Windows 10: Automatic Repair boot loop, Purple Screen of Death, cursor only

Discus and support Automatic Repair boot loop, Purple Screen of Death, cursor only in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm hoping to get some help with this boot loop/purple screen problem I've got because I can't for the life of me figure it out. Background: About 4 or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by W3ST, Jan 21, 2021.

1. W3ST Win User

Automatic Repair boot loop, Purple Screen of Death, cursor only

I'm hoping to get some help with this boot loop/purple screen problem I've got because I can't for the life of me figure it out. Background: About 4 or 5 days ago I walked into the room to see my pc on a BSOD (don't remember the reason at the bottom). My PC restarts fine and everything seems normal. I click to start a game and right before it would normally change from the desktop to the game, I get another BSOD, restart, and then get the endless spinning dots on the win10 load screen. After another restart or two I get put into "preparing automatic repair." If I let it go through that process it would end up with a black screen with only the cursor visible.

A buddy of mine is helping me out and we figured maybe a windows update got screwed up somehow and that caused the initial BSOD, then when I restarted, it tried to finish, but trying to load the game interrupted it again and that caused the big crash? Things we've tried: Booting with RAM in 1/3 instead of 2/4, only using 1 stick, only using the 24" monitor instead of my normal two. We thought maybe it was the mobo and since I had gotten it for Christmas, I exchanged/replaced it (went from X570 Taichi to X570 Crosshair 8 hero) at MicroCenter. They did some diagnostics before this point and they said the RAM, GPU, and processor all seem to be fine.

Back home, the first thing we did was try to do a fresh Win 10 install, but for some reason it didn't like the USB stick. We figured the problem might be because the bios version is from August and I have a ryzen 5600x which came out after that? We tried updating the bios from a different USB stick, but the board wouldn't flash the file. Not sure if that could be related to me using a chromebook to download the bios and transfer it onto the usb? We also tried updating the bios via ethernet, but for some reason the pc is showing on the network, but the board wouldn't create a dhcp, so the update wouldn't start.

He's going to bring his windows laptop tomorrow and we're going to try a new bios file. My fear is we're going to get the same purple screen with the cursor when the windows installer would normally show up.

Thoughts on what to do?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

specs:
    Ryzen 5600x
    GSkill 3600 CL16 RAM
    GeForce 1080ti
    Asus Crosshair 8 hero wifi Mobo
    Win version: I think the latest, but maybe it was trying to update to it overnight when I found it BSOD.

:)

2. Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next I did select volume and list volume X:

Automatic Repair boot loop, Purple Screen of Death, cursor only [​IMG]

naturalbodz, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next up is bcdedit | find "osdevice"
    And after doing diskpart , list disc

naturalbodz, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Automatic Repair boot loop, Purple Screen of Death, cursor only

Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Automatic Repair boot loop, Purple Screen of Death, cursor only

1. Automatic Repair boot loop, Purple Screen of Death, cursor only - Similar Threads - Automatic Repair boot

2. Blue screen of death followed by automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen of death followed by automatic repair loop: A few days ago, my laptop randomly restarted getting the blue screen error video scheduler internal error. I booted the Laptop in safe mode to see if I meaby somehow got a virus even though I haven't installed any new software or been to any sites recently. I don't, but I...
  3. Blue screen of death followed by automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death followed by automatic repair loop: A few days ago, my laptop randomly restarted getting the blue screen error video scheduler internal error. I booted the Laptop in safe mode to see if I meaby somehow got a virus even though I haven't installed any new software or been to any sites recently. I don't, but I...
  4. Blue screen of death followed by automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Automatic Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Boot Loop: Hi there!I am experiencing essentially the same things that took place in this thread. I have so far tried doing the same things but am currently stuck being unable to boot from Windows 10 Installation Media via USB. I have tried multiple different USB sticks, creating the...
  6. Automatic Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair Boot Loop: Hi there!I am experiencing essentially the same things that took place in this thread. I have so far tried doing the same things but am currently stuck being unable to boot from Windows 10 Installation Media via USB. I have tried multiple different USB sticks, creating the...
  7. Automatic Repair Boot Loop

8. Boot Loop and Automatic Repair Loop

Boot Loop and Automatic Repair Loop: i turned on my PC and it has the boot startup and the circle just keeps spinning so I kept restarting my pc then automatic repair showed up and did the same thing ive tried F8 but that doesn't work...
  9. Automatic Repair Boot Loop.

Automatic Repair Boot Loop.: I really don't want to reset my laptop fully and i will only do such a thing as a last resort, anyways this issue has been with me for a few months now and I really want to fix my laptop once and (maybe not) for all, so please i need a lot of help till this is fixed, i...
  10. Automatic Boot repair loop

Automatic Boot repair loop: My laptop lenovo 315 ideapad is hung up in an Automatic Repair loop showing message for logFiles inside srtTrail.txt, possibly the reason is that I pressed the power button twice when booting. I have attempted all the solution options in below mentioned links - 1....