Windows 10: Automatic Repair Failed, SMART Hard Disk Error

Discus and support Automatic Repair Failed, SMART Hard Disk Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I switched on my HP laptop windows 10, I faced 'SMART Hard Disk Error The SMART hard disk check has detected an imminenet failure. To ensure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thangamuthu_RS, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Automatic Repair Failed, SMART Hard Disk Error

When I switched on my HP laptop windows 10, I faced

'SMART Hard Disk Error

The SMART hard disk check has detected an imminenet failure. To ensure not data loss, please backup the content immediately and run the Hard Disk Test in System Diagnostics

Hard Disk 1 301

F2 System Diagnositics

Enter - Continue Startup'

After giving F2, running system tests gave me the error

'Hard Drive/SSD SMART Check : RECOMMENDED ACTION - Executing DST...
    Hard Drive/SSD Short DST Check : Failed

Failure ID : 9LKV53-8L4AAE-MFPURF-60SJ03
    PRODUCT ID:

I used to give continue startup before and used the laptop normally. Now, giving continue startup leads me to

Preparing Automatic Startup
    and then
    Diagnosting your PC
    and finally
    Automatic Repair- Your PC did not start correctly

I have two options:

1 Restart
    2 Advanced Options
    Restart didn't work.
    I have seen a lot of methods in Microsoft community including some command prompt scanning that didn't work.
    I am going to follow a procedure that involves 'Windows Installation Media' but I have my doubts on it.
    Could someone give me or share a link of an article that has set of steps that I could follow. I don't know much about laptop.

Note:
    1 I have already taken backup.
    2 I tried using reset PC but that didn't work. It stopped.
    3 Windows 10 came along with my laptop. I didn't install OS separately.

:)

Thangamuthu_RS, Nov 29, 2020

2. Hard Drive Disk Error

Before you do a fresh install you should try using the OS disk and try to do a check disk repair on it first and/or see if the OS disk see's your previous install of the OS and try to do an automatic repair of it.

If that fails then go ahead and do a fresh install.

kuroikenshi, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Hard disk smart check FAILURE

Greetings,

Whenever I am starting my laptop below message is displaying

“boot device not found, operating system not installed, hard disk 3F0, press F2 system diagnostics

I can’t installed my windows on hard disk, any windows not getting boot after starting

After checking my hard disk for quick check following error displayed

hard drive Smart check- FAILED & failure id- QCXTH1-6KW601-MFPX1A-960EV03

please suggest for hard disk fixing. I already recovered my data by removing hard disk and attached with pc as USB

HP Pavilion 14-b109ex Ultrabook

SERIAL NO. 5CD2526C98

Hitachi Hard disk -750 GB

krunal parmar, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Automatic Repair Failed, SMART Hard Disk Error

Smart hard Disk

I have the same " Smart hard disk check has detected an imminent failure " on boot.

This started on mine years back.

I have used Seatools to mark out these sectors / blocks so they don`t get written to as i am squeezing the last little ounce of life out of it before it fails all together.

Generally when these start failing they will continue to do so through wear and tear of its mechanicals.

Best practice, Back Up Data,, Time for a new Hard Drive.

Do as Bill Smithers has stated.

Back up all your Data to 2 external media destinations.

Download SEATOOLS and make a bootable disk.

You may have to select the particular Boot device in the BIOS so to boot from it.

Run the diagnostics.

If you do continue to use this Hard Drive for a while longer you can turn SMART OFF in the BIOS.

But be warned the Hard Drive could fail anytime from now to even a few years later down the track so back every thing up.

Frank N St31n, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Automatic Repair Failed, SMART Hard Disk Error

1. Automatic Repair Failed, SMART Hard Disk Error - Similar Threads - Automatic Repair Failed

2. Automatic Repair Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Failed: Hello Microsoft Community,Recently my all-in-one pc fell down from the table backwards. It showed a blank screen buy with the power light on. I restarted it to check if it will reboot properly or not. Windows ran a diagonatic along with Automatic Repair. But at end it showed...
  3. Automatic Repair Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair Failed: Hello Microsoft Community,Recently my all-in-one pc fell down from the table backwards. It showed a blank screen buy with the power light on. I restarted it to check if it will reboot properly or not. Windows ran a diagonatic along with Automatic Repair. But at end it showed...
  4. Automatic repair failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair failed: HiMy partner updated one of his drivers yesterday and restarted his laptop as required. Ever since it has been stuck on automatic update failed. We’ve gone through so many videos, posts on here, Reddit everything and nothing anybody is suggesting is working.Can anybody help...
  5. Automatic repair failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair failed: Hi, my laptop did an automatic repair 5 days ago. It goes to stage 1 and 2 then it says "automatic repair failed, restart or advanced options". It's been doing this for the past 5 days. I've tried command prompt using YouTube videos nothing worked. My laptop is Windows 10...
  6. smart failure predicted on hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    smart failure predicted on hard disk: ı've been using my computer less then a year. I have an ssd and a hard drive in it. I am usually very neat with it. windows 10 came with my ssd. I, then added hard drive. any way. I've been getting this error. so I've decided to send my ssd to where I bought it. as you guess...
  7. Nvme ssd 313 Smart hard disk error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvme ssd 313 Smart hard disk error: How do I get rid of this error, it continues show up when starting, but every thing is seems fine. submitted by /u/iseedeff [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h99z6q/nvme_ssd_313_smart_hard_disk_error/
  8. Automatic repair fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic repair fails: When I start my computer first it pops up preparing automatic repair and then diagnosing your pc and then the problem Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc I tried so many way to fix this problem but no none of them work . I tried to reset my pc while keeping all my...
  9. SMART Failure Predicted On Hard Disk

SMART Failure Predicted On Hard Disk: I am seeing this message on a restart : WARNING: Immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent. Press F1 to Continue So it's pretty straight forward what I need to do and I just want to make sure I do it correctly as it looks...
  10. Repair External Hard Disk Errors

Repair External Hard Disk Errors: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please help me in a problem. I have an external 500 Gb hard drive and it has bad things on it. Please be nice to tell me how you can solve it. Thank you! IM waiting for a message! A wonderful day!...