uninstall of unwanted software