Windows 10: Automatic File Naming

Discus and support Automatic File Naming in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have to save a lot of images from a browser daily and I usually do that by dragging the image from the browser to a folder. The image automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YamikoHikari, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Automatic File Naming

I have to save a lot of images from a browser daily and I usually do that by dragging the image from the browser to a folder. The image automatically gets a name that consists of random numbers and letters.

Can I somehow make new files acquire a sequential name? So if I have 100 images with the names "01", "02", "03"... "100", a new image would automatically be named "101"?

submitted by /u/YamikoHikari
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YamikoHikari, Dec 9, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 9, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic File Naming :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 9, 2019
  4. ram93 Win User

Automatic File Naming

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Automatic File Naming

1. Automatic File Naming - Similar Threads - Automatic File Naming

2. Setup automatic file save naming convention when saving files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setup automatic file save naming convention when saving files: I’m not even sure what to Google to try and figure this out. Looking for any help. My goal is when I go to save a file that the name of the file starts with this date format... YYYY-DD-MM Then the highlighted blue area would be editable and I could put whatever in there. But...
  3. Powershell command file to automatically list file/folder names

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell command file to automatically list file/folder names: I used "dir /b > file.txt" in a shift+right-click command prompt window to get the result I needed. Now, shift+right-click only shows the option for Powershell. I don't necessarily want to edit the registry to change that so I'm trying to adapt. In Powershell, using the...
  4. How to automatically rename files with same name when copying files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to automatically rename files with same name when copying files: Hi, I would like to know if there is some registry hack or something that automatically renames files with the same name when copying or moving. For example you have folder with a file called banana.txt and then you copy another file called banana.txt to that folder and...
  5. Snip & Sketch doesn't automatically name files by date & time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & Sketch doesn't automatically name files by date & time: Hi, I recently bought this ASUS ROG Strix laptop with Win 10 Home built into it. In my old laptop when I used Snip & Sketch and clicked save, it automatically filled in the name in a very useful date & time scheme. In my new laptop it just gives you a bunch of garbled up...
  6. Snip & Sketch doesn't automatically name files by date & time

in Windows 10 Support
    Snip & Sketch doesn't automatically name files by date & time: Hi, I recently bought this ASUS ROG Strix laptop with Win 10 Home built into it. In my old laptop when I used Snip & Sketch and clicked save, it automatically filled in the name in a very useful date & time scheme. In my new laptop it just gives you a bunch of garbled up...
  7. Files Name’s and Apps name’s Language Automatically changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Name’s and Apps name’s Language Automatically changed: [IMG]Greetings, Today, I turn on my laptop to see the language? on my pc is changed. Only the files name is affected, the preference, settings etc aren’t affected. I wonder how do I change back? Is it because of a virus? Please help....
  8. User System File automatically named by Microsoft Account Sync

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User System File automatically named by Microsoft Account Sync: I don't know how to explain this clearly... Whenever I perform a new Win 10 install, the computer automatically names my User Account folder as "desig" because of a freak typo once upon a time. See embedded screen snip: [ATTACH] I assume this happens because of Microsoft...
  9. How to automatically rename my mp3 file name to the lrc file name?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to automatically rename my mp3 file name to the lrc file name?: Hi , is there a way or a program to automatically rename mp3 lyrics file(.lrc) to the same name as my mp3 files? i am asking this because windows media player requires both the mp3 and lyrics to be the same name to recognize and play the lyrics. 56506
  10. Files automatically renaming themselves, duplicate file names

in Windows 10 Support
    Files automatically renaming themselves, duplicate file names: I have a new laptop, so unless this is some weird feature that's specific to the laptop, then I assume it's a Windows 10 settings issue because I've never encountered anything like this before. I downloaded several JPGs and PDFs from various emails and began to change the...