Windows 10: Automatic Proxy setup cannot save setting change

Discus and support Automatic Proxy setup cannot save setting change in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am running Windows 10 and I keep losing internet connection and when I run troubleshooter I get error message 'Windows cannot automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paully62, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Paully62 Win User

Automatic Proxy setup cannot save setting change

Hi

I am running Windows 10 and I keep losing internet connection and when I run troubleshooter I get error message 'Windows cannot automatically detect proxy settings', I then open network & connections select proxy and see that 'automatically detect settings' is turned off, when I select turn on I am unable to save the setting and once I close the settings page and recheck the setting has reset to off?

I have tried many different options I have found on web to try and clear this like going to internet options selecting connections and LAN settings & find that I am still unable to save the option to 'Automatically detect proxy settings'?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Paul

:)

Paully62, Mar 29, 2020

2. Proxy settings getting automatically activated

Hello,

Let us try to resolve your concern by configuring the
    Network and Internet settings. Here are the steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Proxy.
    • Make sure that settings under Automatic proxy setup
      are turned off.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Alvin Cop Win User
    Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings

Hi,

There are various reasons why you're getting such error message. Slow internet connections or network issues are possible causes of it. Kindly provide us the following details so we can isolate your concern:

• How did you get this error message?
    • Are you connected to the internet using wireless or wired connection?
    • Have you tried other devices to check if the same issue occurred?

Since you have followed all the steps in the article provided above, let's check if your computer's Network proxy settings are configured correctly by following these steps:

• Type Proxy in the search box on the taskbar, and then click on
      Network proxy settings.
    • Under Automatic Proxy setup, set Automatically detect settings bar to ON.
    • Under Manual Proxy settings, set Use a proxy server bar to OFF.
    • Click on Save.

Let us know if it works.

Alvin Cop, Mar 29, 2020
  4. stevie Win User

Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings

@Compumind @Samuria

Hi - Just so you know, I'm marking this "problem solved". I found this online How to Solve the Windows Could Not Automatically Detect Network Proxy Settings Error. Doing the last step under #2 is what solved the problem. McAvee is still scanning incoming. McAvee & Malwarebytes still show no problems with a full scan. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

stevie, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Automatic Proxy setup cannot save setting change - Similar Threads - Automatic Proxy setup

2. Proxy setup script not saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Proxy setup script not saving: Proxy setup script not saving even after updating group policy sccessfully. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxy-setup-script-not-saving/7ddc9264-0986-41ea-9010-8ec52d67c4d1
  3. Proxy setup script not saving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Proxy setup script not saving: Proxy setup script not saving even after updating group policy sccessfully. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxy-setup-script-not-saving/7ddc9264-0986-41ea-9010-8ec52d67c4d1
  4. Proxy setup script not saving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Automatic proxy setup - show current settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic proxy setup - show current settings: Hello,When "Automatic detect settings" is enabled, how can it be checked if computer detected or not proxy? not using Wireshark or other third party tools-Ivan...
  6. Automatic proxy setup - show current settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic proxy setup - show current settings: Hello,When "Automatic detect settings" is enabled, how can it be checked if computer detected or not proxy? not using Wireshark or other third party tools-Ivan...
  7. Automatic proxy setup - show current settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Automatic proxy setup

Automatic proxy setup: Why can't I save after turning on "Automatically detect settings" in the Settings Proxy window? Because I can't do this I can't connect the internet on my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-proxy-setup/3a888875-d947-4589-ad03-2abc890b74d0
  9. Cannot Change Proxy Settings (WiFi)

Cannot Change Proxy Settings (WiFi): I am unable to change the Proxy Settings for my WiFi, in both Settings App and Internet Options (The Ok button does not respond in Internet Options, In the Settings app the enable proxy option gets disabled again). When I run the network troubleshooter, I get the following...
  10. windows 10 automatic Proxy setting will not save

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 automatic Proxy setting will not save: windows 10 automatic Proxy setting will not save it is always in off and turning on will not save tried all the help commands using command prompt no help...