Windows 10: Automatic reconnecting to wifi

Discus and support Automatic reconnecting to wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm sort of new to Windows. Recently bought a Dell Xps with Windows 10. I can start the internet connection by clicking on the 1/4 fan shaped icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffS9, Dec 18, 2018.

1. JeffS9 Win User

Automatic reconnecting to wifi

I'm sort of new to Windows. Recently bought a Dell Xps with Windows 10.

I can start the internet connection by clicking on the 1/4 fan shaped icon on the lower right of my screen.

I can select a wifi connection and connect, no problem.

There's a box that will 'automatically reconnect' to the wifi as soon as Windows starts. But if I check it, it only works once.

Then I have to manually click 'connect' then wait for the connection.

I'd like to keep it checked permanently but haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

:)

JeffS9, Dec 18, 2018

2. Anomalous WiFi Reconnection

Wondering what (if anything) this was about: WiFi disconnected on wife's computer.

1. Checked, WiFi itself working.
    2. Ran Network Trouble Shooter, which usually fixes such problems; failed.
    3. Ran Hardware Trouble Shooter, nothing found.
    4. Checked Wireless Card in Device Manager; indicated as working properly.
    5. Restarted computer; still no WiFi.
    6. Although Notification icon was black, clicked on it to see if anything there, found that the WiFi network was "Secured." Clicked on that, saw that it was set to connect automatically, clicked on that, failed. Tried once more, failed, so deselected automatic connection, clicked again, and WiFi was reconnect instantaneously.

I think that that covers most, if not all of the steps I took to fix the problem. Any idea as to what caused this, and as to why non-automatic reconnect worked without even asking for the router's password?

Not Myself, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Anomalous WiFi Reconnection

No idea what caused it, I too have once in a blue moon been 'secured' but no internet. Disconnect and reconnect is the usual fix.

As to the password, if you have ever connected successfully in the past and had ticked 'automatically connect' then Windows would have remembered the connection and its password. Go to Settings > Network & Internet > WiFi and click 'Manage known networks' to see the list of stored connections. Click on one and you can 'Forget' it - then you'll be asked for a password next time you connect.

4. Automatic reconnecting to wifi

Can't uncheck WIFI "Connect Automatically"

Hi,

Have you tried removing the network from the list? Your network credentials may still be saved on your Wifi settings.

We suggest you to remove the preferred network and reconnect it. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows icon.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • On the left pane, click Wifi.
    • Click on link Manage Wifi Settings.
    • There is prompt, click on Manage known networks
    • Select the network you want to forget.
    Once you remove the network it will no longer appear on the list. You may need to reconnect it, if you want.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Automatic reconnecting to wifi

1. Automatic reconnecting to wifi - Similar Threads - Automatic reconnecting wifi

2. Wifi automatically disconnecting,disappearing and again reconnecting...Ping is also...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi automatically disconnecting,disappearing and again reconnecting...Ping is also...: Hello! My wifi is automatically disconnecting and then disappeares from the network list and automatically connects again..This is so much annoying..My ping also fluctuates then usual..I have tried everything i could find on internet as i am struggling with this issue from 1...
  3. Wifi automatically disconnecting,disappearing and again reconnecting...Ping is also...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi automatically disconnecting,disappearing and again reconnecting...Ping is also...: Hello! My wifi is automatically disconnecting and then disappeares from the network list and automatically connects again..This is so much annoying..My ping also fluctuates then usual..I have tried everything i could find on internet as i am struggling with this issue from 1...
  4. Wifi automatically disconnecting,disappearing and again reconnecting...Ping is also...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi reconnect issue

Wifi reconnect issue: In my Laptop, I have added a Wifi Connection. It works fine as long as laptop is on.If I restart the Laptop, it shows "No Internet, Secured". On troubleshooting, the error message is "Does not have valid IP Connection" Simultaneously, other devices are connected to same wifi...
  6. Wifi disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect

Wifi disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect: Because of the low Wi-Fi bandwidth and with full bars in the start screen, the Wi-Fi disconnects the network. After several minutes without an internet connection, it doesn't automatically reconnect. The Wi-Fi that I connected were checked that automatically reconnect after a...
  7. Wifi reconnecting issues

Wifi reconnecting issues: My wifi sometimes randomly disconnects even though I set it to automatically reconnect. When this happens, the wifi symbol on the task bar shows that I'm still connected to something even though when I open it, I have an option to connect to my router. It seems to be...
  8. Window is unable to reconnect the hidden wifi automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window is unable to reconnect the hidden wifi automatically: Dear sir, I am having wifi issues since last month. Previously my windows 10 was working fine but after an update provided by Microsoft, I am having a problem while connecting to wifi. It works fine with unhidden wifi but when I connect hidden wifi it can not reconnect...
  9. wifi reconnect problem

wifi reconnect problem: after updating to windows 10 1903 if router shut down and restart wifi didn't reconnect auto as always in past pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-reconnect-problem/ed313d16-a84b-4bec-a961-e9ec162305e2
  10. Anomalous WiFi Reconnection

Anomalous WiFi Reconnection: Wondering what (if anything) this was about: WiFi disconnected on wife's computer. 1. Checked, WiFi itself working. 2. Ran Network Trouble Shooter, which usually fixes such problems; failed. 3. Ran Hardware Trouble Shooter, nothing found. 4. Checked Wireless Card in...