Windows 10: Automatic Power Up on Windows 10

Discus and support Automatic Power Up on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every night, I shut down and power off my machine, which is running Windows 10 64-bit. Almost every morning approx. 99/100, when I get up and go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GrahamGrigg, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Automatic Power Up on Windows 10

Every night, I shut down and power off my machine, which is running Windows 10 64-bit.

Almost every morning approx. 99/100, when I get up and go to my office, my machine is up and running. This is from a shut down and powered off state.

I have observed this happening, on several occasions, at around the same time each night. That time is about 2am.

Why is this happening? How do I stop it from happening?

:)

GrahamGrigg, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 power options

Hi Robert,

About your concern with Windows 10 power options, applied settings may not be recognized due to several reasons. We suggest that you run the Windows 10 Power troubleshooter. Here are the steps to follow:

• Go to Search, type troubleshoot, and click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click Improve power usage.
    • The troubleshooting wizard will automatically start. It will try to solve any detected issues.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your concern.

Xylee Del, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 30, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Automatic Power Up on Windows 10

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Automatic Power Up on Windows 10

1. Automatic Power Up on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Automatic Power

2. My pc is getting stuck and then the keyboard not responding, automatically power offs. What...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is getting stuck and then the keyboard not responding, automatically power offs. What...: My pc is getting freeze and not responding to cursor or any buttons. It automatically power offs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-getting-stuck-and-then-the-keyboard-not/9dcd4e98-5641-4abf-a15a-222df94e3957
  3. My pc is getting stuck and then the keyboard not responding, automatically power offs. What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is getting stuck and then the keyboard not responding, automatically power offs. What...: My pc is getting freeze and not responding to cursor or any buttons. It automatically power offs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-getting-stuck-and-then-the-keyboard-not/9dcd4e98-5641-4abf-a15a-222df94e3957
  4. Windows 10 - After power surge, Windows loads forever with Preparing Automatic Repair,...

Windows 10 - After power surge, Windows loads forever with Preparing Automatic Repair,...: Hello,After a power surge last night, my PC no longer boots beyond the BIOS, and becomes stuck at the circling dots screen. After a number of resets, I will get a "Preparing Automatic Repair", but it never goes farther.On VERY rare occasions twice out of ~20 times, I have...
  5. Windows 10 - After power surge, Windows loads forever with Preparing Automatic Repair,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - After power surge, Windows loads forever with Preparing Automatic Repair,...: Hello,After a power surge last night, my PC no longer boots beyond the BIOS, and becomes stuck at the circling dots screen. After a number of resets, I will get a "Preparing Automatic Repair", but it never goes farther.On VERY rare occasions twice out of ~20 times, I have...
  6. Windows 10 - After power surge, Windows loads forever with Preparing Automatic Repair,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Iset the vram to automatic now my laptop is not powering on what should ido

Iset the vram to automatic now my laptop is not powering on what should ido: I lowered my vram once but some time later I thought it would become any problem so i put it to automatic now mu laptop shows critical service failed and it won't power on I tried many commands and reset with not cleaning my personal files but it is not working...
  8. Iset the vram to automatic now my laptop is not powering on what should ido

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Iset the vram to automatic now my laptop is not powering on what should ido: I lowered my vram once but some time later I thought it would become any problem so i put it to automatic now mu laptop shows critical service failed and it won't power on I tried many commands and reset with not cleaning my personal files but it is not working...
  9. why my power mode changes into power efficiency mode automatically?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why my power mode changes into power efficiency mode automatically?: why my power mode changes into power efficiency mode every time i pluge in for charging my laptop i choose it to balanced but it automatically changes in to power efficiency mode....
  10. why my power mode changes into power efficiency mode automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my power mode changes into power efficiency mode automatically?: why my power mode changes into power efficiency mode every time i pluge in for charging my laptop i choose it to balanced but it automatically changes in to power efficiency mode....