Windows 10: Automatic Change of Internet Connection

Discus and support Automatic Change of Internet Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I normally have my desktop connected to the internet via ethernet. However, I occasionally need to disconnect the cable and move over to wifi. I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Matt316, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Matt316 Win User

Automatic Change of Internet Connection

I normally have my desktop connected to the internet via ethernet. However, I occasionally need to disconnect the cable and move over to wifi. I click on the little 'globe' and select the wifi icon. When the cable is plugged back in I have to deselect the wifi the same way. This is no hardship. However, I was wondering if there is a way of automatically changing to and from wifi depending on the connectivity of the ethernet cable. I've searched the settings, but can find no help.

:)

Matt316, Jun 19, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 19, 2021
  3. AndreePin Win User
    loss of internet connection

Hi Lawrence,

Since you are still experiening internet connection issue, what we can suggest is for you to try and have the Internet Connections troubleshooter. Kindly try the steps below:

• Right click the
      Start
      menu and select Control Panel.

• Change the
      View by: Categoryinto
      Large icons.

• Select and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Click
      Network and Internet.

• Click
      Internet Connections.

• Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• After troubleshooting is completed, check the status of the troubleshooter shown on the window.
    Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Automatic Change of Internet Connection

automatic wifi connection on startup

Hi Shaun,

Being unable to connect automatically to the internet upon starting your system may
    occur due to outdated or incompatible network adapter driver. To rectify such concern, we suggest that you refer to this

article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for internet connection issues.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Automatic Change of Internet Connection

1. Automatic Change of Internet Connection - Similar Threads - Automatic Change Internet

2. Problem with automatic connection of internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with automatic connection of internet: In our area, we experience frequent power-cut so the internet connection is disturbed. The problem is that after the power supply resumes, my internet connection doesn't connect automatically. It shows internet connections are available but didn't connect automatically. Even...
  3. Automatically connecting to the internet

Automatically connecting to the internet: My laptop and the the family’s laptop will not connect automatically to out home network; however, they will connect automatically to any other saved network. Why is this happening and what can i do to fix it?...
  4. Windows 10 restarts automatically when internet connects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 restarts automatically when internet connects: Dear microsoft friends, Recent returnee to Windows after 16 years of Apple. Thought it was time to try out the competition. Was more or less happy for a week, though 3 days ago my Lenovo 330s decided it was fun to start announcing it would restart every few minutes with one...
  5. Internet "Connect Automatically" stopped working

Internet "Connect Automatically" stopped working: Every time I wake my computer or reboot, even though I have my 2.4GHz channel checked to "Connect Automatically," the checkmark disappears and I have to connect manually. Any ideas? Thank you. 122198
  6. Changing internet type on a internet passthrough ethernet connection

Changing internet type on a internet passthrough ethernet connection: Currently, I have two computers one desktop and one laptop and I have been able to pass my internet through my desktop to my laptop via ethernet, but my problem is that this ethernet connection sets up as a public connection. I want to change this to a private connection so...
  7. Internet connection lost after password change

Internet connection lost after password change: I changed the microsoft password via my phone. On my computer there are 2 internet "connections". One is the standard and has always been the default. Netgear27. The other is Netgear 5-G. Now the standard won't work and says I have no internet connection. If I switch to...
  8. Internet connection not automatic since update from Win7

Internet connection not automatic since update from Win7: When I startup my computer I may as well turn off, then on, my router. That seems to reset things as to my computer. I then have to click on the airplane icon (which just appeared recently, I think after the last update). That allows me to click "connect" to my router....
  9. Cannot change automatic connection to cellular networks?

Cannot change automatic connection to cellular networks?: Hello, I use a 3G SIM card to connect to network. Now suddenly it stopped automatically connecting to it. When I go to Network & Internet / Cellular / there are check boxes for connect automatically and allow roaming. It doesn't seem to matter what I do with them. The...
  10. Internet connection shuts off automatically

Internet connection shuts off automatically: I installed Windows 10 on my alienware machine, if i have 3 or more web pages open, connections shuts off. like its on a metered connection, but it is not. this is driving me crazy need a solution please 2680