Windows 10: Automatic Repair cannot fix my computer (Help!)

Discus and support Automatic Repair cannot fix my computer (Help!) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Basically, a Steam game was not updating and said Disk Read error so I decided to optimise my disk using the windows function to do so. I did this a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenWade., Sep 4, 2019.

1. BenWade. Win User

Automatic Repair cannot fix my computer (Help!)

Basically, a Steam game was not updating and said Disk Read error so I decided to optimise my disk using the windows function to do so. I did this a few times and stopped it while doing it after a few times.

Then I shut down my computer and Automatic Repair says log file c windows system 32 log files srt srttrail.txt

- Continue to windows 10 option does nothing

-Doesn't let me reset my pc (encountered an issue)

- No system restore points on my PC

(Says open system protection to make one)

-start up repair does nothing

-i have done chkdsk /f /r c: where it has fixed about 10 batches or so. Restarted and same thing is happening.

I have also done

bootrec /fixmbr -worked

bootrec /fixboot - access denied

bootrec /rebuildbcd - worked

Can anyone help me? I am stuck on automatic repairs. I am on a Laptop i5 gtx1050.

:)

BenWade., Sep 4, 2019

2. HELP! Windows 10 automatic repair couldn't repair PC. Details below

Hi Matthew,

As you are facing issue withAutomatic Repair, we would assist you for sure.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• I tried system restore” What is the error exact error message you received?

If automatic repair fails, you may try to repair them using these commands through Command Prompt under Advanced Options. Follow the steps:

Since you have done most of the troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to try repairing the Boot Configuration Data through the command prompt by following the steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.

• bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Surface Book Automatic Repair Issue

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Provide us the following details in order to assist you better.

• How did you perform the Automatic repair? Did you use a DVD to perform it or via desktop?
    If you perform via desktop then I suggest you to boot your device using installation media.

I suggest you to perform the startup repair using the Windows 10 installation media from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Boot from the Windows 10 installation media and then perform automatic repair and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to perform Automatic repair:

• Insert installation media and restart the computer.
    • Select language and click on Next.
    • Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.
    • Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.
    Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Divya Murugan, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Automatic Repair cannot fix my computer (Help!)

Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Automatic Repair cannot fix my computer (Help!)

1. Automatic Repair cannot fix my computer (Help!) - Similar Threads - Automatic Repair cannot

2. Windows 7 startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically: So after I started up my computer, windows automatically started running startup repair and the problem details are listed below. What can I do to fix it?Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOfflineProblem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385Problem...
  3. Windows 7 startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically: So after I started up my computer, windows automatically started running startup repair and the problem details are listed below. What can I do to fix it?Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOfflineProblem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385Problem...
  4. Startup Repair Cannot Repair this computer automatically - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair Cannot Repair this computer automatically - Windows 10: Hello,Have an old HPE 516z with AMD processor running a valid license of Windows 10 Home. When booting up the system it reports System License Violation and attempts an automatic repair and comes back with keyboard layout options but it does not respond to keyboard nor mouse....
  5. Startup Repair Cannot Repair this computer automatically - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Repair Cannot Repair this computer automatically - Windows 10: Hello,Have an old HPE 516z with AMD processor running a valid license of Windows 10 Home. When booting up the system it reports System License Violation and attempts an automatic repair and comes back with keyboard layout options but it does not respond to keyboard nor mouse....
  6. Startup Repair Cannot Repair this computer automatically - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Automatic Repair Fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Repair Fix?: I’ve tried everything I can feasibly(personally) try. I’ve watched countless videos and read tons of articles. I can’t reset windows. I can’t boot into safe mode. I jist bought the thing so I can’t regback. It’s getting tiring and quite depressing submitted by /u/meinguru...
  8. Help, my computer is in a constant automatic repair loop!!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help, my computer is in a constant automatic repair loop!!!!!: While I was writing, my computer suddenly went blue with a message saying, "stop code: Kernel Mode Corruption Heap" and goes straight into auto-repair. It continues to do so non-stop until I intervene and manually shutdown my PC via the power button. I can't even get to my...
  9. Automatic repair fix

Automatic repair fix: After turning my pc on power button, after half of a minute pc opens automatic repair instantly, where title says “Your PC did not start correctly”. I’ve tried restarting, reseting without deleting files, start up repair, system restore... All of them for some reasoms didnt...
  10. Automatic repair couldn’t fix your computer help pls

Automatic repair couldn’t fix your computer help pls: I already tried everything,even the fixboot and it says access denied pls help me i desesperate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-repair-couldnt-fix-your-computer-help/e4a8c34c-9ce1-44d5-b585-7986ca80e7bc