Windows 10: Automatic Backup not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Automatic Backup not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I set up daily back up of my laptop to external hard drive. It worked for a few month and stopped. I tried to start manually without success.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlinaSF, Apr 24, 2019.

1. AlinaSF Win User

Automatic Backup not working on Windows 10

Hi,

I set up daily back up of my laptop to external hard drive. It worked for a few month and stopped. I tried to start manually without success.

What should I do?

Thanks<
    Alina

:)

AlinaSF, Apr 24, 2019
  2. Sean8 Win User

Automatic backup

I'm trying to setup automatic backup. In windows 7 I have it setup but it doesn't backup everything in that folder it backs up only stuff that was edited which causes confusion. Is there any easier way to automatically backup everything in a single folder to my external hd

Sean8, Apr 24, 2019
  3. DLB26 Win User
    Windows 10 automatic backup error 0x80070015

I've had the same problem as everyone else in this thread. I found this suggestion (proposed by Sachin Venkatesh, MS, back in 2015) worked for me:

Follow the steps to check if the backup service is started.

• Press Windows + R keys, type services.msc.
    • search Volume Shadow Copy and double click on it.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Start in Service status and check.
    Source: Backup Error code 0x80070015

Mine was set to Manual... I changed it to Automatic and the backup immediately started running.

DLB26, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Automatic Backup not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Automatic Backup working

2. Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically: Good morning,we have some computers that create a backup by week, in a external drive since 2-3 months.The problem is that Windows 10 isn't deleting old backups and drive is being full so fast. I want to know if it exists some way to do this task automatically, because now I...
  3. Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically: Good morning,we have some computers that create a backup by week, in a external drive since 2-3 months.The problem is that Windows 10 isn't deleting old backups and drive is being full so fast. I want to know if it exists some way to do this task automatically, because now I...
  4. Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How does automatic backup actually work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How does automatic backup actually work?: So I just recently backed up to an external storage while having the "automatic backup" option turned on. Does this mean whenever I connect my external drive again it will automatically back up? Should I disable that option just in case? submitted by /u/qwert1225 [link]...
  6. Windows 10 backup not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 backup not working: I have Windows 10 20H2 (compilation OS 19042.630) and I can't back up to Windows 10. Give me this error without screenshot I have 3 HDD and a SSD M2. Disc 0 - HDD Western Digital 1TB a have 5 partition: F G H I J L Disc 1 - HDD Western Digital 1TB a have one partition: K...
  7. create automatic backup in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    create automatic backup in windows 10: How can create automatic backup in windows 10 for my external hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-automatic-backup-in-windows-10/3ce556df-f2c3-4618-82dd-2479bfd68c45
  8. Windows 10 Automatic File/Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Automatic File/Folder Backup: I've been running Windows 10 automatic file/folder backup for quite some time, and it was working fine before the latest massive Windows 10 update. My files/folders are directed to be saved every 20 minutes to an external drive connected via a USB port. Now, I could be wrong,...
  9. Windows 10 backup not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 backup not working: My windows 10 backup is set to backup daily and only delete when out of space. It never triggers automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-backup-not-working/12141452-d7db-4a81-b16a-ac5fc192c0e8
  10. Backup does not automatically backup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup does not automatically backup.: backup does not automatically backup. I have to go to settings and do it manually every time i want a file backed up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/backup-does-not-automatically-backup/de72d377-937c-4a24-b968-13c6994296d8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatic backup not

2. backup not working win 10

3. windows 10 automatic backup not working