Windows 10: automatic reboots in Win 11 22H2

Discus and support automatic reboots in Win 11 22H2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since installing 22H2, my computer insists on automatically installing updates and rebooting. That means that things I've left to run overnight get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JLC988, Oct 1, 2022.

1. JLC988 Win User

automatic reboots in Win 11 22H2

Since installing 22H2, my computer insists on automatically installing updates and rebooting. That means that things I've left to run overnight get trashed. The options to prevent this seem to have disappeared. Now I can only tell my computer what my active hours are -- "we won't restart your device during these hours" -- and I can't set those to more than an 18 hour span.

:)

JLC988, Oct 1, 2022

2. Win 11 System reboot automatically

Hi Meinan,

I am afraid that without error messages it would be hard to identify the cause of the issue, however, try the steps provided in the links below to fix the issue:

https://appuals.com/windows-11-reboots-automati...

https://windowsreport.com/windows-11-random-res... (Avoid installing any suggested tool from this link)

https://thegeekpage.com/fix-windows-is-automati...

https://www.windowsdigitals.com/computer-restar...

https://www.minitool.com/backup-tips/windows-11... (Avoid installing any suggested tool from this link)

Please let me know if you need further assistance and keep me updated.

Stay safe

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

DYARIBARHAM, Oct 1, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Preview of Windows 11 version 22H2 now available

Read more: Preview of Windows 11 version 22H2 now available | Windows 11 Forum

Brink, Oct 1, 2022
  4. automatic reboots in Win 11 22H2

laptop win 11 incompatible, but attempts to reinstall at every reboot.

I Know my laptop is NOT compatible with windows 11.

(I have no TPM2.0 option visible in bios)

My Processor

( Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50Ghz)

whilst being above min. spec,

is not currently supported either.

I therefore, obviously have NO intention of attempting to upgrade to Win 11.

The machine has other ideas !

Auto-download has already downloaded, and attempted to/failed to install win 11, multiple times.

Reading various comments elsewhere, At this point I should have been presented with the option:

"Do not install windows 11" .

I have not had this option, or I would have clicked on it !

I do still however need to download windows 10 updates, at least whilst still supported.

Automatic Downloads has been manually set to "off", in registry, and saved as such.

Machine continues to ignore this, and is constantly downloading updates, regardless.

Constantly Stuck in the following loop:

"Windows was unable to update to windows 11. Reboot machine to roll back update".

If I then hit reboot, and leave it alone to restart, it then stays on the updating (With timer spinning) screen for hours.

If I hold PWR Button, to kill it. then manually reboot, it then restarts without this loop.

I shouldn't need to do this every time I want to get in !

How can I get out of this stupid loop?

which update contains the windows 11 upgrade? There is nothing in the "Uninstall an Update" list, suggesting which one it is.

Can someone offer a step by step please, which DOES NOT include the usual "Pause updates" routine, as that method has been tried, unsuccessfully.

Regards.

Gary Armitage, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

automatic reboots in Win 11 22H2

1. automatic reboots in Win 11 22H2 - Similar Threads - automatic reboots 22H2

2. win 11 update to 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 update to 22H2: Win 11 WILL NOT UPDATE TO 22H2 SYSTEM SPECS Device name LenovoIdeaPadProcessor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i3-1115G4 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHzInstalled RAM 8.00 GB 7.79 GB usableDevice ID 4285FEB7-3750-4E74-90D5-5BE19F38FA80Product ID 00330-81617-54773-AA224System...
  3. win 11 22h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 22h2: i currently run win 11 21h2 on a unsupported pc i understand you need 64gb avaialable to install win 11 22h2 i currently have 465gb hard drive i have 283gb free space i have tried to install and it tells me that i dont have enough space to continue what do i need to do to be...
  4. win 11 22h2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 22h2: i currently run win 11 21h2 on a unsupported pc i understand you need 64gb avaialable to install win 11 22h2 i currently have 465gb hard drive i have 283gb free space i have tried to install and it tells me that i dont have enough space to continue what do i need to do to be...
  5. Update win 11 22h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update win 11 22h2: Currently running win 11 21h2 want to update to 22h2 can i install win 22h2 through a external hard drive 1 tb pc is unsupported and has 8g memory you ned a least 64g correct...
  6. Win 11 22h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 22h2: Hello,I hope you can help me with this fast as you can and thank you... :Why am I still not receiving the 22h2 update for Windows 11 even though my device is compatible and meets the minimum specifications by much and I have already installed the latest Windows 11 version,...
  7. Win 11 22h2

Win 11 22h2: Hello,I hope you can help me with this fast as you can and thank you... :Why am I still not receiving the 22h2 update for Windows 11 even though my device is compatible and meets the minimum specifications by much and I have already installed the latest Windows 11 version,...
  8. automatic reboots in Win 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic reboots in Win 11 22H2: Since installing 22H2, my computer insists on automatically installing updates and rebooting. That means that things I've left to run overnight get trashed. The options to prevent this seem to have disappeared. Now I can only tell my computer what my active hours are -- "we...
  9. Win 11 System reboot automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 System reboot automatically: The system keeps rebooting automatically while using, even only one or two apps are running. Just reinstall the system, but the problem remains. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-system-reboot-automatically/60ebb32e-8f9e-4041-a978-87a418cfe3c1
  10. Win 11 System reboot automatically

Win 11 System reboot automatically: The system keeps rebooting automatically while using, even only one or two apps are running. Just reinstall the system, but the problem remains. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-system-reboot-automatically/60ebb32e-8f9e-4041-a978-87a418cfe3c1