Windows 10: Automatic installation of unwanted apps from MS?

Discus and support Automatic installation of unwanted apps from MS? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all! I am running the latest Windows 10 version and I was just going to ask all of you here, is, did Microsoft finally put an end to where in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by win10freak, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Automatic installation of unwanted apps from MS?

Hello all!

I am running the latest Windows 10 version and I was just going to ask all of you here, is, did Microsoft finally put an end to where in the past, Windows 10 automatically installed apps without users permission like Candy Crush, Saga or any of those crap.

I am just wondering. Is it still an ongoing issue for some users who are running the latest versions of Windows 10?

Thanks in advance!

:)

win10freak, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Callender Win User
    Callender, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Unwanted Apps install automatically again

The CMD in TairikuOkami's post seems to hold for now.

AmigaRoots, Dec 26, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Automatic installation of unwanted apps from MS?

Windows automatically installing unwanted apps

Hi John,

If you find that the apps are installing even if these are already installed, it means that the apps are updating. App publishers sometimes update their apps to add new features and fix problems, and these updates are automatically installed through the
    Microsoft Store. However, you may turn this setting off by following the steps below:

• On the Start screen, select Microsoft Store
      to open the Store.
    • Select the account menu (next to the search box), then select Settings.
    • Under App updates, set Update apps automatically
      to Off.

Regarding your question, the suggested solution will work with your edition of Windows 10. However, modifying the registry can cause serious problems to your computer if done incorrectly. If you are to modify the registry, kindly back up the registry before
    proceeding to modifying it. For information on how to back up and restore the registry in Windows, kindly read through this
    link.

If you have further questions about the Microsoft Store, feel free to ask us.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

David Haz, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Automatic installation of unwanted apps from MS?

1. Automatic installation of unwanted apps from MS? - Similar Threads - Automatic installation unwanted

2. How do I stop Windows 10 installing unwanted apps automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows 10 installing unwanted apps automatically?: Dear Microsoft,You didn't manage to solve the issue for the community in the last 7-8 years.Will You ever do it?Can we expect that the unsolicited behavior will change in future Windows versions?Or can You assure that the bloatware installation will continue in future...
  3. How do I stop Windows 10 installing unwanted apps automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Windows 10 installing unwanted apps automatically?: Dear Microsoft,You didn't manage to solve the issue for the community in the last 7-8 years.Will You ever do it?Can we expect that the unsolicited behavior will change in future Windows versions?Or can You assure that the bloatware installation will continue in future...
  4. Unable to install apps from ms store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install apps from ms store: Hello, I am facing issues in downloading apps from MS store, whenever I try to install an app, it shows "Acquiring license", then after sometimes it shows "Error". Pls help me fix it. I am unable to download important apps. Windows basic apps also facing same issue....
  5. Automatic installation of unwanted apps from MS?

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic installation of unwanted apps from MS?: Hello all! I am running the latest Windows 10 version and I was just going to ask all of you here, is, did Microsoft finally put an end to where in the past, Windows 10 automatically installed apps without users permission like Candy Crush, Saga or any of those crap. I am...
  6. potential threat from unwanted app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    potential threat from unwanted app: I am trying to install a game on my computer but when I click on the install file, a window pops up telling me that Windows Defender has detected a potentially harmful app. What does this mean and how can I get around this issue? Thanks...
  7. Unwanted Automatic Scrolling

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Automatic Scrolling: Hello Forum, I've noticed a problem with scrolling. The system causes a scroll that I can't control. One example is the speaker volume. When I click on the speaker icon in the notification area, the volume control slowly scrolls to off. This happens on similar type type...
  8. problem with installing apps from ms store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with installing apps from ms store.: hey , while i was downloading asphalt 9 from the ms store i had to cancel some updates of some apps, while i did so i have cancelled asphalt 9 also while it was installing i just cancelled it mistakely while it was in its quarterway. after that while i tried downloading the...
  9. Microsoft installing unwanted apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft installing unwanted apps: I recognize that this forum is not attended by the folks at Microsoft, but hope someone can give me some insight. For the third time in several months when I booted my computer this morning I discovered that once again Microsoft had installed software I do not want; did not...
  10. Unwanted Apps install automatically again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted Apps install automatically again: I thought this issue had been dealt with months ago, but today the following just keep installing themselves automatically again. If I uninstall them, they will re-install after 10-20 minutes: Bubble Witch 3 Saga Candy Crush Soda Saga Disney Magic Kingdoms Dolby Access March...