Windows 10: Automatic log off after 5 min or so of inactivity

Discus and support Automatic log off after 5 min or so of inactivity in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My system logs off automatically after 5 minutes or so of inactivity. I don't know where to look for to change this option. I am logging in using my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kotmal, Dec 29, 2015.

1. kotmal Win User

Automatic log off after 5 min or so of inactivity

My system logs off automatically after 5 minutes or so of inactivity. I don't know where to look for to change this option. I am logging in using my hotmail at start up.

:)

kotmal, Dec 29, 2015
  2. Sluge1 Win User

Strange system load after ~5 min of inactivity

Thanks, but in case of disk fragmentation HDD load should be ~100% but in my case this is 0%

Sluge1, Dec 29, 2015
  3. Sluge1 Win User
    Strange system load after ~5 min of inactivity

Hello,

On my notebook Lenovo Z701 with Windows 10 installed I noticed a strange CPU load: after 5 min of user inactivity System process loads CPU at 30%. If I move the mouse, Sysytem process stops loading CPU. Is it a normal behavior?

Sluge1, Dec 29, 2015
  4. Automatic log off after 5 min or so of inactivity

DO you mean 'locks'? Because I have never heard of it logging off unless it crashes.

Go to power options, change the time the screen goes blank.

DustSailor, Dec 29, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Start button > left side, click Settings > select System > click Power & Sleep > right side, see my screenshot.
    ( ***I have a laptop. If yours is a desktop you will have a slightly different picture. )

Automatic log off after 5 min or so of inactivity [​IMG]

davidhk, Dec 29, 2015
  6. kotmal Win User
    Nope, not "locks", that would have been fine. It simply logs off i.e. I have to sign in as if I have restarted the system. Power Options seem good, its set up as 15min with batter otherwise none.

Not sure where on earth this setting is sitting. *cry

kotmal, Dec 29, 2015
  7. kotmal Win User
    Thanks for the pics dude !

The options I have are set properly, only when system is on battery I asked it to sleep otherwise its always "never". Still the system goes to sleep. **** Windows 10 *Devil

kotmal, Dec 29, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

Do you have screen saver enabled ?

In the search box next to Start button, type screen saver > Enter.
    Under Screen saver heading, is the box set at None ?

davidhk, Dec 29, 2015
  9. kotmal Win User
    Nope, its not enabled.

kotmal, Dec 29, 2015
  10. kotmal Win User
    I've been struggling with this problem. Not sure what is the fix. I landed onto this webpage
    Solved Windows 10 10130 logging off on inactivity? - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

I couldn't however fix my problem. *Sleepy
    Here's the stuff from the Event Viewer. Mostly related to RuntimeBroker.exe. Help appreciated

I pull out the windows to see whats the reason. Here's the list I get :
    The process C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe (###-PC) has initiated the power off of computer ###-PC on behalf of user ###-PC\### for the following reason: Other (Unplanned)
    Reason Code: 0x0
    Shutdown Type: power off
    Comment:

The process C:\WINDOWS\servicing\TrustedInstaller.exe (###-PC) has initiated the restart of computer ###-PC on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Upgrade (Planned)
    Reason Code: 0x80020003
    Shutdown Type: restart
    Comment:

The process C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe (###-PC) has initiated the restart of computer ###-PC on behalf of user ###-PC\### for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found
    Reason Code: 0x500ff
    Shutdown Type: restart
    Comment:

kotmal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Automatic log off after 5 min or so of inactivity - Similar Threads - Automatic log off

2. FiveM crash in 5 min?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FiveM crash in 5 min?: I play about 4 months on FiveM. Since last week my FiveM crashes after about an hour and then every 5 minutes. What could be the reason? I installed it completely new yesterday. FiveM crasht alle 5 minuten?
  3. Windows automatically logging off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows automatically logging off: Hi. My laptop automatically logs off The screen turns blue and says 'Logging off' every time I am on a conference call AND the laptop is plugged in It doesn't log off when it's not plugged in to the wall socket. And just very recently, it just automatically logs off even if...
  4. HP Envy 6 WiFi Drops from 5 mins to 5 mins

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Envy 6 WiFi Drops from 5 mins to 5 mins: Hi guys, My HP Envy 6 laptop's WiFi connection is dropping from around 5 mins to 5 mins. I have to reconnect it manually each time. I suspect this might be an outdated driver issue. I'm aware Windows 10 isn't officially supported for my model and there aren't any win10...
  5. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  6. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  7. "Automatic Logoff after Inactivity"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Automatic Logoff after Inactivity": Is "Automatic Logoff after Inactivity" a global setting for all users if this setting is enabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-logoff-after-inactivity/786a9171-6e16-4679-8117-d44d9065a339"
  8. Hotspot Mobile - Switch off in 5 min

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotspot Mobile - Switch off in 5 min: After last Windows10's upgrade why hotspot mobile switch off in 5 minutes again without connected devices? Windows solved this problem in second-last upgrade, but it returns with last update Thank you...
  9. Backups - these days around 5 Mins so no excuse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Backups - these days around 5 Mins so no excuse: Hi there I think it's worth labouring this point -- backing up your OS these days can really be done in a few minutes so there is 100% NO EXCUSE for not doing it. If your OS is say on an SSD a backup will take for an average system only around 5 - 10 mins (do it for...
  10. Windows 10 10130 logging off on inactivity?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 10130 logging off on inactivity?: So I recently updated from 10074 to 10030(switched from slow to fast) and my routine would be to use the laptop until midnight and not turn it off when I hit the sack. When I go back to it, it's already in the lock screen, logged off. It's not in that sleep state where you...