Windows 10: Automatic highlighting

Discus and support Automatic highlighting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can be typing an email, Word document, etc. - and all of a sudden an entire paragraph gets highlighted and before I notice, my next key to be typed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TxBayGirl, Mar 21, 2019.

1. TxBayGirl Win User

Automatic highlighting

I can be typing an email, Word document, etc. - and all of a sudden an entire paragraph gets highlighted and before I notice, my next key to be typed (I am a very fast typist) acts as a delete button for what was highlighted. Poof! It is all gone! Numerous, numerous times and it is so doggone frustrating!!!! HELP!!! Is there a setting somewhere that I can turn off so this quits happening???

:)

TxBayGirl, Mar 21, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 21, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic highlighting :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Mar 21, 2019
  4. AndreePin Win User

Automatic highlighting

How to turn off automatic green highlighting in Onenote Mobile

Hi,

The green highlighting is showing you the content that you added from the device that you haven't read on the computer. You can go to Share > Mark as Read and uncheck "Show unread Changes in this Notebook". Or you can also try the steps below:

• Click the "Tools" drop-down menu from the top of OneNote.
    • To change to a regular style pen, select "Writing Tools" and then "Pens." Then select the pen you'd like to use.
    • To change to keyboard text, select "Writing Tools," and then select "Type/Selection Tool."
    Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Automatic highlighting

1. Automatic highlighting - Similar Threads - Automatic highlighting

2. Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair: Hi,I seem to be having an issue during start-up.My pc does those things and after those it open the BitLocker page,i put the recovery key but it is not unlocking it.What can it be done to fix this issue ?...
  3. Renaming a file WITHOUT!!!! automatically highlighting file extension

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming a file WITHOUT!!!! automatically highlighting file extension: When I use to rename a file, I would do a slow double click and it would highlight the name of the file but not the extension.Like this:filename123.jpgI don't know why this was changed or when, but when now when I go to rename a file and do the slow double click it...
  4. Renaming a file WITHOUT!!!! automatically highlighting file extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming a file WITHOUT!!!! automatically highlighting file extension: When I use to rename a file, I would do a slow double click and it would highlight the name of the file but not the extension.Like this:filename123.jpgI don't know why this was changed or when, but when now when I go to rename a file and do the slow double click it...
  5. Renaming a file WITHOUT!!!! automatically highlighting file extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Automatically highlighting bottom-most option in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically highlighting bottom-most option in Windows 10: I have a problem where if I for example go into the wi-fi access points screen it automatically highlights and selects the bottom most option, if I use the arrow keys it will still within a splitt second reselect said option, same thing if I go into settings, it selects the...
  7. How to change the Highlight color automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the Highlight color automatically: When I personalize my computer I always make the color change automatically. I find it disturbing when I highlight something, it's just the classic (eww) blue. DISCLAIMER: I DON'T ACTUALLY HATE BLUE. PLEASE DON'T HATE ME submitted by /u/KGFortyFive [link] [comments]...
  8. Mouse automatically highlights and selects everything it passes by

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse automatically highlights and selects everything it passes by: Does anyone know how do disable option that automatically highlights and selects stuff ? I looked it up and many people said disabling stickykeys should help, disabled it and still doesn't work. Edit : I have a desktop submitted by /u/EnVyJabami [link] [comments]...
  9. Cursor automatically highlighting

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor automatically highlighting: The way my cursor highlights when I try to click between characters or insert something has changed. I may have inadvertently done it but I don't know what it was I did. It automatically shades whatever is next to it. How can I undo this? Help and Thank you for any answers. I...
  10. Highlighted text is automatically copied to clipboard, how to change?

in Windows 10 Support
    Highlighted text is automatically copied to clipboard, how to change?: By simply highlighting text it gets copied to the clipboard overwriting content already there. I think I may have set this to happen some time ago and can't now workout how I did it, or how to undo it. Can anyone help me stop this behaviour? 125264

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatic highlighting in onenote