Windows 10: automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

Discus and support automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ahmed Zairi, Apr 19, 2024.

1. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

Hello Everyone, I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen. When I am connected to the two screens, I want to have the scale at 150%; but when I disconnect the docking station I want the scale to change automatically to 125%; is that possible?

:)

Ahmed Zairi, Apr 19, 2024

2. Screen snipping doesn't work on USBC docking station?

Hi, I’m Nicole, I’ll be happy to help you out today.

This issue is likely due to a compatibility problem between the USBC docking station and Windows 11. Changing the display scaling percentage on either monitor can cause changes in the screen resolution and aspect ratio, which can affect how screen snipping works. To resolve the issue, you can try the following steps:

Check for updates for the USBC docking station and the graphics drivers on the laptop.

Connect the secondary monitor through HDMI instead of USBC to see if the issue still persists.

Try a different USBC docking station, if possible.

If none of the above steps work, you may need to use the screen snipping tool at a display scaling of 100% on either the laptop or the secondary monitor.

Regards.

Nicole Aljecera, Apr 19, 2024
  3. Surface pro 4 Dock Scaling problems

Scaling issues with Apps on Surface 4+docking station+ external monitors:

I have 2 monitors connected through the Surface Pro 4 docking station, and if I extend to Monitor 2 and Monitor 3 - I get same problem:

Skype for business icons and app menu are huge, taking up all the screen space

Power Point is useless because again the menu items are huge

Internet Explorer are the same - huge menu

It does not happen with OneNote, Word is ok, Excel ok. I think its those programs too because nothing I do with the monitors will change that.

Help!! automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station :(

BetzaDe Leon, Apr 19, 2024
  4. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock

Hello,

I've encountered the world's most infuriating problem for which I do not believe there is a solution. I recently purchased an HP ZBook 14u w/ it's associated thunderbolt dock. I have two 24" 4K displays connected to the dock. For the monitors, under scale
    and layout I've set scaling to 225% (which IS listed under available pre-set scaling options) and they look fantastic. For the laptop screen however, the recommended setting is 300% (too big) with the setting below that being 250% (too small). Setting a custom
    scale of 275% is perfect. The problem is, if I set custom scaling on the laptop screen, and then plug it into the dock, it carries over to the two monitors (changing them to 275%) making them too big. It seems there is no way to set custom scaling for an individual
    display. It also seems that there is no way to add a certain scale percentage (in this case 275%) to the list of available options within the settings on the laptop screen without setting a custom number.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Are there any drivers, registry tweaks or custom apps that can allow me to set custom scaling for an individual screen and not have it carry over to all the displays when I connect the laptop to the dock?

CiscoKid08, Apr 19, 2024
Thema:

automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

1. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station - Similar Threads - automatic change display

2. Script to change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Script to change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone,I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  3. Script to change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Script to change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone,I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  4. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone, I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  5. Outlook scaling changes when closing my laptop, connected through a docking station

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook scaling changes when closing my laptop, connected through a docking station: I have a laptop connected to a docking station, with 2 external Dell monitors that I use. When connected to the docking station I typically shut the laptop and only use the external monitors, but lately, when I shut the laptop, the resolution in Outlook specifically changes...
  6. Outlook scaling changes when closing my laptop, connected through a docking station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook scaling changes when closing my laptop, connected through a docking station: I have a laptop connected to a docking station, with 2 external Dell monitors that I use. When connected to the docking station I typically shut the laptop and only use the external monitors, but lately, when I shut the laptop, the resolution in Outlook specifically changes...
  7. Outlook scaling changes when closing my laptop, connected through a docking station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Multiple displays not working with a docking station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple displays not working with a docking station: I can always connect one monitor at a time, but once I connect a second, both displays go black #3 and #2, #1 and #4 are the laptop screens. What does it mean that #2 is grayed out?...
  9. docking station for extended display is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    docking station for extended display is not working.: I went to Display but there's no option for me to choose to extend display. I even did Win+P but monitor won't extend. PLease help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-for-extended-display-is-not/102d1335-019e-4b1c-94c9-e1c4de47f73c
  10. Display Settings on Docking Stations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Settings on Docking Stations: Hi all, My organisation has recently used to Windows 10 and our estate is largely made up of Surface pro 4's, 6's and surface laptop 2's. we use these with the surface docking station with mini display ports to connect to 2 monitors. i have set most of the display...