Windows 10: automatic "protection" notifications re-ocurring in system tray

Discus and support automatic "protection" notifications re-ocurring in system tray in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; does anyone know how to shut these off completely? see images. there is only one setting turned on. and that's now off. however, I still get this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdamEvanovich2, Jan 14, 2021.

1. automatic "protection" notifications re-ocurring in system tray

does anyone know how to shut these off completely? see images. there is only one setting turned on. and that's now off. however, I still get this stuff in the lower right corner in the sys tray. the notifications that "you are not protected". or even sometimes...""you ARE protected"". and it seems to return automatically every so often. is this MS's over-protectionism of its customers like Apple and other players that do the same thing? sorry, neither image below has the actual notif I saw. what's the cause of it? I'm on a non-networked machine, so security really isn't an issue. and my router password changes often, as I set up that technique long ago. and I don't play games on gaming websites, if anyone is wondering that too. so trojans and viruses are not likely = thanks.

automatic "protection" notifications re-ocurring in system tray 1dc4b876-9045-46eb-827e-6fcaa13115fe?upload=true.jpg

automatic "protection" notifications re-ocurring in system tray 00701827-94c2-4023-b212-da41e0fb6123?upload=true.jpg

:)

AdamEvanovich2, Jan 14, 2021

2. System Notification Tray Missing

No dice. It's my entire system tray that's missing, not just the icons in it.

SagaHaraldsdottir, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Berton Win User
    Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons

I'm not great with languages but what I see is right to left of the Notification Area. Mine is left to right:

automatic "protection" notifications re-ocurring in system tray [​IMG]

Some adjustments can be made to what is shown is accomplished by clicking the small up arrow to get the full list. Also right-clicking the Taskbar and choosing Taskbar settings then going to the Notification area can lead to enabling or disabling features on the bar.

Can't say about the clock but that suggests the whole screen may have been rotated or flipped.

Berton, Jan 14, 2021
  4. automatic "protection" notifications re-ocurring in system tray

Notification area (system tray) icons missing, Reset did not work

Hi Kevin,

With regard to your query about the system tray, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

automatic "protection" notifications re-ocurring in system tray

1. automatic "protection" notifications re-ocurring in system tray - Similar Threads - automatic protection notifications

2. System Tray / Notifications Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray / Notifications Not Working: Sup everyone,My system tray has gone missing from the bottom right of my screen. When I go into my notification settings to try and turn them on, it won't allow me greyed off, hovering over it doesn't prompt me to click anything. Its my own personal account on my PC, but I...
  3. System Tray / Notifications Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Tray / Notifications Not Working: Sup everyone,My system tray has gone missing from the bottom right of my screen. When I go into my notification settings to try and turn them on, it won't allow me greyed off, hovering over it doesn't prompt me to click anything. Its my own personal account on my PC, but I...
  4. System Tray / Notifications Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. System notification tray missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    System notification tray missing: My System Notification tray typically on the right side of the desktop taskbar is missing. All my small icons are on the the taskbar, they aren't grouped together under that system notification tray, which usually appears as a "^". We are running Windows 10 Enterprise on a...
  6. Custom application on the notification are/system tray of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom application on the notification are/system tray of the taskbar: Hello everyone! I`m searching all morning for some software that allows me to add custom application/shortcut on the notification area (the small icons next to the clock), can anyone help me with any advice? Thanks! submitted by /u/guilhermesimoncello [link] [comments]...
  7. System tray shows new notifications that aren't there

in Windows 10 Support
    System tray shows new notifications that aren't there: I've noticed on my laptop and desktop, both running Win10 Pro 1809, that since the last set of updates, when I boot up and logon, both machines show the notification icon at far right on the system tray as filled and hovering the mouse over the icon shows the tooltip "1 new...
  8. Notification/system tray oddity Win10 1709

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification/system tray oddity Win10 1709: Not sure when it happened, but on SWMBO's laptop (identical to mine), if we click on the two small chevrons (>>) in the 'sys tray' (call me old-fashioned) it opens to show the entire contents of the desktop - all files/folders etc. This first came to light when the boss...
  9. Notification Area (System Tray) Icons Re-Arranging Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area (System Tray) Icons Re-Arranging Themselves: Hello, sometimes when I Shut Down & start up, or Restart, the computer, my Notification Area (System Tray) icons tend to re-arrange themselves slightly. I have to manage to re-arrange them the way to maximize my productivity for the computer. Is there some sort of temporary...
  10. System Tray notification area oddity

in Windows 10 Support
    System Tray notification area oddity: I've looked all over for an answer to this and I can't find it. Am I patient zero? If I have one icon showing in the notification area it appears just fine. If I turn in another icon to show on the notification area the new one shows and the fist one turns into a blank area....