Windows 10: Automatic Notepad recovery?

Discus and support Automatic Notepad recovery? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am running 20H2 and there was a pending update. I left the computer for an hour or so while logged in with an unsaved Notepad file, and then after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SimonGn, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Automatic Notepad recovery?

I am running 20H2 and there was a pending update. I left the computer for an hour or so while logged in with an unsaved Notepad file, and then after a while Windows 10 decided to restart itself, presumably for the pending update, or maybe there was a power issue (pretty windy outside, no UPS).

But anyway I came back to the logon screen, logged in, took a bit longer than usual, and notepad popped right up with all it's contents, the update was complete, and checking the Event Log there was definitely a restart. I didn't know that Notepad was capable of recovering unsaved files. Does anyone know when or how this functionality was introduced? pretty neat.

submitted by /u/SimonGn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SimonGn, Jun 9, 2021

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 9, 2021
  3. JCabebe Win User
    Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Automatic Notepad recovery?

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Automatic Notepad recovery?

1. Automatic Notepad recovery? - Similar Threads - Automatic Notepad recovery

2. notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery: I accidentally hit "X" on the tab of one of my important notepads, I'm using Windows 11 and just the regular notepad, not the notepad++. Unfortunately, they are not saved. Already tried the control panel way and the appdata, but both didn't work. I need help, please....
  3. notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery: I accidentally hit "X" on the tab of one of my important notepads, I'm using Windows 11 and just the regular notepad, not the notepad++. Unfortunately, they are not saved. Already tried the control panel way and the appdata, but both didn't work. I need help, please....
  4. Notepad file recovery

Notepad file recovery: I had a file around a week ago that i saved but just dissapeared from my desktop. i didnt look for the file up until today so i don't know if it even actually got saved.Is there any way i can recover the file?I already checked the bin and searched *.txt in "This PC"...
  5. Notepad file recovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad file recovery: I had a file around a week ago that i saved but just dissapeared from my desktop. i didnt look for the file up until today so i don't know if it even actually got saved.Is there any way i can recover the file?I already checked the bin and searched *.txt in "This PC"...
  6. Notepad file recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Notepad is getting closed automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad is getting closed automatically.: Sometimes an existing notepad file is opened to update the file. It closes automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-is-getting-closed-automatically/ffa9a69f-9397-4306-bb38-28148bb62d4e
  8. Notepad is getting closed automatically.

Notepad is getting closed automatically.: Sometimes an existing notepad file is opened to update the file. It closes automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-is-getting-closed-automatically/ffa9a69f-9397-4306-bb38-28148bb62d4e
  9. Notepad file recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notepad file recovery: Hi,About 3 weeks ago I took notes in the notepad app and yesterday when I was looking for the file, I could not find it. I don't know whether I didn't save it, or saved it over another file, or if I saved it and it got overridden. I have searched in the Temp file as well as...
  10. Notepad updating automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad updating automatically: Hi my PC started updating automatically and there was some unsaved notepad files which is my one day work. I searched on internet some said try to do restore previous version but it show no previous files. I need that notepad file please help me to get that back. Please...