Windows 10: Automatic brightness

Discus and support Automatic brightness in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I dont know if it windows related, but when i minimize everything the screen dims and its very annoying. Ive looked for brightness setting everywhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thomas42069399, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Automatic brightness

I dont know if it windows related, but when i minimize everything the screen dims and its very annoying. Ive looked for brightness setting everywhere but no result.

submitted by /u/Thomas42069399
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Thomas42069399, Jul 9, 2020

2. automatic brightness in Microsoft Lumia 950XL

The red light is for the face / iris sensor. To know more about Windows Hello and Privacy, you can refer on this

link

For the brightness issue that you're experiencing, we suggest that you follow the steps given below:

• Turn Off Automatically adjust display
      brightness.

• Perform a soft reset to refresh your device. Press and hold Volume Down+Power
      button until phone vibrates and restarts.
    • Turn On Automatically adjust display brightness again.

If issue still persist, your device light sensor maybe malfunctioning and may require repair/replacement.

Update us on the result.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jul 9, 2020
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jul 9, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Automatic brightness

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Automatic brightness

1. Automatic brightness - Similar Threads - Automatic brightness

2. How to turn off automatic screen brightness change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off automatic screen brightness change?: Hi, I don't have the option to adjust the brightness, and the brightness on the screen adjusts to me depending on what is being displayed. It really annoys me and there is no option to turn it off....
  3. How to turn off automatic screen brightness change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off automatic screen brightness change?: Hi, I don't have the option to adjust the brightness, and the brightness on the screen adjusts to me depending on what is being displayed. It really annoys me and there is no option to turn it off....
  4. How to turn off automatic screen brightness change?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My screen brightness automatically goes down a lot in full screen mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen brightness automatically goes down a lot in full screen mode.: My screen brightness automatically goes down a lot in full screen mode. Im using windows 11 with the latest update. I have tried updating all my drivers and all of them are up to date. my night light option is off, windows game bar is off, adaptive brightness is off. I tried...
  6. My screen brightness automatically goes down a lot in full screen mode.

My screen brightness automatically goes down a lot in full screen mode.: My screen brightness automatically goes down a lot in full screen mode. Im using windows 11 with the latest update. I have tried updating all my drivers and all of them are up to date. my night light option is off, windows game bar is off, adaptive brightness is off. I tried...
  7. Brightness changed automatically in browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness changed automatically in browsers: I was browsing on Chrome, and as I scroll up and down on the webpage, the brightness is changed automatically. Microsoft Edge is having the same issue. I went to my display setting, there is only the slider on my brightness, there is no option to turn on or off the "adaptive...
  8. Brightness changed automatically in browsers

Brightness changed automatically in browsers: I was browsing on Chrome, and as I scroll up and down on the webpage, the brightness is changed automatically. Microsoft Edge is having the same issue. I went to my display setting, there is only the slider on my brightness, there is no option to turn on or off the "adaptive...
  9. I can't turn off automatic brightness

I can't turn off automatic brightness: Hi, I have a DELL Latitude 3540 with Windows 11 22H2. I have this common issue where W11 automatically adjust the screen brightness and contrast based on content that’s displayed.I've searched the microsoft docs and forums to resolve this, but nothing works....
  10. I can't turn off automatic brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't turn off automatic brightness: Hi, I have a DELL Latitude 3540 with Windows 11 22H2. I have this common issue where W11 automatically adjust the screen brightness and contrast based on content that’s displayed.I've searched the microsoft docs and forums to resolve this, but nothing works....