Windows 10: automatic file download is disabled

Discus and support automatic file download is disabled in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; why is my automatic file download is disabled? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alex773, Jan 12, 2021.

1. alex773 Win User

automatic file download is disabled

why is my automatic file download is disabled?

automatic  file download is disabled 5f9b0883-8eb7-4d77-9907-504bcdb52eae?upload=true.png

:)

alex773, Jan 12, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jan 12, 2021
  4. automatic file download is disabled

Disable automatics updates

Hi MelissaRobinson3.

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor.

I would like to help you.

You can try to disable automatic updates starting from the point that automatic updates behave like any service. Follow these steps:

* Press the Windows + R key, type services.msc in the execution bar and press the Enter key.

* In the list of processes locate the Windows Update and open it by clicking on it.

* To disable it, in the General tab, look for the field "Type of start" and change it to "Disabled".

* Restart the PC and the automatic updates will have gone down in history.

If at any time you want to activate them again, simply follow these steps again and change the startup type to "Automatic".

DouglasMillar69, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

automatic file download is disabled

1. automatic file download is disabled - Similar Threads - automatic file download

2. Automatic file downloads issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic file downloads issue: Hi,I have an issue with Automatic file downloads in windows 10. I am using onedrive as a cloud server, and enabled files on-demand option there. I do not want download files with apps, so when first time I get notification that file has been downloaded with app, I choose to...
  3. Automatic file downloads issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic file downloads issue: Hi,I have an issue with Automatic file downloads in windows 10. I am using onedrive as a cloud server, and enabled files on-demand option there. I do not want download files with apps, so when first time I get notification that file has been downloaded with app, I choose to...
  4. Automatic file downloads issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. automatic update files download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic update files download: I have limited data on my satellite internet service of 40GB. When MS downloads the almost monthly update files, it uses 25% of my monthly allotment. I have a free download period during the early morning and want to do the download at that time.This is costing my around $20...
  6. automatic update files download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic update files download: I have limited data on my satellite internet service of 40GB. When MS downloads the almost monthly update files, it uses 25% of my monthly allotment. I have a free download period during the early morning and want to do the download at that time.This is costing my around $20...
  7. automatic update files download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Deleting downloaded files automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting downloaded files automatically: Hi, I want to ask a question. Is there any app or build in feature that asks you if you want to delete downloaded file right after you downloaded so you don't have to navigate to "Downloads" folder or any other where your downloaded files are stored? E.g. when you want to...
  9. Automatic File Downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatic File Downloads: I keep all of my music files in OneDrive, online. The songs are all in my i-tunes library. For years. When I played a song, it just played it. There was no hesitation. Now this dialogue box started appearing today, and it has to download the song to play it. I'm...
  10. Automatic File Downloads

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic File Downloads: Hi In Settings Privacy Automatic File Downloads, is there a related registry key to control it? Thanks 133766