Windows 10: Automatic Android phone backup now included in Google One membership

Discus and support Automatic Android phone backup now included in Google One membership in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’ve all been there. Your kid is checking their latest selfie on your phone, and whoops … dropped and broken, followed by tears (from at least one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Automatic Android phone backup now included in Google One membership

Source: More peace of mind with new phone backup by Google One

:)

Brink, Sep 12, 2019

2. Google Android users clubhouse

Android Security Vulnerability

What happened
    We recently learned that a component of Android responsible for generating secure random numbers contains critical weaknesses, that render all Android wallets generated to date vulnerable to theft. Because the problem lies with Android itself, this problem will affect you if you have a wallet generated by any Android app. An incomplete list would be Bitcoin Wallet, blockchain.info wallet, BitcoinSpinner and Mycelium Wallet. Apps where you don't control the private keys at all are not affected. For example, exchange frontends like the Coinbase or Mt Gox apps are not impacted by this issue because the private keys are not generated on your Android phone

What has been done
    Updates have been prepared for the following wallet apps:

• Bitcoin Wallet: Update 3.15 can be installed from Google Play or Google Code. Key rotation will occur automatically soon after you upgrade. The old addresses will be marked as insecure in your address book. You will need to make a fresh backup.
    • BitcoinSpinner: Update 0.8.3b can be installed from Google Play or Google Code. On startup it will advise you on how to proceed.
    • Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet: Update 0.7.0 can be installed from Google Play or mycelium.com. A wizard will guide you through the process of moving your bitcoins to newly generated addresses, and put the old keys into archive mode.
    • blockchain.info: Update 3.54 can be installed from Google Play. Version 3.54 and above includes an automatic re-keying wizard. Simply update to the latest version and follow the onscreen instructions. Please make a fresh wallet backup after the process completes.

What you should do
    In order to re-secure existing wallets, key rotation is necessary. This involves generating a new address with a repaired random number generator and then sending all the money in your wallet back to yourself. If you use an Android wallet then we strongly recommend you to upgrade to the latest version available in the Play Store as soon as one becomes available. Once your wallet is rotated, you will need to contact anyone who has stored addresses generated by your phone and give them a new one.

If you can't update your Android app, alternatively, you can send your bitcoins to a Bitcoin wallet on your computer until your Android app can be updated. You should make sure not to send back your bitcoins to your old insecure addresses.

Android Security Vulnerability

micropage7, Sep 12, 2019
  3. entropy13 Win User
    Google Android users clubhouse

The instructions are this:
    1. Boot into recovery mode
    2. Format System / Factory Data Wipe
    3. Wipe cache and also wipe dalvik cache
    4. Install FoxHound ICS zip file. You will get install completed message.
    5. Select to Restart System Now and let the phone boot up to an Android setup screen.
    6. Setup the phone as requested including Google setup.
    7. Once Android Setup is complete, Reboot the phone into Recovery Mode again
    8. Wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache again
    9. Select to Restart System Now
    10.Now if you want install AOSP package

Steps 1 and 7 are the only steps I understand and know what to do. *Laugh :laugh: Help? lol

entropy13, Sep 12, 2019
  4. 1nf3rn0x Win User

Google Android users clubhouse

I can show you how to use the recovery, 2 secs I'll make a vid for you *Smile Automatic Android phone backup now included in Google One membership :)

Hope this helps.. :

1nf3rn0x, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Automatic Android phone backup now included in Google One membership - Similar Threads - Automatic Android phone

2. Verified Calls by Google available soon on Android phones

in Windows 10 News
    Verified Calls by Google available soon on Android phones: Businesses often rely on phone calls to reach out to new customers and serve existing ones. But here’s the hang-up: customers often don’t answer the call if they don’t recognize the number. They worry it could be spam, or worse, a scam: a...
  3. Google One app now adds free phone backup and new storage manager

in Windows 10 News
    Google One app now adds free phone backup and new storage manager: Two years ago we launched Google One: a membership that gives you more out of Google. We started with expanded storage plans, the ability to share your storage with family members, live support for all your Google questions, and member benefits like Google Play credits and...
  4. Google Meet now available to Gmail on Android and iOS

in Windows 10 News
    Google Meet now available to Gmail on Android and iOS: [ATTACH] On a given day, I'm joining a dozen video calls—some are for work and others are scheduled times to catch up with friends (virtual trivia has become a quarantine favorite!). With video calling being an integral part of our lives, we made Google Meet...
  5. Google Podcasts available on iOS now and to Android this week

in Windows 10 News
    Google Podcasts available on iOS now and to Android this week: It took me a decade to find the podcasts I love most. When I lived in Chicago, I started downloading podcasts for traffic-filled drives to soccer practice. One that stood out during the ninety-minute commute was Planet Money, which became a ritual for me as I studied...
  6. Is there automatic backup to One Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there automatic backup to One Drive?: Howdy, I have just started using Windows 10. I cannot add my files to One Drive because I understand they would no longer be in a folder on the C drive. My new Win10 computer has an SSD to make file access faster, so I wouldn't want to be downloading them when opening,...
  7. Vivaldi Beta for Android is now available on Google Play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vivaldi Beta for Android is now available on Google Play: I received a notification email this morning advising that Vivaldi beta for Andriod was finally available. I believe it does qualify as Windows related as it is packed with cool Syncing features for passwords and bookmarks, etc. I was able to instantly sync with my desktop....
  8. Vivaldi Beta for Android is now available on Google Play

in Windows 10 News
    Vivaldi Beta for Android is now available on Google Play: I received a notification email this morning advising that Vivaldi beta for Andriod was finally available. I believe it does qualify as Windows related as it is packed with cool Syncing features for passwords and bookmarks, etc. I was able to instantly sync with my desktop....
  9. Google Chrome 70 will include option to stop automatic sign-in

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 70 will include option to stop automatic sign-in: We recently made a change to simplify the way Chrome handles sign-in. Now, when you sign into any Google website, you’re also signed into Chrome with the same account. You’ll see your Google Account picture right in the Chrome UI, so you can easily see your sign-in status....
  10. Sansung S5 users -- Android update -- BACKUP PHONE !!!!!!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Sansung S5 users -- Android update -- BACKUP PHONE !!!!!!: Hi there Samsung S5 users on some networks (Vodafone and associated carriers) will find that after the 5.0 Android updates things like links in email / internet will fail with messages like "Vodafone update unexpectedly stopped" and the application will end. Vodafone is...