Windows 10: Automatic driver updates

Discus and support Automatic driver updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows Update regularly replaces my carefully selected working audio drivers with the buggy default one. Not only is this incredibly annoying, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mc_04, Oct 13, 2018.

1. mc_04 Win User

Automatic driver updates

Windows Update regularly replaces my carefully selected working audio drivers with the buggy default one. Not only is this incredibly annoying, but it's actually dangerous. The bug causes volume to jump to 100 when resuming paused playback, which can cause hearing damage while using headphones.

:)

mc_04, Oct 13, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 13, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic driver updates :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Oct 13, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Automatic driver updates

95Viper, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Automatic driver updates

1. Automatic driver updates - Similar Threads - Automatic driver updates

2. Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated: G'day,When I select 'update driver' in device manager and select automatically search for update, it instantly says 'The best drivers for your device are already installed'. Notice the word instantly. It does not feel like Windows is actually searching for appropriate...
  3. Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated: G'day,When I select 'update driver' in device manager and select automatically search for update, it instantly says 'The best drivers for your device are already installed'. Notice the word instantly. It does not feel like Windows is actually searching for appropriate...
  4. Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows automatically updating drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows automatically updating drivers.: Hello, I have some devices which I want to keep the same driver provided by manufacturer but windows keep replacing them and adding it's own microsoft drivers which doesn't work.I want windows to stop this automatically unnecessary updating drivers....
  6. Windows automatically updating drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows automatically updating drivers.: Hello, I have some devices which I want to keep the same driver provided by manufacturer but windows keep replacing them and adding it's own microsoft drivers which doesn't work.I want windows to stop this automatically unnecessary updating drivers....
  7. Windows automatically updating drivers.

8. Workaround for automatic driver updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Workaround for automatic driver updates?: Is there a way to stop Windows update from installing driver updates in Windows 10 HOME? Today I was working on some audio rendering on my laptop and the PC started freezing with multiple TDR errors - right in the middle of the job. Windows had updated my graphics driver...
  9. Disable Automatic Windows Update Driver Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable Automatic Windows Update Driver Update: Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. I have been using my PC manufacturers Synaptics touch-pad driver for years without issue, it is from 2015. The other day Windows 10 automatically updated to some 2017 Synpatics driver. I lost the ability to scroll up or down...
  10. Windows Update / automatic driver updates?

Windows Update / automatic driver updates?: I have potentially four machines that are eligible for a Windows 10 upgrade, based on most of what I read I was hopeful that there would be few if any problems until I read that Windows would now automatically install driver updates along with operating system updates. All...