Windows 10: Automatic repair at boot after completing hardware diagnostics

Discus and support Automatic repair at boot after completing hardware diagnostics in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On this notebook the HP hardware diagnostics extensive test was ran yesterday and took approximately 11 hours. It passed the extensive testing (RAM,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zbook, Jan 10, 2020.

1. zbook Win User

Automatic repair at boot after completing hardware diagnostics

On this notebook the HP hardware diagnostics extensive test was ran yesterday and took approximately 11 hours.
    It passed the extensive testing (RAM, Drive, motherboard,GPU, CPU, etc.)

Today when the notebook was powered on it went into automatic repair.
    Windows recovery on the computer was opened and I was not able to find the srttrail.txt report from today.

This notebook had not been using regularly and it does not have a backup image.

The operating system is Windows 10 1909

Chkdsk /r /v was ran and it found no drive file system problems.

Currently the computer is booted using Kyhi boot rescue.

Also attached to the computer are Windows 10 iso 1909 flash drive and HP hardware diagnostic flash drive.

This was diskpart output using Kyhi boot rescue:

Code:
    These were log collector results using Kyhi boot rescue:

MININT-PEDS76-(2020-01-09_16-07-40).zip
    MININT-PEDS76-(2020-01-09_16-10-26).zip

What troubleshooting is available to find the cause and fix the boot failure?

:)

zbook, Jan 10, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Automatic repair at boot after completing hardware diagnostics

Windows 10 stuck on Boot Screen with Auto repair & Diagnostic

Hi Adam,

To isolate your concern, since you were able to access Advanced options, have you also tried doing a system restore? If yes, and it does not resolve the issue we suggest that you perform Repair Master Boot Record. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Boot to Windows Recovery Menu.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • On Advanced options, click Automatic repair.
    • We need to use the Bootrec.exe tool. Click on command prompt and type the commands below:
    bootrec /RebuildBcd
    bootrec /fixMbr

bootrec /fixboot

Exit

5. Reboot the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Automatic repair at boot after completing hardware diagnostics

1. Automatic repair at boot after completing hardware diagnostics - Similar Threads - Automatic repair boot

2. Automatic Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Boot Loop: Hi there!I am experiencing essentially the same things that took place in this thread. I have so far tried doing the same things but am currently stuck being unable to boot from Windows 10 Installation Media via USB. I have tried multiple different USB sticks, creating the...
  3. can not boot from USB for diagnostics / repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not boot from USB for diagnostics / repair: I've been preparing a USB stick with bootable diasgnostics as I have had a couple of crashes since installing win11However now i find the system wont boot from a USB stick.Can anyone tell me what the "approved" process is to get the system to boot from a USB when Secure Boot...
  4. can not boot from USB for diagnostics / repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not boot from USB for diagnostics / repair: I've been preparing a USB stick with bootable diasgnostics as I have had a couple of crashes since installing win11However now i find the system wont boot from a USB stick.Can anyone tell me what the "approved" process is to get the system to boot from a USB when Secure Boot...
  5. Automatic Repair after Booting to Other SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Repair after Booting to Other SSD?: Have Windows 10 running on SATA SSD. No problems but decide to upgrade to NVMe PCI SSD for even faster loading speed. 1. Unplug original SSD, 2. Install new NVMe SSD then Windows from USB Media Disc Current Image. Install goes fast, no problems. 3. Plug in old SATA SSD 4....
  6. Sons computer won’t boot into Windows. Automatic repair and diagnostics for Windows simply...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sons computer won’t boot into Windows. Automatic repair and diagnostics for Windows simply...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JWF81 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2uxja/sons_computer_wont_boot_into_windows_automatic/
  7. Windows boot - Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows boot - Automatic Repair: Hello, I've plugged in a disk which was not in use for 1 to 2 years. It has Win 10 Pro installed. The welcome screen appeared and I didn't sign in, I only restarted the machine. I changed the date in BIOS - I reverted it for 4 years. Now the Automatic Repair screen keeps...
  8. windows 10 showing diagnostic and then automatic repair and is on a loop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 showing diagnostic and then automatic repair and is on a loop.: Windows 10 showing diagnostic and then automatic repair showing your pc did not start correctly and is on a loop. I have tried Reboot to previous time and that did not work.The computer was working perfectly previously....
  9. Automatic Repair Boot Loop.

Automatic Repair Boot Loop.: I really don't want to reset my laptop fully and i will only do such a thing as a last resort, anyways this issue has been with me for a few months now and I really want to fix my laptop once and (maybe not) for all, so please i need a lot of help till this is fixed, i...
  10. Preparing automatic repair/Diagnostics-stuck on time left

Preparing automatic repair/Diagnostics-stuck on time left: Hello, I downloaded "Treelife" to clean up my computer yesterday. This morning when I tried to open the Dell screen appeared with "Preparing automatic repair", would hang for a couple of seconds and then flash to blue screen"Window Defender Offline". Did search on internet...