Windows 10: Automatic Logon Problem.

Discus and support Automatic Logon Problem. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have setup the Administrator account as well as my User account. Neither are passworded! When I am in the Administrator account, I can switch to my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Paul Black, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Automatic Logon Problem.

I have setup the Administrator account as well as my User account. Neither are passworded!

When I am in the Administrator account, I can switch to my User account by clicking the profile picture etc, and vice versa.

There are two problems I am facing.

[1] On the live system, when switching, or logging in or out between the two accounts, I get a hung login screen which shows the time and date. I then have to click the desktop first in order to get to the logon screen, which then shows the two user accounts in the bottom left-hand corner. I then have to click Sign in. I would like it to sign in automatically to whichever user account I want to use instead of having to click Sign in.

[2] When I boot windows, it automatically loads the last user logged in, thereby not giving me the option of selecting one of the two accounts. It would be nice to be able to click either of the user accounts in the bottom left-hand corner and get it to sign in automatically, without the need to click Sign in.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Paul Black, Feb 4, 2020
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

wolf2009, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 4, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Automatic Logon Problem.

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Automatic Logon Problem.

1. Automatic Logon Problem. - Similar Threads - Automatic Logon Problem

2. Logon problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logon problem: My wife's Lenovo Thinkpad just updated Windows and now demands a log-on password. She had previously set it to no password-what should she do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logon-problem/ab3bc1c5-389b-4241-9ece-a551d1587ec2
  3. disable automatically logon to hotmail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    disable automatically logon to hotmail: Hi I own a Windows 10 (1903) laptop. When I logon to Windows there seems to be what looks like a "Hotmail App" on the task bar (alongwith MS Edge etc). It is always already in login mode, there is no provision to logout, and when a new message arrives I receive a...
  4. VLSC logon problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VLSC logon problem: I received a donation for Office software from Microsoft via Techsoup and connectingUp. When I try to access the VLSC for the first time I bet the error shown below. I've tired logging in with a work account and a Microsoft account the results is always the same after I enter...
  5. Logon Ul.exe problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logon Ul.exe problem: My problems started today when I tried to open Sims 4 on Origin. I got a lot of notifications about broken mods I need to delete for the game to work. This is what I tried to do all day: -repairing the game (I think here I got a notification about my video card and I don't...
  6. Clipboard logon problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clipboard logon problem: Why does Clipboard sign on ask for Microsoft account and then after clicking there it shows Facebook account request. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipboard-logon-problem/9159f4e0-5760-4fe6-ab55-02b9c3126671"
  7. Logon/Login Problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logon/Login Problems: Greetings, first let me make my self clear(as I was accused on another forum) in no way do I want to hack, steal, bypass, or do anything else I've been accused of. I simply seek advice from others who may have had a similar problem. Last week I had changed my MS password...
  8. Logon/Login Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon/Login Problems: Greetings, first let me make my self clear(as I was accused on another forum) in no way do I want to hack, steal, bypass, or do anything else I've been accused of. I simply seek advice from others who may have had a similar problem. Last week I had changed my MS password...
  9. Automatically change logon screen wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically change logon screen wallpaper: Hi It took me a while to discover that the lock screen and the logon screen are not the same thing. Thankfully I know know that they are different things. Whenever I startup windows 10 I always land on the login screen, perfect for security reasons (the password)...
  10. Logon Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logon Problem: Here is my dilemma: I am running Win 10 Home. At first I had on my Lockscreen Windows Spotlight. But it also had a message from Microsoft to join Rewards. Even though I turned off all notifications, it still showed up and as soon as I was logged on, it would take me to MS...