Windows 10: automatic file view

Discus and support automatic file view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When my computer is on but prior to log on, often media (jpgs etc.) starts and files start running. How do I stop this? Thanks, John... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John Guild, Feb 13, 2019.

1. automatic file view

When my computer is on but prior to log on, often media (jpgs etc.) starts and files start running. How do I stop this?

Thanks,

John

***Moved from Windows 10 / Security & Privacy category***

:)

John Guild, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 13, 2019
  4. automatic file view

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

automatic file view

1. automatic file view - Similar Threads - automatic file view

2. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  3. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  4. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  5. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Disabling Automatic Folder View Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disabling Automatic Folder View Settings: I have tried all recommended ways of disabling this feature, which prevents user from setting each folder to the desired view so that Windows 10 can remember it upon closing folder or restarting system. This Includes all registry tweaks suggested. Nothing seems to work....
  7. file contents view

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file contents view: When I open file explorer and open a file, all the icons display as if they are empty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-contents-view/232cd89d-c8c1-4f4e-a8e8-9d49a8dff7e8
  8. No Permission to View Files

No Permission to View Files: I have transferred files from my old windows 10 desktop to a flash drive for storage. jpg, word, excel, png, etc. I have gotten rid of that old desktop and am trying to open the files on my new windows 10 laptop. When I double click to open the file, it will give me an empty...
  9. HEIC file viewing

HEIC file viewing: I have the HEIC Image extensions and the HEVC video extensions on my Windows 10 PC but the TWINUI application will still not open the HEIC file. Any suggestions? I have tried converting it to JPG using the APowersoft application but it downloads the file to a location...
  10. automatic file view

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    automatic file view: When my computer is on but prior to log on, often media (jpgs etc.) starts and files start running. How do I stop this? Thanks, John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-file-view/06f1a068-ab3c-48e2-966f-8b298ff13b32"