Windows 10: Automatic proxy setup

Discus and support Automatic proxy setup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why can't I save after turning on "Automatically detect settings" in the Settings Proxy window? Because I can't do this I can't connect the internet on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidKraus3, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Automatic proxy setup

Why can't I save after turning on "Automatically detect settings" in the Settings Proxy window? Because I can't do this I can't connect the internet on my laptop.

:)

DavidKraus3, Aug 16, 2019

2. Proxy settings getting automatically activated

Hello,

Let us try to resolve your concern by configuring the
    Network and Internet settings. Here are the steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Proxy.
    • Make sure that settings under Automatic proxy setup
      are turned off.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Alvin Cop Win User
    Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings

Hi,

There are various reasons why you're getting such error message. Slow internet connections or network issues are possible causes of it. Kindly provide us the following details so we can isolate your concern:

• How did you get this error message?
    • Are you connected to the internet using wireless or wired connection?
    • Have you tried other devices to check if the same issue occurred?

Since you have followed all the steps in the article provided above, let's check if your computer's Network proxy settings are configured correctly by following these steps:

• Type Proxy in the search box on the taskbar, and then click on
      Network proxy settings.
    • Under Automatic Proxy setup, set Automatically detect settings bar to ON.
    • Under Manual Proxy settings, set Use a proxy server bar to OFF.
    • Click on Save.

Let us know if it works.

Alvin Cop, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Automatic proxy setup

Proxy Server Automatic reset

Hi Yashwanth,

Let’s check the proxy settings and modify them if they are not configured correctly.

• Type Proxy on the start menu search, click on Change Proxy settings.

• Under Automatic Proxy setup.

• Move the Automatically detect settings bar to ON.

• Under Manual Proxy settings.

• Move the Use a proxy server bar to OFF.

If the issue persists even after disabling the proxy settings, check the proxy settings in Internet Explorer. Follow the steps to disable proxy.

• Click the Gear box at the top right corner in Internet Explorer.

• Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.

• Uncheck the option Use a Proxy Server for your LAN.

• Click Apply and Ok to cave changes.

You can also check if some third party software is causing the problem. Try to uninstall the program and see if it corrects the problem.

Hope this helps. Do get back to us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Automatic proxy setup

1. Automatic proxy setup - Similar Threads - Automatic proxy setup

2. Proxy setup script not saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Proxy setup script not saving: Proxy setup script not saving even after updating group policy sccessfully. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxy-setup-script-not-saving/7ddc9264-0986-41ea-9010-8ec52d67c4d1
  3. Proxy setup script not saving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Proxy setup script not saving: Proxy setup script not saving even after updating group policy sccessfully. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxy-setup-script-not-saving/7ddc9264-0986-41ea-9010-8ec52d67c4d1
  4. Proxy setup script not saving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Automatic proxy setup - show current settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic proxy setup - show current settings: Hello,When "Automatic detect settings" is enabled, how can it be checked if computer detected or not proxy? not using Wireshark or other third party tools-Ivan...
  6. Automatic proxy setup - show current settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic proxy setup - show current settings: Hello,When "Automatic detect settings" is enabled, how can it be checked if computer detected or not proxy? not using Wireshark or other third party tools-Ivan...
  7. Automatic proxy setup - show current settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Proxy is switched on automatically?

Proxy is switched on automatically?: For some time now, a proxy has been switched on continuously. This one interferes with my Uplay, which can not establish a connection anymore. How can I disable the proxy to be turned on all the time? [ATTACH]...
  9. Proxy "automatically detect proxy settings" keeps turning itself off

Proxy "automatically detect proxy settings" keeps turning itself off: Ok so it all started when I couldn't join my friends on Forza Horizon 4, I found that teredo couldn't start, as I searched for answers I found I needed to turn on "automatically detect proxy settings" in the proxy area. what's strange is that as soon as I turn it on and go to...
  10. Automatic Proxy setup cannot save setting change

Automatic Proxy setup cannot save setting change: Hi I am running Windows 10 and I keep losing internet connection and when I run troubleshooter I get error message 'Windows cannot automatically detect proxy settings', I then open network & connections select proxy and see that 'automatically detect settings' is turned...