Windows 10: Automatic driver updates don't show up

Discus and support Automatic driver updates don't show up in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I installed Windows 10 I wanted to installl the driver from the Nvidia website. However winupdate was already downloading driverupdates. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LemonC200, Aug 2, 2015.

1. LemonC200 Win User

Automatic driver updates don't show up

When I installed Windows 10 I wanted to installl the driver from the Nvidia website.
    However winupdate was already downloading driverupdates. I stopped the driver updates by clearing the software distribution folder.

After a restart normal windows updates showed up but the driver updates couldnt be found anywhere.
    So I tried to repair Windows update but no luck there.

In the end I though well I did just a fresh install so I decided to reset this pc. However when doing this the drivers dont get reset completely I guess because it didnt help. How can I get a rescan of all my drivers and let them get installed by Windows update.

:)

LemonC200, Aug 2, 2015

2. Maxtor InTouch 4 External Hardrive not accessible

If the device shows up in Device Manager, open it, then Driver tab, then Uninstall the driver. Restart PC to reinstall. If they don't reinstall automatically then in Device Manager, on device Driver tab, choose Update driver, then Automatic. If that fails
    try Browse PC, then Let me Pick, then try all drivers in the old driver list.

If that fails, browse to C:\windows\INF folder to find and delete these drivers:

usbstor.inf

usbstor.pnf

Then restart PC and plug in External to reload the drivers. If they don't autoload

The problem is apparently bad drivers being provided after Version Update.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Blocking certain updates in Windows 10.

In Windows 10, your device is always kept up-to-date to have the latest features and fixes. Drivers are installed automatically so that you don't have to select which updates are needed. In rare cases, a specific driver might temporarily cause
    issues that affect your device. In this situation, you can prevent the problematic driver from reinstalling automatically the next time Windows Updates are installed.

"Show or hide updates" troubleshooter:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3073930

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Automatic driver updates don't show up

1. Automatic driver updates don't show up - Similar Threads - Automatic driver updates

2. 23H2 update don't show up in my 22H2 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    23H2 update don't show up in my 22H2 PC: Hii am using windows 11 pro 22H2 22621.2861 and 23H2 update don't show up in windows update, I'm trying for weeks and it's still don't show up.Is there a command that can make the update arrive?...
  3. 23H2 update don't show up in my 22H2 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    23H2 update don't show up in my 22H2 PC: Hii am using windows 11 pro 22H2 22621.2861 and 23H2 update don't show up in windows update, I'm trying for weeks and it's still don't show up.Is there a command that can make the update arrive?...
  4. How to set up automatic driver updates in Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set up automatic driver updates in Windows?: How to set up automatic driver updates in Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-automatic-driver-updates-in-windows/7dcd6397-92ad-4b91-9a32-c0ebb09e67f1
  5. How to set up automatic driver updates in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up automatic driver updates in Windows?: How to set up automatic driver updates in Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-automatic-driver-updates-in-windows/7dcd6397-92ad-4b91-9a32-c0ebb09e67f1
  6. GPU logs Don't show up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU logs Don't show up: hello, hope you help meMy GPU doesn't show logs and there are no FPS despite updating graphic card drivers in the official site I have a DELL LATITUDE E6330 with Intel 4000 graphic card....
  7. Bluetooth earbuds don't show up

Bluetooth earbuds don't show up: I've been trying to connect my wireless earbuds but it just doesn't show up. When I go to pair device it doesn't show my earbuds on there. I already went through device manager and nothing. I did a troubleshoot but it says everything is working just fine. The earbuds work...
  8. Intel Driver Updates Showing Up In My Optional Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Driver Updates Showing Up In My Optional Updates: Hello, I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that all of a sudden there are multiple Driver Updates showing up in Optional Updates in Settings. I do not know what half of these are for and one of the drivers date back to 1968. Does anyone know why MS did this? I am not...
  9. Why don't updates show up more than once?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why don't updates show up more than once?: On December 11th, which is one day before the 2nd Tuesday of the month when the main update comes out, I checked for updates and there were 2 of them, plus an optional one to upgrade to version 1909. Since I didn't have the time to download right then, I put it off until...
  10. Automatic driver updates

Automatic driver updates: Windows Update regularly replaces my carefully selected working audio drivers with the buggy default one. Not only is this incredibly annoying, but it's actually dangerous. The bug causes volume to jump to 100 when resuming paused playback, which can cause hearing damage...