Windows 10: Automatic Disk Repair? How long should i wait?

Discus and support Automatic Disk Repair? How long should i wait? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need some help! My Asus labtop was working perfectly fine yesterday and upon booting it up today it went to a black screen. I had left it like that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alue, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Alue Win User

Automatic Disk Repair? How long should i wait?

I need some help! My Asus labtop was working perfectly fine yesterday and upon booting it up today it went to a black screen. I had left it like that for 40 minutes with no luck. I had then turned off my labtop by holding down the power button until it turned off. Upon starting it back up again I received the message that windows 10 was diagnosing my disk and then it went into automatic repair. For the next 9 hours it swapped between the screen for disk repair % complete and repairing disk with no percent displayed. Should I leave it running? I've been reading other posts that a lot of individuals were having an infinite loop with this situation.

:)

Alue, Jul 8, 2016

2. windows 10 96% how long should I wait?

• Check to ensure there is disk activity (look at the hard disk LED light to confirm. If there is, keep waiting. If setup go beyond 2 to 3 hours, try the following steps.
    • Power down the computer. Unplug it, then wait 20 mins to 1 hour.
    • Disconnect it from the Internet (unplug Ethernet or turn off Wi-Fi).
    • Plug it again, ensure it remains disconnected from the Internet then start computer.
    • See if it completes setup.
    • If setup completes and you see the desktop with the ability to click Start and launch programs, proceed to reconnect to the Internet.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 8, 2016
  3. How do I, and should I, remove Windows 8 when I have now updated to Windows 10

When you upgrade to win 10 win 8 is for all intents absorbed and there is no need or ability to remove it. After 30 days win 10 will automatically run a disk cleanup to remove and the leftover bits of win 8 and the temporary files accumulated as well.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 8, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

I had the same problem recently - see Automatic Repair Started on Boot? I never found out why my PC went into automatic repair but it has been fine since.

I suggest powering off your laptop and maybe removing the battery for several minutes then try restarting. Hopefully, the PC will be fine after the next cold boot.

If this fails and Automatic Repair starts again then I would leave it to run until it reports a result before deciding what to do. If your laptop won't boot to Windows you could then try an in place repair install.

Steve C, Jul 8, 2016
  5. caperjack Win User
    when removing battery, also hold down the power button to drain the power from the motherboard, before you reinstall the battery

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Automatic Disk Repair? How long should i wait? - Similar Threads - Automatic Disk Repair

2. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long is the wait?: Weird how if you use windows 10 better than 11 downgrade you get the same update error over and over. But when you downdate to windows 11 the only os in the world that forces an internet connection to install spyware. You don't get 0x80070643 update error?...
  3. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long is the wait?: Weird how if you use windows 10 better than 11 downgrade you get the same update error over and over. But when you downdate to windows 11 the only os in the world that forces an internet connection to install spyware. You don't get 0x80070643 update error?...
  4. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. what should i do when automatic disk check is taking to long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what should i do when automatic disk check is taking to long: I turned my laptop on yesterday and walked away for a second. It started an automatic disk check and i wasn’t there to stop it. Its been suck around 55% on stage 1 since around 11 last night. I need to use my laptop, the ETA is more than 100 hours what should I do....
  6. what should i do when automatic disk check is taking to long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what should i do when automatic disk check is taking to long: I turned my laptop on yesterday and walked away for a second. It started an automatic disk check and i wasn’t there to stop it. Its been suck around 55% on stage 1 since around 11 last night. I need to use my laptop, the ETA is more than 100 hours what should I do....
  7. For how long should we wait for MS to fix this bug!!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    For how long should we wait for MS to fix this bug!!?: http://www.surfacetablethelp.com/2020/06/gamepad-joystick-prevents-monitor-from-sleeping-in-windows-10-2004-updates.html The only option for me it to disconnect the joysticks.. But its a pain. also I dont have nvidia gforce experiance. Anyone found a better solution?...
  8. how long should a repair-install take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how long should a repair-install take?: I'm using Win10_2004_English_x64.iso I'm going to select "not right now" for including further updates during the repair, and only do the repair using the ISO my HDD. I'm going to turn off my WIFI during the install so that Windows doesn't try to get anything else. Why?...
  9. How long should I Keep waiting for windows 10 Resetting?

How long should I Keep waiting for windows 10 Resetting?: I decided to reset my PC because it was running super slow and freezing all the time. I reset it and picked the option to remove all my files It has been at 36% Downloading with 1 white dot frozen in place(The dots aren't spinning anymore) Should I keep waiting Or what do I...
  10. How long should chdsk be waited for?

How long should chdsk be waited for?: I ran chkdsk /r C: because of some issues and it's been stuck for numerous hours at 100% done. I'm just wondering at what point should I just pull the plug and see if anything is fixed/more broken submitted by /u/Grakchawwaa [link] [comments]...