Windows 10: Automatic duplex printing no longer available on my HP Envy

Discus and support Automatic duplex printing no longer available on my HP Envy in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, hope someone can help. Overnight, my printer has stopped doing automatic duplex printing on PDF documents. It is an HP Envy 4520. I have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by soleruler, Jan 25, 2020.

1. soleruler Win User

Automatic duplex printing no longer available on my HP Envy

Hi, hope someone can help.

Overnight, my printer has stopped doing automatic duplex printing on PDF documents. It is an HP Envy 4520.

I have not made any changes to hardware or software/or done any upgrades etc. I use Windows 10. I have tried to update the device driver but it is up to date.

I have tried using the HP smart app as seen on another thread but it still requires me to manually move the paper to print the second side.

Under printer properties it says double sided but if I look under device settings it now says 'not installed' next to 'automatic duplexing unit.

I have not had this problem previously, and it was doing automatic double sided printing 2 days ago!

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

:)

soleruler, Jan 25, 2020

2. HP OfficeJet 4650 stopped printing in colour and automatic duplex printing

I am having 2 issues which I suspect are both connected......

1) Printer stopped printing in colour.

- I have several times uninstalled and reinstalled printer and print drivers, both from HP website and CD.

- Printer is able to print in colour - I can print proper test page and copy in colour - it is NOT a colour cartridge or printer hardware issue.

- in Programs, only the Basic Device Software is showing up - not full features which is what I've been downloading

- in printer properties, advanced - there is NO option coming up "print in greyscale" to turn off, so don't suggest this step

- this has happened before and uninstalling and reinstalling with CD worked....this time, not so much.

**I URGENTLY need to print in colour .....very upset about this!

2) Printer has stopped automatically duplex printing

- this happened before and uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it

- only shows options for manual duplex printing where you have to take the sheets and reinsert them

- I've gone into printer properties, device settings and Automatic Duplexing unit shows "Not Installed". I can get it to show "Installed" by Updating in Automatic Configuration but when I exit and go back in, it is always back to "not installed".

- Automatic duplex printing was one of the main reasons I chose this printer.

Any help with either of these issues appreciated, but colour issue is very URGENT!

Thank you

miraclesabound4, Jan 25, 2020
  3. I can connect and print but it no longer will do duplex printing.

Hello! I have an HP ENVY 4512. I can connect and print but it no longer will do duplex printing, I have to manually put the paper in the tray for it to print. Also I can not get it to print anything in color even though I go thru the properties and change
    it but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

BeckyHarper, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Automatic duplex printing no longer available on my HP Envy

Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

I have a printer that does automatic duplex printing. I am working with others who also have printers with automatic duplex printing. I am preparing a booklet for an event we are having.. We were going to each 1/3 of the necessary copies on each of our
    printers. On 3/3, I used Publisher and Microsoft Print to PDF to create a PDF to print the booklets using automatic duplex printers. Today, I went to create a new PDF with updated information and Microsoft Print to PDF no longer offers the automatic 2 sided
    printing. My only choices are print 1 side and manually 2 side printing. What happened? Was I dreaming that there used to be an automatic 2 sided printing option? When I choose the manual option it says my printer is not set up for duplex printing yet.
    I went through the set up process then tried to print and it asks me again to set it up. I have removed Print to PDF and resinstalled the driver and still no auto duplex printing. What can I do? I need to create a PDF that can be used for automatic duplex
    printing. My cohorts don't have Publisher.

Does it matter want kind of printer I have? It's an HP PageWide MFP 377dw. When I print directly to it, the publisher document prints appropriately and auto duplex.

NJTransit203a, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Automatic duplex printing no longer available on my HP Envy

1. Automatic duplex printing no longer available on my HP Envy - Similar Threads - Automatic duplex printing

2. My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints: My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints either text or photos from my desktop computer Windows 10,instead givin an 'out of paper' error,yet when instructed to print a quality diagnostic, or a test page,gives a perfect print...
  3. My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints: My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints either text or photos from my desktop computer Windows 10,instead givin an 'out of paper' error,yet when instructed to print a quality diagnostic, or a test page,gives a perfect print...
  4. My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns: Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns pages Page number at different spot on odd and even pages. one higher than the other Top starts at different place 0n top and bottom margins One lower than the otherProblem exists for MS Word and PDF in DuplexSame document prints ok to...
  6. Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns: Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns pages Page number at different spot on odd and even pages. one higher than the other Top starts at different place 0n top and bottom margins One lower than the otherProblem exists for MS Word and PDF in DuplexSame document prints ok to...
  7. HP Officjet 4650 stopped printing colour and wont automatically duplex.

HP Officjet 4650 stopped printing colour and wont automatically duplex.: I have tried uninstalling all HP drivers and reinstalling, following instructions from the PF Printers Forum. Worked OK but on restarting PC today no printing at all! Have repeated the HP Forum uninstall /re-install .Now won't print from Word at all!! I am sure its a...
  8. hp envy 4512 printer no longer prints color or automatic two-sided printing

hp envy 4512 printer no longer prints color or automatic two-sided printing: Every time Windows has "updated" itself for the last 8 - 10 months, I lose the capability of two-sided printing and color printing on my wireless HP Envy 4512 printer. This has happened when 1809 was finally able to be loaded and for every "security update" or "system update"...
  9. HP OfficeJet 4650 stopped printing in colour and automatic duplex printing

HP OfficeJet 4650 stopped printing in colour and automatic duplex printing: I am having 2 issues which I suspect are both connected...... 1) Printer stopped printing in colour. - I have several times uninstalled and reinstalled printer and print drivers, both from HP website and CD. - Printer is able to print in colour - I can print proper test...
  10. Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex: I have a printer that does automatic duplex printing. I am working with others who also have printers with automatic duplex printing. I am preparing a booklet for an event we are having.. We were going to each 1/3 of the necessary copies on each of our printers. On 3/3, I...