Windows 10: Automatic backup of OneDrive-folders to external HDD

Discus and support Automatic backup of OneDrive-folders to external HDD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have my OneDrive-folders saved localy on my computer, but I also have an external HDD connected to my router for backups. Using the build-in backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Slangkonto1, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Automatic backup of OneDrive-folders to external HDD

I have my OneDrive-folders saved localy on my computer, but I also have an external HDD connected to my router for backups. Using the build-in backup feature in Windows I can't get it to actually backup the content in THE OneDrive-folders to the external HDD. Is there a way to automat this, so I can have my files both localy on my laptop, on OneDrive and on My external HDD?

submitted by /u/Slangkonto1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Slangkonto1, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Sean8 Win User

Automatic backup

I'm trying to setup automatic backup. In windows 7 I have it setup but it doesn't backup everything in that folder it backs up only stuff that was edited which causes confusion. Is there any easier way to automatically backup everything in a single folder to my external hd

Sean8, Jan 8, 2021
  3. RCoon Win User
    OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Jan 8, 2021
  4. wes90210 Win User

Automatic backup of OneDrive-folders to external HDD

OneDrive or External HDD for backup?

HDD enclosure is a great investment since it doesn't require a subscription fee (unless you use a paid backup plan). Personally, I use OneDrive for office (word, excel, etc) file storage and a 2tb NAS (considering an upgrade next year) for bigger files (such as FLACs and some video editing stuff). Of course, everyone has different needs, but it works well for me and I thought I'd throw my suggestion into the pool.

wes90210, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Automatic backup of OneDrive-folders to external HDD

1. Automatic backup of OneDrive-folders to external HDD - Similar Threads - Automatic backup OneDrive

2. Automatic backup local folder to Onedrive business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic backup local folder to Onedrive business: Hi,I have a Onedrive business account and I want to select my working project folder to backup. I have searched for solution and couldn't get satisfied solution.The backup should automatically sync with Onedrive. There is a folder in C: drive default backup folder and I can...
  3. Automatic backup local folder to Onedrive business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic backup local folder to Onedrive business: Hi,I have a Onedrive business account and I want to select my working project folder to backup. I have searched for solution and couldn't get satisfied solution.The backup should automatically sync with Onedrive. There is a folder in C: drive default backup folder and I can...
  4. Automatic Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Folder Backup: DO NOT ENABLE FOLDERS BACKUP TO ONEDRIVE AUTOMATICALLY WHEN INSTALLING WINDOWS 10DO NOT MAKE ANY DECISIONS FOR USER WITHOUT THEIR APPROVALDO NOT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-folder-backup/9d674523-3673-488f-b9e0-8b9b98aa5e67
  5. Automatic Folder Backup

Automatic Folder Backup: DO NOT ENABLE FOLDERS BACKUP TO ONEDRIVE AUTOMATICALLY WHEN INSTALLING WINDOWS 10DO NOT MAKE ANY DECISIONS FOR USER WITHOUT THEIR APPROVALDO NOT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-folder-backup/9d674523-3673-488f-b9e0-8b9b98aa5e67
  6. Automatic backup of Pictures folder to an external drive

Automatic backup of Pictures folder to an external drive: HelloHow can I setup an automatic backup of the 'My Pictures' folder to an external USB drive?ThanksPierre https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-backup-of-pictures-folder-to-an-external/709900ac-efa0-465b-a715-3b7de3fc710c
  7. OneDrive Folder on HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Folder on HDD: Windows 10 returned only a black screen after the latest update. To fix this I decided to reinstall Window 10 altogether. Once done, I logged into OneDrive I use Office 365 for Family. When I tried to change the OneDrive destination to the OTHER HDD on my system where I...
  8. OneDrive or External HDD for backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    OneDrive or External HDD for backup?: I'm trying to keep subscription costs and/or hardware costs down, so I would like to find a backup strategy that doesn't involve both, or at least doesn't cost too much. I would like to do daily / weekly incremental backups, and image my drive once a month or so. From what...
  9. Backup to external HDD on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup to external HDD on network: My PC OS is Windows 10 v17763. The OS is installed on a SSD drive. D, E and F SATA drives are also on the computer. The PC is connected by Ethernet to a Netgear Nighthawk R7800 router by ethernet. A 4Tb external HDD is connected to the Netgear router by USB. This drive is...
  10. backup on external hdd on router

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup on external hdd on router: i have an external hdd on my router and i want to make a system image backup there, but i can't find it when i have to choose a network location. what should i do?...